Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lord of the Flies

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Lord of the Flies
« on: July 25, 2023, 10:46:46 AM »
Wait....I meant, Lordy at the flies.

I don't know if it's been going on where you live, but down here, we have been inundated with flies.  This summer has been weird, in that we have had a shit load of flies swarming around all season.  They get all in the trash bin, and it doesn't take but a couple of days, and the thing is crawling with maggots.  I wash it out and constantly spray it with Raid, but I think they bathe in the stuff. Open a door for 5 seconds, and two will come in the house.

Grilling has become a pain in the ass, because they're all over you and any food you bring out.  I got a bug light/zapper thingy, but it hasn't put a dent in em'.  It's not just us.  We've heard tons of complaints from people in our area. 

I saw an advertisement on the bookfaces the other day for a fly killah, which I ordered and received.  It's basically a plastic bag that you hang.  It has an opening at the top with one of those plastic funnels, where the bug goes in, but can't get out.  You fill it half way with water, and a bag of "bait" in the bottom dissolves.  It stinks, but it works.

I bought two of them.  No way to count, but I've had them up for less than 48 hours, and I guarantee there's 100 or more of those nasty bastages dead in there. I'm obsessed now, because I go out every chance I get to see if there are any new paying customers trapped in there.  I find myself talking shit to them.

I'm old.  It's the simple things in life that give me pleasure. Good bourbon, and a couple of fly traps.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Lord of the Flies
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 12:31:03 PM »
Maybe y’all should clean up a little around the house. Start taking more baths.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 01:23:39 PM »
Wait....I meant, Lordy at the flies.

I don't know if it's been going on where you live, but down here, we have been inundated with flies.  This summer has been weird, in that we have had a shit load of flies swarming around all season.  They get all in the trash bin, and it doesn't take but a couple of days, and the thing is crawling with maggots.  I wash it out and constantly spray it with Raid, but I think they bathe in the stuff. Open a door for 5 seconds, and two will come in the house.

Grilling has become a pain in the ass, because they're all over you and any food you bring out.  I got a bug light/zapper thingy, but it hasn't put a dent in em'.  It's not just us.  We've heard tons of complaints from people in our area. 

I saw an advertisement on the bookfaces the other day for a fly killah, which I ordered and received.  It's basically a plastic bag that you hang.  It has an opening at the top with one of those plastic funnels, where the bug goes in, but can't get out.  You fill it half way with water, and a bag of "bait" in the bottom dissolves.  It stinks, but it works.

I bought two of them.  No way to count, but I've had them up for less than 48 hours, and I guarantee there's 100 or more of those nasty bastages dead in there. I'm obsessed now, because I go out every chance I get to see if there are any new paying customers trapped in there.  I find myself talking shit to them.

I'm old.  It's the simple things in life that give me pleasure. Good bourbon, and a couple of fly traps.   

I've been fighting 'em too.  Send me what you are using at your leisure, please.  I have been putting out a bowl half filled with dish soap & half filled with apple cider vinegar.  They love to die in that eventually, but it isn't immediate or long lasting.

Maybe WT is onto something when we get right down to it.  We should probably hit the shower stall in the nearest latrine.  Separately, of course.  I'll do anything for the right amount of money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 02:27:26 PM »
I've been fighting 'em too.  Send me what you are using at your leisure, please.  I have been putting out a bowl half filled with dish soap & half filled with apple cider vinegar.  They love to die in that eventually, but it isn't immediate or long lasting.

Maybe WT is onto something when we get right down to it.  We should probably hit the shower stall in the nearest latrine.  Separately, of course.  I'll do anything for the right amount of money.

$$$$

It's called The Ranch Fly Trap.  The Googles will take you there.  I went home at lunch and saw a bunch of new patrons had checked in.  I hung one of them by my garbage bin, and the other by my grilling station.  I'm gonna' put flame to some delicious, skin-on chicken thighs tonight, so we shall see if there's any relief so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2023, 02:47:28 PM »

$$$$

It's called The Ranch Fly Trap.  The Googles will take you there.  I went home at lunch and saw a bunch of new patrons had checked in.  I hung one of them by my garbage bin, and the other by my grilling station.  I'm gonna' put flame to some delicious, skin-on chicken thighs tonight, so we shall see if there's any relief so far.

Thigh is definitely my favorite chicken part...and the grilled thigh is just perfection.  Kudos.  Don't go fucking everything up with coke in your bourbon, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2023, 02:57:13 PM »
Thigh is definitely my favorite chicken part...and the grilled thigh is just perfection.  Kudos.  Don't go fucking everything up with coke in your bourbon, though.

I can't help myself.  I just have to let the brown liquids socialize, and invite some ice cubes to the party.

Speaking of addicted, I started grilling thighs a few years ago.  Get a 4 pack of skin-on's for about $4.  I found this rub called Bird Bath Turkey Brine.  It's got sea salt, sugar, garlic, onion, citrus and spices. Heavy on the salt and very unique flavor. 

I grill them over an open flame, skin side down first.  I'm a huge fan of some serious char on the skin.  That first bite is pure crack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2023, 03:10:52 PM »
I can't help myself.  I just have to let the brown liquids socialize, and invite some ice cubes to the party.

Just when I think you can't get any stupider you go and say something like this:

Speaking of addicted, I started grilling thighs a few years ago.  Get a 4 pack of skin-on's for about $4.  I found this rub called Bird Bath Turkey Brine.  It's got sea salt, sugar, garlic, onion, citrus and spices. Heavy on the salt and very unique flavor. 

I grill them over an open flame, skin side down first.  I'm a huge fan of some serious char on the skin.  That first bite is pure crack.

...and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2023, 03:23:05 PM »
Austria! Well Then..'G’day, Mate! Let’s Put Another Shrimp On The Barbie!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2023, 11:22:27 PM »

$$$$

Don’t hang them close. It is a bag of dried shit. When it gets wet and hot, it smells like wet shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2023, 10:39:46 AM »
Don’t hang them close. It is a bag of dried shit. When it gets wet and hot, it smells like wet shit.

It definitely stinked, stank, stunk the first day.  Didn't smell anything last night whilst grilling bird parts.  There was a noticeable difference around the Big Green Egg.  A couple of enthusiastic wing men tried to disrupt the festivities, but it was way more bearable.

Nothing like a bag with dozens of dead flies, hanging by your grill station to get that appetite going. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2023, 02:14:22 PM »
I have noticed more flies lately at my house but I’m not going to buy the faggoty fly trap.

I took a shit on the back porch , this past weekend, and made my wife sit out there with a fly swatter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com