Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Northwestern Pulls the Pin (Fitzgerald Out)

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Northwestern Pulls the Pin (Fitzgerald Out)
« on: July 11, 2023, 08:57:29 AM »
Northwestern fires football coach Pat Fitzgerald amid hazing scandal
In explaining his decision to fire football coach Pat Fitzgerald, Northwestern president said the hazing was "widespread and clearly not a secret within the program."

Scooby Axson
Nicole Poell
USA TODAY

Northwestern head football coach Pat Fitzgerald was fired on Monday after several former players revealed details of hazing within the football program, and days after an independent investigation confirmed hazing activities "widespread among football players." University president Michael Schill announced Fitzgerald's firing in a statement to the Northwestern community posted online.

While Schill said the details of the investigation would remain confidential, he revealed some new information as he explained his decision to fire Fitzgerald:

He said that 11 current or former players told investigators hazing had been ongoing, and he mentioned a new report from Monday, where more former players confirmed hazing "was systemic dating back many years."

Read more if you wish: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2023/07/10/pat-fitzgerald-fired-northwestern-football-hazing-scandal/70394723007/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Northwestern Pulls the Pin (Fitzgerald Out)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 10:21:46 AM »
One report includes allegations of racism also.

It would be nice to report some of these so called allegations. Is it really racism.
I never thought Harlequin was racist. But they accused him anyway. I mean he offered up his large round girls to the guys, right?

Is this just more Chicago wokeness?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 10:29:53 AM »
Hazing? 

What's the big deal?  Hazing makes you stronger.  I've been hazed. I've hazed. It's just part of the ritual of growing up. Yeah, it isn't fun when it's happening to you, but it's not supposed to be fun. You endure it because you want to be a part of whatever organization or group is initiating you. And then you initiate others.   

The fact that twinkies can't handle it because of 'feelings' is the bigger issue. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 11:25:09 AM »
Hazing? 

What's the big deal?  Hazing makes you stronger.  I've been hazed. I've hazed. It's just part of the ritual of growing up. Yeah, it isn't fun when it's happening to you, but it's not supposed to be fun. You endure it because you want to be a part of whatever organization or group is initiating you. And then you initiate others.   

The fact that twinkies can't handle it because of 'feelings' is the bigger issue.

Yeah....but racism.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023, 11:41:21 AM »
Yeah....but racism.

Don't get me started.  I grew up watching Match Game, The Jeffersons, Richard Pryor....

Grow a little skin, bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 01:37:56 PM »
I find this interesting. They met with Fitzgerald. Discussed things. Disclosed things. Suspended him w/o for two weeks (I know, cry me a river, guy ain't hurting, but still...). Then, when the media fires stoke, THEN they decided to fire him?

Either they learned something really damaging OR they caved.

I don't think it's just the media laying in on them. I think someone(s) with serious money behind that new football facility pulled the cord (or threatened to) and that's why the Pres. blew up his flailing football program six weeks before the season starts.

Methinks it's always going to be about the money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2023, 02:00:06 PM »
They'll work out something for his buyout, and this will go away.  Whatever they have is just leverage. Probably looking for anything they can to have cause for firing a coach who was 1-11 in 2022.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2023, 02:16:08 PM »
They'll work out something for his buyout, and this will go away.  Whatever they have is just leverage. Probably looking for anything they can to have cause for firing a coach who was 1-11 in 2022.

They didn't fire him for going 1-11 last year. Otherwise, they do that in December. They had to believe they had enough of whatever to can him now without paying the full buyout, or any of it.

I am not confirming or refuting the claims. I just find it interesting that not once in 17 years there wasn't a peep about this until a few weeks ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2023, 02:24:44 PM »
They didn't fire him for going 1-11 last year. Otherwise, they do that in December. They had to believe they had enough of whatever to can him now without paying the full buyout, or any of it.

I am not confirming or refuting the claims. I just find it interesting that not once in 17 years there wasn't a peep about this until a few weeks ago.

They didn't fire him after the 1-11 season because his buyout is projected to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 million.  When this came up, they suddenly found either a way out, or leverage to negotiate something much less.  If guy went 10-3 last season, this never comes to light.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2023, 02:27:19 PM »
And, oh by the way, NW was 3-9 in 2021.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2023, 02:44:34 PM »
And, oh by the way, NW was 3-9 in 2021.

You the one that said 1-11. I don't follow the Mildcats. But you do make a good point. Heck of a gamble though on the admin part. Better have a good case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2023, 02:48:46 PM »
You the one that said 1-11. I don't follow the Mildcats. But you do make a good point. Heck of a gamble though on the admin part. Better have a good case.

He has lawyered up with Dan Webb. This ought to be fun. I think NW messed up a bit here with hardly any due process for firing with cause. I think they willingly caved to said "cause". No new info has arisen the last 4 days that wasn't already known when he was suspended.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2023, 03:27:16 PM »
He probably brought in an intern and cheated on his wife with her.  And I think she's now at San Jose State or something like that.  Jumbo knows her on the instas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2023, 04:07:15 PM »
He probably brought in an intern and cheated on his wife with her.  And I think she's now at San Jose State or something like that.  Jumbo knows her on the instas.

Pics of said intern, or it didn't happen.  Scantily clad pics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2023, 04:45:48 PM »
Pics of said intern, or it didn't happen.  Scantily clad pics.

Seriously....this place has rules....and a code.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2023, 04:49:24 PM »
Seriously....this place has rules....and a code.

Exactly.  And the rule is, "Pics or it didn't happen". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2023, 05:36:51 PM »
Exactly.  And the rule is, "Pics or it didn't happen".

Stay Clesi, San Jose.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2023, 07:05:16 PM »
Do you expect Snags to remember something that he said over 10 minutes ago?

All kidding aside, please try to be more subtle about his senility. I know it’s not easy having to put up with the stupidity but he was a founding member of the x. We should act appreciative.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2023, 09:02:17 AM »
Do you expect Snags to remember something that he said over 10 minutes ago?

All kidding aside, please try to be more subtle about his senility. I know it’s not easy having to put up with the stupidity but he was a founding member of the x. We should act appreciative.

I mean as a nation we are actively participating in elder abuse with our POTUS elections and upcoming choices. Snags is no different. What's good for the goose is a hand in the bush or something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2023, 11:52:51 AM »
What's good for the goose is a hand in the bush or something.

Don't mess with Texas...or ummm, Strategery, or something....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE