Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why Do We Still Have The NCAA???

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Why Do We Still Have The NCAA???
« on: June 23, 2023, 10:22:02 AM »
The evil empire, known as the NCAA, dropped the hammer on LSU yesterday.  Serious violations in both the football and basketball programs, resulted in major penalties against both programs, and all involved.  (Does somebody have a towel so I can wipe off the sarcasm dripping from that statement?)

LSU Football was penalized because it was found that a booster did in fact, pay a recruit's dad, over $180,000.00.  There were some other minor violations, but after finding out that it happened, LSU kept said booster on the board for over 2 years.  The worst part of the NCAA hammer:

3 years probation.  It's retroactive.  Probation ends in September of this year.

LSU has to forfeit all the games that recruit played in.  The only person who cares about that is Les Miles, because you have to have a .600 or above winning percentage to qualify for the College Football HOF. 

The booster is disassociated from the program for 10 years.

I think there was a $5,000.00 fine too.  Remember when Bama was staring down the barrel of the death penalty gun for paying $150K for Albert Means, and the booster, Logan Young, was headed to Federal Prison because of it?

In Basketball, Coach Will Wade was nailed on a wire tap admitting they paid big money for a recruit.  When it came out, the LSU AD wanted Wade gone.  Instead, LSU fired the AD and kept Wade on for over 2 years after that. The NCAA Hammer:

3 years probation.  Who cares?  Everything is legal now.

Will Wade gets a 2 year Show Cause.

I think there was also a minimal loss of scholarships

Now, remember when Bruce Pearl got popped for fibbing about having a recruit over for a BBQ?  He got a 3 year Show Cause for that.  Here's how Wade's Show Cause works.  He's already the Head Corch at McNeese State, so the NCAA decided to suspend him the first 10 games of this upcoming season. How will LSU ever recover from that?

Oh, and back on football.  When all this started coming out that the NCAA was coming after them, LSU decided to self impose a Bowl ban, which the NCAA found as sufficient. That was 2021.  anyone want to guess their record that year?

6-7 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Why Do We Still Have The NCAA???
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 11:19:25 AM »
The evil empire, known as the NCAA, dropped the hammer on LSU yesterday.  Serious violations in both the football and basketball programs, resulted in major penalties against both programs, and all involved.  (Does somebody have a towel so I can wipe off the sarcasm dripping from that statement?)

LSU Football was penalized because it was found that a booster did in fact, pay a recruit's dad, over $180,000.00.  There were some other minor violations, but after finding out that it happened, LSU kept said booster on the board for over 2 years.  The worst part of the NCAA hammer:

3 years probation.  It's retroactive.  Probation ends in September of this year.

LSU has to forfeit all the games that recruit played in.  The only person who cares about that is Les Miles, because you have to have a .600 or above winning percentage to qualify for the College Football HOF. 

The booster is disassociated from the program for 10 years.

I think there was a $5,000.00 fine too.  Remember when Bama was staring down the barrel of the death penalty gun for paying $150K for Albert Means, and the booster, Logan Young, was headed to Federal Prison because of it?

In Basketball, Coach Will Wade was nailed on a wire tap admitting they paid big money for a recruit.  When it came out, the LSU AD wanted Wade gone.  Instead, LSU fired the AD and kept Wade on for over 2 years after that. The NCAA Hammer:

3 years probation.  Who cares?  Everything is legal now.

Will Wade gets a 2 year Show Cause.

I think there was also a minimal loss of scholarships

Now, remember when Bruce Pearl got popped for fibbing about having a recruit over for a BBQ?  He got a 3 year Show Cause for that.  Here's how Wade's Show Cause works.  He's already the Head Corch at McNeese State, so the NCAA decided to suspend him the first 10 games of this upcoming season. How will LSU ever recover from that?

Oh, and back on football.  When all this started coming out that the NCAA was coming after them, LSU decided to self impose a Bowl ban, which the NCAA found as sufficient. That was 2021.  anyone want to guess their record that year?

6-7

Kind of stunning actually. 

I guess I understand that it doesn't make sense to punish current players for something that happened a fucking decade ago, but at the same time.... why did it take a DECADE to deal with this? 

The problem I have here is that LSU administration was aware of the violations, knew they were legitimate, had proof, and did nothing. No changes.  There should be some accountability there.  But how?

Meanwhile T-Town Tom rolled merrily along, T-Rent still got his rental cars and free houses, and so on and so on.  Alabama cheats, LSU gets punished. 

It's kind of why I'm okay with leaving football in my rear view mirror.  The NCAA system - like politics - is corrupt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 09:34:15 PM »
I hear y’all. I really do. But imma promise you this. If you just watch the games and focus on the game, football is a lot of fun. Have to make the coconut e choice but it’s worth it. Cheers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 05:01:50 PM »
So, the NCAA finally doles out the punishment to Tennessee, after it was found that their staff, under Jeremy Pruitt, committed some 200 violations, resulting in $60,000.00 in impermissible benefits being paid to players.

Jeremy Pruitt gets a 6 year show cause, and Tennessee avoided a postseason ban in the decision but will be placed on probation for five years, assessed a fine of $8 million and will have their football scholarships reduced by 28 during the five-year probation.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."