Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How Far Do We Have To Go?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
How Far Do We Have To Go?
« on: June 14, 2023, 10:30:21 AM »
I’ve always been into the preseason rags.  I keep a couple in my “library”, so I can read about Smart, while I drop a Saban.  They’re hitting the stands now, and I picked up a Lindy’s the other day.

Very telling about how the college football world views the state of our beloved program.  Now granted, since U Free has been so active in the port hole, even very recently, there’s probably 8-10 players who weren’t signed when it went to publication.  But, I don’t think all the Group of 5 players we’ve signed would have changed things very much.

Obviously, all these mags have their rankings, from preseason team rankings, to individuals, to units.  Lindy’s team rankings don’t have us in the top 25….or top 30….or top 40.  They have us at #42.  Then , they list the top 25 QB’s, top 25 RB’s etc.  They do it for every position, on both offense and defense.  Jar-Kwez Hunter is their #17 RB.  There are no Auburn players on any of the other lists.  Last, they rank the units.  Who has the best D-line?  O-line? They do top 10 for each one.  The University of Auburns doesn’t appear in any of them.

For me, I think we’ll be better than people think. Yes, I’m optimistic while wearing these orange and blue Maui Jim’s.  How much better?  Who knows?  But I get why there’s very little love coming our way.  Why would we get any, after the last couple of Gus years, and the Bryman Hairpin debacle?  I hope we as fans, will be patient with the Freeze Meister.  All indications are he’s getting the players we need on campus, but it still may take a good while to get us competing for championships again. At least the college football world outside of Auburn thinks so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: How Far Do We Have To Go?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 11:55:24 AM »
I’m not saying that it means anything but low expectations are exactly what AU has reacted well to, in the past.

I imagine that most of us agree that we have taken a huge leap forward with talent but making it translate into wins is a big test.

I plan to do a more extensive analysis of our preseason roster changes and how it will impact the season, soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 12:02:24 PM »
Locked on Auburn interview with Peyton Thorne this am was my first time hearing him. I’m very impressed with the young man. He said the right things to make one think he’s a good leader and a real team guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 12:29:28 PM »
Locked on Auburn interview with Peyton Thorne this am was my first time hearing him. I’m very impressed with the young man. He said the right things to make one think he’s a good leader and a real team guy.

He impressed me, too. Well spoken, and if there were any nerves, he hid them very well.  He is going to be the "cool as a cucumber" type, no matter the odds that the offense is up against.  I am just ready for opposing teams to worry about us again, instead of chalking us up as an easy win like they've been able to do the last couple of years.  This guy seems to be a good fit to make that happen sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 12:43:13 PM by Snakebite »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 02:13:23 PM »
He impressed me, too. Well spoken, and if there were any nerves, he hid them very well.  He is going to be the "cool as a cucumber" type, no matter the odds that the offense is up against.  I am just ready for opposing teams to worry about us again, instead of chalking us up as an easy win like they've been able to do the last couple of years.  This guy seems to be a good fit to make that happen sooner rather than later.

So, you want us to be a THORNE in the other team's side?

OMG, my quick wit knows no bounds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 02:38:49 PM »
It gets so old with the same lame ass attempts at humor, around here.

I know some others are jealous at how popular my posts are but I can’t help being popular. People find me engaging. I am a people person.

When I get approved for the VIP section, I am staying there, exclusively. GF mentioned that my posts were off the charts before he passed and said something about me setting a bar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 08:57:40 AM »
It gets so old with the same lame ass attempts at humor, around here.

I know some others are jealous at how popular my posts are but I can’t help being popular. People find me engaging. I am a people person.

When I get approved for the VIP section, I am staying there, exclusively. GF mentioned that my posts were off the charts before he passed and said something about me setting a bar.

You misunderstood. He was saying stop sitting at the bar and go hit the treadmill!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 02:29:36 PM »
So, you want us to be a THORNE in the other team's side?

OMG, my quick wit knows no bounds.

You have some AUdacity, sir.  Must have something to prove.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2023, 03:57:43 PM »
You misunderstood. He was saying stop sitting at the bar and go hit the treadmill!
The main point is that he said bar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 04:34:23 PM »
instead of chalking us up as an easy win like they've been able to do the last couple of years. 

One more year of Harskin we would have been schedule for homecoming 9 or 10 times.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2023, 05:54:53 PM »
One more year of Harskin we would have been schedule for homecoming 9 or 10 times.  :facepalm:

Very keen and accurate observation, sir.

Did I do it right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2023, 07:20:22 PM »
Very keen and accurate observation, sir.

Did I do it right?

So keen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE