Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Vegas Odds, Cruitin' & Random Musings

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Vegas Odds, Cruitin' & Random Musings
« on: July 26, 2023, 03:03:19 PM »
So, I was texting....okay, sexting, with GF and GH about the articles out, showing that Vegas is placing odds on whether Ashford or Thorne will be the starting QB. I axed why, and they said because people will bet on any freakin' thing.

Sorry, but that's about the lamest thing you could not only put odds on, but even bet on.  Based on what?  Nobody is practicing.  There are no reports coming out of any camps, that by the way, aren't happening. How would anybody have any insight as to who the starting QB will be?  I gay-ron-tee U-Free doesn't know.

It goes further.  Even on our local sports talk show, and on Finebaum, I've heard numerous callers proclaim that it looks like Ty Simpson, or Milroe, or the ND transfer (Or whoever they've heard) has taken over as the starter at Alabama.  Really?  Glad you're that connected to the program.

Speaking of QB's, obviously it's going to be essential for either Ashford or Thorne to step up and play more gooder if Auburn is going to have success.  Anything close to last year will be an unmitigated disaster. BTW, I've heard that Thorne has the inside track.  I put a hundo on it.  But, that holds true for our two biggest rivals as well. 

I believe Saybinz hired Tommy Rees from Notre Dame, because his offense is more run oriented.  I think Little Nicky is well aware that they are going to take a YUUUGE step back at the QB position.  Say what you will, but I think Brass Yung is by far the most talented QB ever to play at the Crapstoned.  If one of those guys doesn't get the job done, they'll be out of playoff contention early and often.

FUGA will have someone under center with less experience than Hunter Biden in the energy production field. That may be less of a problem for them, because they have been winning by murdering people on defense.  Stetson Bennett was perfect for them, because he just had to distribute the ball and not take chances. Fun fact about Bennett. He was a walk on.  Told he couldn't do it.  Did y'all know that?

On the cruitin' trail, I believe if this JJ Redick fella' commits to us today, there's going to be a lot of top shelf cruits' that follow suit. Here's to Big Cat Weekend, and not Mud Kat Bryant.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Vegas Odds, Cruitin' & Random Musings
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 03:47:51 PM »
Unless Ashford has been putting on a show in the player-led practices, you have to think that Thorne is in line to be QB1.

I'll agree with the peanut gallery and suggest that it's just mid-summer restlessness for the degenerate gambling set.

I think there is enough uncertainty around the league that it feels like a year when Auburn can jump up and do some crazy shit.

15-0
Championship
Ferda.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 04:14:52 PM »
Unless Ashford has been putting on a show in the player-led practices, you have to think that Thorne is in line to be QB1.

I'll agree with the peanut gallery and suggest that it's just mid-summer restlessness for the degenerate gambling set.

I think there is enough uncertainty around the league that it feels like a year when Auburn can jump up and do some crazy shit.

15-0
Championship
Ferda.

:monkey:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 04:46:35 PM »
I listen to all the same folks you all do, and it seems the overall consensus is that he isn’t throwing to our receivers as much as Thorne. I think Thorne is going to be pretty similar to Sean White in his ability/production. It’ll get us some W’s if he stays the current course and wins the job. However, if Robby can make the right reads, figure out the forward pass, and rule his emotions… Auburn could be the scariest team on the schedule for every other team not named Georgia, Alabama, or LSU.

Really hope he puts it together. And really hope Jarquez comes back soon.

15-0 would be better than any Big City Slams you could throw my way. That, and my wife wouldn’t let me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 05:42:13 PM »
More musings.

The most overrated team in the land is LSU.  I predict FSU takes them in game #1.  I was just listening to a little PF whilst in the Ford F-150.  A caller asked him about the LSU/FSU game, and Paul was like, no doubt LSU will win.  He said LSU "has all the momentum right now."

All the momentum???  Based on what?  If not for a couple of Bryman Hatpin calls, a horrible Auburn team beats them last year.  Tennessee unleashed murder hornets on them in Baton Rude.  The worst A&M team in my lifetime handled them pretty easily, and Fuck Georgia hung a 50 burger on em'. What momentum?

Jaden Daniels is damn good.  He should be.  He's been playing college ball for 27 years. But, I think LSU was the worst team I've ever seen to win the West.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2023, 09:33:52 PM »
I listen to all the same folks you all do, and it seems the overall consensus is that he isn’t throwing to our receivers as much as Thorne. I think Thorne is going to be pretty similar to Sean White in his ability/production. It’ll get us some W’s if he stays the current course and wins the job. However, if Robby can make the right reads, figure out the forward pass, and rule his emotions… Auburn could be the scariest team on the schedule for every other team not named Georgia, Alabama, or LSU.

Really hope he puts it together. And really hope Jarquez comes back soon.

15-0 would be better than any Big City Slams you could throw my way. That, and my wife wouldn’t let me.

Jarquez May end up getting a very Jeff Burger type “suspension” wink
Wink.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2023, 09:28:00 AM »
Jarquez May end up getting a very Jeff Burger type “suspension” wink
Wink.

Nudge?  Nudge?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2023, 10:07:44 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2023, 07:58:51 PM »
QB position starter depends on what the revamped OL is capable of doing.  If they can pass protect, Thorne will be the starter. If they cannot, Robby will be leading the charge.  Either way, Harsin is not making a decision and I am okay with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2023, 08:00:18 PM »
And LSU will fold this year.  They are horrible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2023, 08:33:24 AM »
I'm riding shotgun with wes...

15-0
Championship
Ferda.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2023, 04:11:56 PM »
I'm riding shotgun with wes...

15-0
Championship
Ferda.

Hope it's a bench seat, because I am going skiing.  Y'all don't like it? Go give your balls a tug!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2023, 04:26:23 PM »
Hope it's a bench seat, because I am going skiing.  Y'all don't like it? Go give your balls a tug!

ARRRRRGHHHHHHHH

It's FUCKING EMBARASSING!

You'd probably oil a Canada goose's eggs so you could have a clean tee shot on #13.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2023, 05:32:50 PM »

Mr. Hockey?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2023, 06:56:31 PM »
Mr. Hockey?

A dibs is a dibs is a dibs, buddy. Who gives a shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
djsimp,
No reactions