Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's The Simple Things

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
It's The Simple Things
« on: August 01, 2023, 04:46:24 PM »
Easy Peezy recipe that we do every Christmas Eve.  Whipped it up again this weekend.  Basically, throw some breakfast shit together, and shovel it in your face.

1. Whip up a big batch of grits

2. Brown up some Jimmy Dean sausage, or sausage of your choice, along with some sliced up Bell Peppers.  I used green, red and yellow.

3. When both the grits and sausage/peppers are done, stir some mozzarella and parmesan cheese into the grits to melt.

4. Bake up some fluffy biscuits.

5. Put out the Frank's Hot Sauce, or sauce of your choosing, honey, syrup, or whatever you want to mix in or dip it in.

6. Put it in a bowl, grab said shovel and commence to pulling it towards your cock holster.

Can't go wrong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: It's The Simple Things
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 04:50:36 PM »
Easy Peezy recipe that we do every Christmas Eve.  Whipped it up again this weekend.  Basically, throw some breakfast shit together, and shovel it in your face.

1. Whip up a big batch of grits

2. Brown up some Jimmy Dean sausage, or sausage of your choice, along with some sliced up Bell Peppers.  I used green, red and yellow.

3. When both the grits and sausage/peppers are done, stir some mozzarella and parmesan cheese into the grits to melt.

4. Bake up some fluffy biscuits.

5. Put out the Frank's Hot Sauce, or sauce of your choosing, honey, syrup, or whatever you want to mix in or dip it in.

6. Put it in a bowl, grab said shovel and commence to pulling it towards your cock holster.

Can't go wrong.

We do a similar prep, but don't wait for the holidays.  A good 'ol grit bowl will satisfy ya.  My addition to your recipe is to add a fried egg (over-easy) between your grits and hot sauce. 

I also find a little green onion to be a nice topper, as it lends a little crunch and brightness to the party.

As for hot sauces, I'm finding that with this I like a crispy garlic chili crunch (most stores have a few kinds).  It's basically fried garlic and chili in oil.  Spicy, savory, perfection really.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

chinook

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 06:55:06 PM »
not sure about the mozzarella and parm ...cheddar or pepper Jack. But you know I've never tried.

cheddar grits
toasted fried egg sandwich over easy with fried bologna. a little mustard. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2023, 07:34:48 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2023, 11:35:02 PM »
not sure about the mozzarella and parm ...cheddar or pepper Jack. But you know I've never tried.

cheddar grits

My man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 10:15:26 AM »

cheddar grits

Yep, I think a simple dish like this can be tweaked just about any way you want.  Different cheese, spicier sausage, add onions to the peppers etc. 

On the fried bologna, damn I ate a lot of that growing up. Fry it up, (But first, cut out a little triangle for a Pac man look, and so it will lay flat) and then just straight yellow mustard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 10:51:41 AM »
We do a similar prep, but don't wait for the holidays.  A good 'ol grit bowl will satisfy ya.  My addition to your recipe is to add a fried egg (over-easy) between your grits and hot sauce. 

I also find a little green onion to be a nice topper, as it lends a little crunch and brightness to the party.

As for hot sauces, I'm finding that with this I like a crispy garlic chili crunch (most stores have a few kinds).  It's basically fried garlic and chili in oil.  Spicy, savory, perfection really.
Sounds like the Buzz Bowl other than the hot sauce...but now I know what I need to add next time.  There is a great little breakfast place on Canal Road in Orange Beach that I always have to hit at least once per vacation called Buzzcats.  Their bowl has the cheese grits with an egg over easy and the thick cut bacon with teh peppers and onions.  I hate the crunch in my breakfast, so I get it without the rabbit foods. But it needs a kick, so I am gonna have to start bringing my own hot sauce.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 11:27:50 AM »
Speaking of hot sauce, I've been a champion of Frank's H.S. for years.  We had an Atlanta Bread Company here for about 10 years, owned by a good friend of mine.  I'm a creature of habit.  I like what I like, and I tend to stick with what I'm comfortable with.  I say that because for quite a few years, that was my stop on the way to work, at least 4 mornings a week.  I would get a breakfast with eggs, grits, sausage etc.  But they only had Crystal hot sauce.  I started bringing my own bottle of Frank's, and they would keep it behind the counter for me.

Some of the peeps I'd meet there, started trying it, and got hooked.  The owner saw the writing on the wall, and started buying huge bottles of the stuff.

I'm not a big hot sauce guy, from the standpoint of making sweat beads pop out on my balding dome, and having to chug half a gallon of something to cool it off.  I like a little heat, and a lot of flavor. Even Snagette loves her some Frank's.  Actually, Frank is the next door neighbor. She can't help herself. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 11:34:25 AM »
I'm a Crystal Hot SauceTM or Sriracha guy.  Frank's has always been associated in my head with chicken wings, so I can't shake that when I taste it.

That said, I'll take just about any old hot sauce you got to kick things up. 

Sriracha is the king, but it's practically impossible to find these days. I also love a good pepper vinegar concoction for my collard greens and whatnot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 11:43:19 AM »
Speaking of hot sauce, I've been a champion of Frank's H.S. for years.  We had an Atlanta Bread Company here for about 10 years, owned by a good friend of mine.  I'm a creature of habit.  I like what I like, and I tend to stick with what I'm comfortable with.  I say that because for quite a few years, that was my stop on the way to work, at least 4 mornings a week.  I would get a breakfast with eggs, grits, sausage etc.  But they only had Crystal hot sauce.  I started bringing my own bottle of Frank's, and they would keep it behind the counter for me.

Some of the peeps I'd meet there, started trying it, and got hooked.  The owner saw the writing on the wall, and started buying huge bottles of the stuff.

I'm not a big hot sauce guy, from the standpoint of making sweat beads pop out on my balding dome, and having to chug half a gallon of something to cool it off.  I like a little heat, and a lot of flavor. Even Snagette loves her some Frank's.  Actually, Frank is the next door neighbor. She can't help herself.

Hair only holds you back.  Now you are more aerodynamic and can get through your day more efficiently.  I like Frank's as well, but have adoration for Texas Pete.... Not because it tastes better or anything like that, but because it kept me sane to sprinkle it on MRE's or "mermite" food when playing in the sandbox for the better part of a year, as it was the only thing available. 

My go to breakfast is an omelet:

1. Olive oil & 1 TBSP butter in a hot skillet.
2. 3 whole eggs, beaten like a Harsin led team, add salt-n-peppas here, and poured into aforementioned hot skillet.
3. Add sliced tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, and cut up smoked ham.
4. Add shredded cheddar and let it melt.
5. Drizzle some Texas Pete, Frank's, or Sriracha on top to taste and chow down.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023, 11:49:10 AM »
Hair only holds you back.  Now you are more aerodynamic and can get through your day more efficiently.  I like Frank's as well, but have adoration for Texas Pete.... Not because it tastes better or anything like that, but because it kept me sane to sprinkle it on MRE's or "mermite" food when playing in the sandbox for the better part of a year, as it was the only thing available. 

My go to breakfast is an omelet:

1. Olive oil & 1 TBSP butter in a hot skillet.
2. 3 whole eggs, beaten like a Harsin led team, add salt-n-peppas here, and poured into aforementioned hot skillet.
3. Add sliced tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, and cut up smoked ham.
4. Add shredded cheddar and let it melt.
5. Drizzle some Texas Pete, Frank's, or Sriracha on top to taste and chow down.

Add a splash of milk or cream to those eggs before you beat them.  It'll result in a fluffier, lighter texture in your omelet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2023, 11:55:24 AM »
Add a splash of milk or cream to those eggs before you beat them.  It'll result in a fluffier, lighter texture in your omelet.

F'n A this^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2023, 02:35:38 PM »
Hot sauce? Hmm. I like the small bottle of Texas Pete (because it has a large opening). I open it up and put one teaspoon of my homemade Brazilian hot sauce in. Shake it up and ready to go. I bought the hot sauce in a little churascaria of delk road and powers ferry in Atlanta. It would be great in other hot sauces also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2023, 02:47:52 PM »
One Christmas, years ago, we were doing the family get together dealio, and some friends came over with a gift pack of this brand of hot sauce, called Hotter Than Hell, or Make You Shit Yourself Hot, or some such.  Doesn't matter.

A bunch of us lined up and had to take a spoon full, and see who could stand there the longest without breaking.  Watching the video was hilarious.  I was out quickly, and without thinking, reached for the closest thing that resembled liquid....a bottle of bourbon.  I turned it up.

I don't do hot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2023, 02:49:03 PM »
Hot sauce? Hmm. I like the small bottle of Texas Pete (because it has a large opening). I open it up and put one teaspoon of my homemade Brazilian hot sauce in. Shake it up and ready to go. I bought the hot sauce in a little churascaria of delk road and powers ferry in Atlanta. It would be great in other hot sauces also.

Yo, Dawg!  We heard you like hot sauce, so we put hot sauce on your hot sauce!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2023, 11:58:02 PM »
scrambled eggs should and only be cooked with BACON grease. 

never a fan of splash of milk but I do it for the skirt.

agree with the lawyer from the pan handle on hot sauces but Cholula is in the rotation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions