Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bye Bye UnderArmor..?

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Bye Bye UnderArmor..?
« on: June 21, 2023, 03:34:58 PM »
Appears that will probably happen this fall. Auburn cannot officially negotiate with anyone else "formally" until Sept 1st per the current contract. But a few who seem to know a few in the know (say that 5 times backwards) - are saying there is a ton of Jordan and Nike chatter. And much like Allen Greene's tenure and ending went - we probably would have already signed something with UA if they were going to remain....I would personally love the Jumpman brand. But Nike would be fine too. They are both far superior products to UnderArmor if you give a damn about the athletes wearing it. UA pays Auburn a lot of money up front, but going to one of those two would more than make up for it in sales.

Please let this happen.

And for the ouldes on the board - no, Russell and Pony aren't options. And ADIDAS stuff is hideous. Bring on Blue Ribbon Sports and let's start playing big boy ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Bye Bye UnderArmor..?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 03:51:19 PM »
Also happy to be moving on from UA.  I'm way out of the loop, apparently: there exists a brand that is not NIKE going by Jumpman?  Like MJ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 03:52:55 PM »
Also happy to be moving on from UA.  I'm way out of the loop, apparently: there exists a brand that is not NIKE going by Jumpman?  Like MJ?

Correct....UNC and UF are the two that have it you are already familiar with it. Jumpman is the official branded logo name but most refer to it overall as Jordan.

Also to add a twist to it is some think Bama may be going to Jordan/Jumpman, which some think also signals Nike for us as they don't think Jumpman would do a deal with both in-state schools.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 03:58:19 PM »
Appears that will probably happen this fall. Auburn cannot officially negotiate with anyone else "formally" until Sept 1st per the current contract. But a few who seem to know a few in the know (say that 5 times backwards) - are saying there is a ton of Jordan and Nike chatter. And much like Allen Greene's tenure and ending went - we probably would have already signed something with UA if they were going to remain....I would personally love the Jumpman brand. But Nike would be fine too. They are both far superior products to UnderArmor if you give a damn about the athletes wearing it. UA pays Auburn a lot of money up front, but going to one of those two would more than make up for it in sales.

Please let this happen.

And for the ouldes on the board - no, Russell and Pony aren't options. And ADIDAS stuff is hideous. Bring on Blue Ribbon Sports and let's start playing big boy ball.

I enjoyed Under Armour while it lasted.  I did read where they didn't offer a lot of essential equipment that bigger brands like Nike do, which is a problem for the student-athlete I am sure. 

My favorite uniform was 2006 season.  The black sock, black cleat combo made us look faster and more intimidating.  Too bad we shit the bed against Arky and UGA that year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 04:24:48 PM »
I enjoyed Under Armour while it lasted.  I did read where they didn't offer a lot of essential equipment that bigger brands like Nike do, which is a problem for the student-athlete I am sure. 

My favorite uniform was 2006 season.  The black sock, black cleat combo made us look faster and more intimidating.  Too bad we shit the bed against Arky and UGA that year.

UA was great at first as a brand. I loved the shirts. They were really the first that did the dritech/anti-cotton thing with heat. It was good, cheap. Then they got big. Got expensive. Quality went to crap. they tried to get into the "serious shoe market" game....Nike and others caught them on technology and went past it as far as dritech/drifit.  But their athletic equipment is now garbage - especially their football and basketball shoes - and they are a sinking ship that will only have Maryland within 4-5 years.

Current Air Jordan programs:

NCAA teams
University of Cincinnati
University of Florida
Georgetown University
University of Houston
Howard University
Marquette University
University of North Carolina
University of Oklahoma
San Diego State University
University of California, Los Angeles
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 04:28:29 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 04:27:49 PM »
UA was great at first as a brand. I loved the shirts. They were really the first that did the dritech/anti-cotton thing with heat. It was good, cheap. Then they got big. Got expensive. Quality went to crap. they tried to get into the "serious shoe market" game....Nike and others caught them on technology and went past it as far as dritech/drifit.  But their athletic equipment is now garbage - especially their football and basketball shoes - and they are a sinking ship that will only have Maryland within 4-5 years.

The cringiest shit in the world is watching our basketball team open up their sneaker boxes every year.  The kids try, but their disappointment/disdain is pretty obvious. Just fucking painful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 04:35:43 PM »
Current UA Schools:

Auburn Tigers (most likely leaving UA after this year)
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
Colorado State Rams
Georgia State Panthers
Kent State Golden Flashes
Maryland Terrapins
Navy Midshipmen
New Mexico State Aggies
Illinois Northwestern Wildcats
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Are leaving UA after this year)
South Carolina Gamecocks
Texas Tech Red Raiders
UAB Blazers
Utah Utes
Wisconsin Badgers

Troy is said to be negotiating a new contract deal with either K-Swiss or Roos worth north of 27,963 dollars. Their previous negotiations with Russell fell through after they demanded entirely too much. Russell was quoted as saying "Its like they think they're f--king Notre Dame or something".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
The Six,
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2023, 04:41:14 PM »
Current UA Schools:

Auburn Tigers (most likely leaving UA after this year)
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
Colorado State Rams
Georgia State Panthers
Kent State Golden Flashes
Maryland Terrapins
Navy Midshipmen
New Mexico State Aggies
Illinois Northwestern Wildcats
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Are leaving UA after this year)
South Carolina Gamecocks
Texas Tech Red Raiders
UAB Blazers
Utah Utes
Wisconsin Badgers

Troy is said to be negotiating a new contract deal with either K-Swiss or Roos worth north of 27,963 dollars. Their previous negotiations with Russell fell through after they demanded entirely too much. Russell was quoted as saying "Its like they think they're f--king Notre Dame or something".

:kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2023, 04:50:30 PM »
I chortled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2023, 05:06:14 PM »
I thought I read the Indiana Catholics were going to Jumpman as well after they bolt from UA. UCLA already kicked that to curb. Glad to see it go the way of the Chiz Shacket.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 05:35:04 PM »
I'm the outlier here. 

I liked Underarmour shirts, hats and pants.  For me.  I still like Underarmour golf shirts.  I've moved on from their too-expensive golf shoes, though. 

Their shoes - other than the Hovr - were bad.  Like hurting me when I worked out bad.  Constant foot problems when I wore exclusively UA out of loyalty to our brand. 

Nike, though?  I guess it's a benefit for me, but I will NEVER wear Nike.  Not under any circumstances.  So I won't have to buy any new stuff. 

I'll be glad when it's announced so I can grab a few UA basketball shooting hoodies I've had on my radar for cheap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023, 05:35:58 PM »
I don’t buy, wear, or wipe my ass with Nike products.
You krapperdunk loving bitches be damned.

UA screwed themselves when they couldn’t produce a decent sports shoe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2023, 05:41:49 PM »
Their shoes - other than the Hovr - were bad.  Like hurting me when I worked out bad.  Constant foot problems when I wore exclusively UA out of loyalty to our brand. 

Daughter's high school was a UA school her first three years, and her first season, the team shoe was the HOVR basketball shoe, and it was pure ass.  My daughter had to get a doctor's note saying that UA shoes caused her the exact same issues you had.  The coach agreed that she could wear a Nike basketball shoe, but she had to use the Nike ID feature (basically design your own shoe color pattern) to hide the swoosh (so black swoosh on a black shoe).  They went Nike this past season (Girls wore Nike, but the Boys got Jumpman uniforms).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2023, 06:20:38 PM »
Despite what GH says, I would rather see Adidas than any version of teh Nikkis.
Give me Spot-Bilt or give me death!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2023, 07:35:12 PM »
Daughter's high school was a UA school her first three years, and her first season, the team shoe was the HOVR basketball shoe, and it was pure ass.  My daughter had to get a doctor's note saying that UA shoes caused her the exact same issues you had.  The coach agreed that she could wear a Nike basketball shoe, but she had to use the Nike ID feature (basically design your own shoe color pattern) to hide the swoosh (so black swoosh on a black shoe).  They went Nike this past season (Girls wore Nike, but the Boys got Jumpman uniforms).

Hovr might be horrible long-term.  When I wore them I only wore them to the gym once a week at most and then swapped into something else when I got home. They just seemed to have better structure than the other UA shoes I was limping through life in.

I'm partial to Brooks now but I'm sick of the gay with them.  I wish there were another option. I haven't had the first foot-related problem since I switched to Brooks three years ago.  Last year they released three different gay-themed special editions, but didn't put out the Fourth of July RunUSA version they always do.  When I called to ask when/if they were coming out, they cited "supply chain issues" and said there wouldn't be any that year.  I guess the gay shoes had no such problems. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2023, 08:38:33 PM »
Hovr might be horrible long-term.  When I wore them I only wore them to the gym once a week at most and then swapped into something else when I got home. They just seemed to have better structure than the other UA shoes I was limping through life in.

I'm partial to Brooks now but I'm sick of the gay with them.  I wish there were another option. I haven't had the first foot-related problem since I switched to Brooks three years ago.  Last year they released three different gay-themed special editions, but didn't put out the Fourth of July RunUSA version they always do.  When I called to ask when/if they were coming out, they cited "supply chain issues" and said there wouldn't be any that year.  I guess the gay shoes had no such problems.

They’ve all gotten in on these social issues. Adidas May be the worst. So if we go that route, we wouldn’t have anything to choose from. I don’t like it either. But the social shit and politics aside, just want our players in good stuff. They haven’t had that in a while. Especially the footwear. When you notice it on tv, it’s bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2023, 08:26:01 AM »

You should try a pair of Hokas sometime. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2023, 09:01:42 AM »

This is all my Father-in-Law wears. Helped him get significant relief with his plantar fasciitis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2023, 09:58:30 AM »
This is all my Father-in-Law wears. Helped him get significant relief with his plantar fasciitis.
Exactly why I wear them.  That and the fact that they feel like space shoes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2023, 10:02:15 AM »

I am a shoe horse.  Ashamed to admit it but I have about 70 pair of shoes now.  Mostly athletic shoes. 

I’ve got two pair of Hoka.  Don’t hate them. They are just too soft for me to wear all the time.  Like walking on marshmallows. 

When I played ball I wore saucony, pony, and converse. I tried Nike for a when I started playing softball. They were terrible.

After their social justice forays? I won’t wear anything Nike ever again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions