Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Burgers

Burgers
« on: July 19, 2023, 12:06:09 PM »
Reading K's post about In-N-Out got me thinking about burgers for this weekend & what my favorite type of burger is.

I mix up grass fed lean (93%-7%) with a fattier grass fed (85%-15%).  Throw in salt, white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, stubbs bbq rub, brown sugar, and a little southern flavor. Patty them out as thin as my caveman hands will allow. Grill 5 minutes or so on each side @ 450-500 until they have a nice char. Throw some spreadable butter w/ olive oil on brioche buns & put them on the grill, and throw some sharp cheddar on the patties.  Once the bread is slightly toasted, the cheese is mostly melted and I take all of it off the grill.  The following assembly occurs:

Bun, mayo, mustard, patty w/ cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle, a drizzle of A-1, and finally the top bun. 

Feel free to like this post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Burgers
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2023, 02:36:54 PM »
Reading K's post about In-N-Out got me thinking about burgers for this weekend & what my favorite type of burger is.

I mix up grass fed lean (93%-7%) with a fattier grass fed (85%-15%).  Throw in salt, white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, stubbs bbq rub, brown sugar, and a little southern flavor. Patty them out as thin as my caveman hands will allow. Grill 5 minutes or so on each side @ 450-500 until they have a nice char. Throw some spreadable butter w/ olive oil on brioche buns & put them on the grill, and throw some sharp cheddar on the patties.  Once the bread is slightly toasted, the cheese is mostly melted and I take all of it off the grill.  The following assembly occurs:

Bun, mayo, mustard, patty w/ cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle, a drizzle of A-1, and finally the top bun. 

Feel free to like this post.

I have a raging boner right now. 

I stay fairly simple with mine.  Coat them with Sid's Sure Shot, some garlic powder and wostsheshteshetstishure. 

Staying in the same meat group, lately, I've been going back to a variation of Paula Deen's Bourbon Beef Tenderloin marinade for my steaks.  It calls for bourbon, soy, woster, brown sugar etc.  But what I've been doing right before I take them off, is pour a mixture of brown sugar and melted butter over them.

I've been called, "The Man", more than a few times recently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 03:00:39 PM »
I have a raging boner right now. 

I stay fairly simple with mine.  Coat them with Sid's Sure Shot, some garlic powder and wostsheshteshetstishure. 

Staying in the same meat group, lately, I've been going back to a variation of Paula Deen's Bourbon Beef Tenderloin marinade for my steaks.  It calls for bourbon, soy, woster, brown sugar etc.  But what I've been doing right before I take them off, is pour a mixture of brown sugar and melted butter over them.

I've been called, "The Man", more than a few times recently.

You are the man! At least that’s what WT tells me.

Trying that on my next steak for sure. Sounds downright delicious.

Btw, I call it “wash your sister sauce”. Stolt it from somewhere else.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 03:08:15 PM »
You are the man! At least that’s what WT tells me.

Trying that on my next steak for sure. Sounds downright delicious.

Btw, I call it “wash your sister sauce”. Stolt it from somewhere else.

Yeah, and I'm stealing that too. 

I know CCT is going to come in here and call us sack-religious for "ruining" good meat.  I think he's a dash of salt and hit the coals kind of griller.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 04:54:51 PM »
there's a thread about this already.  ketchup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 05:15:01 PM »
there's a thread about this already.  ketchup.

I see that you started one in 2011 now!  What have you done to evolve your recipe?  And why are you living on the left coast?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 05:19:54 PM »
Yeah, and I'm stealing that too. 

I know CCT is going to come in here and call us sack-religious for "ruining" good meat.  I think he's a dash of salt and hit the coals kind of griller.

I like a little extra flavor every now and then.
However I do mainly stick to the lowery’s garlic salt and maybe a little Dales/Moores/fleeman action.

My wife will get loose with the Weber Chicago steak seasoning if I don’t head her off at the pass.

I want a griddle and start cooking up smash burgers.
Anybody tried that yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2023, 05:22:07 PM »
However I do mainly stick to the lowery’s garlic salt and maybe a little Dales/Moores/fleeman action.

My wife will get loose with the Weber Chicago steak seasoning if I don’t head her off at the pass.

Anybody tried that yet?

Getting one that sits on the egg soon.  Gotta get my bride to stop buying shit at Loft first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2023, 05:42:04 PM »

Anybody tried that yet?

i don't griddle...just cast iron on the gasser. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2023, 01:57:30 PM »

Anybody tried that yet?

My son swears by his griddle and makes a great smash burger on it.  It can get a little dicey because they fall apart easily but they are delicious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2023, 10:53:20 AM »
I see that you started one in 2011 now!  What have you done to evolve your recipe?  And why are you living on the left coast?
Wearing Crocs is legal there now and he hates pumping his own gas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2023, 07:05:09 PM »
Was in LA last week and finally got around to eating at In and Out. Yeahhhh. It was pretty good. Def a better burger than Whataburger or any other fast food chain. Nothing crazy but just solid. I liked it. Fast service. Fries were avg but Wgaf right? Smallest menu I’ve ever seen. Can count all their items on two hands. Also liked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2023, 09:00:32 AM »
Made turkey burgers last night...and had to find something to make them flavorful.  Marinated them in Moore's sauce for a few hours and put some Kinder's The Blend and Steak Blend on them.  Turned out absolutely delicious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2023, 09:12:27 AM »
Made turkey burgers last night...and had to find something to make them flavorful.  Marinated them in Moore's sauce for a few hours and put some Kinder's The Blend and Steak Blend on them.  Turned out absolutely delicious.

In the skillet or on the grill?  Please to be explaining yo-self in more detail, good sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2023, 11:14:28 AM »

There is no such thing as a turkey “burger”.
Prove me wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2023, 01:08:12 PM »

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2023, 01:16:14 PM »
In the skillet or on the grill?  Please to be explaining yo-self in more detail, good sir.
On the BGE.  Got the temp up to a steady 350 and slow cooked them with just a touch of hickory in there with the charcoal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions