Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bruce

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Bruce
« on: August 02, 2023, 12:14:14 PM »
I just saw a piece saying Steven Pearl had been elevated to Associate Head Corch, or some other title.  Said it was his 10th year, and that got me thinking.  Bruce Pearl has been here 10 years?  Yep, this will be his 10th season on teh Planez.  Doesn't seem like it to me.  A little Bruce:

He's been a head coach for 28 years

He's won 21 or more games in 22 of 28 seasons.

He's only had 3 total losing seasons, all at Auburn.  2 in his first two seasons whilst turning the program around, and one in the Covid year.  13-14.  (I forget why we sucked)

He is 648-255 overall.  .718 winning percentage.

His overall record at Auburn is 187-111, which again, includes the first two season where they lost a combined 35 games while starting from scratch.

To Lorde Bruce!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Bruce
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 12:16:56 PM »
Hail Bruce!

I presume Bruce is setting Steven up to take over when he's ready to retire.  I have mixed feelings about that.  Not a fan of nepotism in general, and Steven hasn't ever been the head guy.

But, he's learning from the best and I would guess that Bruce will hang around for support and recruiting purposes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 08:22:21 PM »
If we are fortunate we will get maybe 10 more years of greatness. It will be enough to put us on the same level as the Duke and Kansas types. Although they seem human now that their legend-level coaches are gone. 

If he wins a NC along the way? Could set AU up for a generation. 

He’s the only SEC coach outside Richardson, Hall, Calipari and Pittino that I’ve felt was capable of putting a trophy in the case in my entire life.  Well except maybe Wimp and Dale Brown. 

I love him for staying.  That guy at Kentucky, say?  You could build a mansion with the trophies he’d have.  And there would be enough left over to make an end table or two. 

Love Pat Dye.  Love Shug.  Have great affinity for Tuberville.  Even so, Bruce is the greatest coach in the history of Auburn athletics. 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 11:15:58 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 11:12:02 PM »
Fuckin A to Lourde Bruce!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 02:15:49 PM »
I get to meet, shake hands, and eat lunch with Lord Bruce next Wednesday at a work function.  Anything you gentlemen want me to pass along besides the obvious "thank you for gracing Auburn with your presence"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2023, 02:48:46 PM »
I get to meet, shake hands, and eat lunch with Lord Bruce next Wednesday at a work function.  Anything you gentlemen want me to pass along besides the obvious "thank you for gracing Auburn with your presence"?
See if you can get some hats and shirts for the kids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2023, 03:06:58 PM »

It's not that big of a deal.  I've spoken to the man plenty of times.  We stay in touch a lot, as he's quite fond of me.  In fact, he wanted to make sure I was getting his letters, so he's been sending the Sheriff to hand deliver them to me.

The latest one was titled, "Restraining Order".  Man, that Bruce is such a kidder. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,GH2001,
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2023, 03:28:09 PM »
It's not that big of a deal.  I've spoken to the man plenty of times.  We stay in touch a lot, as he's quite fond of me.  In fact, he wanted to make sure I was getting his letters, so he's been sending the Sheriff to hand deliver them to me.

The latest one was titled, "Restraining Order".  Man, that Bruce is such a kidder.

Remind me to opt for Wes if I get in a legal bind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2023, 05:19:49 PM »
Remind me to opt for Wes if I get in a legal bind.

You couldn't afford me , anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2023, 04:43:31 PM »
Tell him you got an Auburn buddy who has a daughter who plays at Southern Indiana, and he’s wondering if Bruce could get the USI men’s and women’s team to do a double header at Auburn next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2023, 06:22:03 PM »
Tell him you got an Auburn buddy who has a daughter who plays at Southern Indiana, and he’s wondering if Bruce could get the USI men’s and women’s team to do a double header at Auburn next year.

That’s awesome to hear about your daughter! Hope I can get mine prepared for a full ride somewhere, preferably at Auburn, but I’ll take any place that will set her up for success and leave the political sway out of it mostly. I know you’re proud.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 06:26:33 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2023, 08:42:17 PM »
That’s awesome to hear about your daughter! Hope I can get mine prepared for a full ride somewhere, preferably at Auburn, but I’ll take any place that will set her up for success and leave the political sway out of it mostly. I know you’re proud.

My daughter would have loved Auburn, but the reality is that she just wasn’t tall enough for a small forward at the power 5 level. And we went to an elite camp under Coach Flo, and it was such a horrible experience, my daughter didn’t want to go to Auburn at all after that.

If she’s serious about it, you got to get her into aau teams by 7th grade.

But daughter is on the website. https://usiscreamingeagles.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/sophia-loden/7859

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,WiregrassTiger,
No reactions