Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

OH! The Hu-MANATEE!

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
OH! The Hu-MANATEE!
« on: July 28, 2023, 08:36:15 AM »
Beloved Florida manatee's death at aquarium came after traumatic sex injury, records show

Jesse Mendoza, USA TODAY
Thu, July 27, 2023 at 7:32 PM CDT

The death of Hugh, a 38-year-old manatee who died in April at Sarasota, Florida's Mote Marine Aquarium and Laboratory could have been prevented, according to new records that detail the beloved animal's death.

Hugh died from a 14.5-centimeter rip in his colon and other traumatic injuries caused by a sexual encounter with another, larger, male manatee at the facility, according to necropsy report findings published by the United States Department of Agriculture.

In case you missed it: Mote Marine manatee Hugh died at the age of 38 in Sarasota

The inspection report states "The facility failed to handle Hugh expeditiously and as carefully as possible to prevent trauma and physical harm, resulting in the death of the animal."

Aquarium noted manatee's 'change in behavior'
Mote Marine announced Hugh's death in a press release on April 30, when the aquarium described the incident differently.

"After Hugh showed a change in his behavior earlier in the day, animal care staff began closely monitoring him. Saturday late afternoon, Hugh suddenly became unresponsive in his habitat at Mote Aquarium's Marine Mammal Center," the aquarium announced in the news release. "Hugh’s Animal Care team responded immediately, and ultimately determined that Hugh had passed away."

Maybe they weren't just turning the frogs ghey...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: OH! The Hu-MANATEE!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 09:25:32 AM »
Christopher Columbus wept.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: OH! The Hu-MANATEE!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 09:38:15 AM »
Christopher Columbus wept.

Severe arthritis sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg