Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lazy Sunday

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Lazy Sunday
« on: August 07, 2023, 10:39:45 AM »
Not the Lonely Island song...

Watched a couple movies while avoiding the heat yesterday:

The Beanie Bubble - a look at the insanity both in the demand and the creation of those little stuffed bastards.  The timehop seemed unnecessary, but a linear telling would have been somehow less engaging.  Galifianakis and Banks are great, per the usual, in their roles as the founders of the company.  Sarah Snook, being very anti-Shiv, was...ok as the second iteration of Warner's mommy-figure.  It's a fine movie, but it's not a particularly compelling story beyond the interpersonal struggles and Warner's apparent hatred of the people who sent his company into the billion-dollar sales stratosphere.

They Cloned Tyrone - In the vein of Sorry to Bother You, a subversive tale about the insidious nature of consumerism, racial identity and the role individuals play in creating the fabric of their neighborhoods.  Boyega plays a convincing dope boy and Foxx is outstanding as the throw-back pimp, Slick Charles.  Throw in a rival gangbanger and sleuth-y street walker and you've got some folks willing to throw down for their community when they find out what The Man has been doing to them all.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 03:11:29 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Re: Lazy Sunday
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 02:50:35 PM »
I prefer Mapquest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions