Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Great Night At The Chop House

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Great Night At The Chop House
« on: June 09, 2023, 11:02:28 AM »
Putting this here because I can.  And because only 3 people check the baseball forum.

Last night was one of the best nights of Braves baseball I can remember.  Going for a game 3 sweep of the hated Mets.  It was expected to be a 3-2 type game with Spenser Strider and Justin Verlander on the bump.  Not so fast. 

Both teams were crushing it all night.  Braves were down 10-9 in the bottom of the 9th, when Orlando Arcia, who took over at SS for some guy named Danvy, or Dansley, or Damby....somebody, stroked one into the left field bleachers to send it into extras.  Bottom of the 10th, and Ozzie Albies launched one to the Chop House for a walk off, 3-run homer. 

But the best part of the night, was that the booth was manned by 3 Braves legends, along with Jeff Francouer.  Chipper Jones, John Smoltz and Tom Glavine handled the broadcast, and it was a full night of trading stories and memories.  There was no play by play calls, just Hall of Famers talking baseball.  They each traded innings where one of them would have to come up with a home run call, which was great, because there were a lot of em' hit.

Good night in the ATL

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Great Night At The Chop House
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 11:49:42 AM »
Putting this here because I can.  And because only 3 people check the baseball forum.

Last night was one of the best nights of Braves baseball I can remember.  Going for a game 3 sweep of the hated Mets.  It was expected to be a 3-2 type game with Spenser Strider and Justin Verlander on the bump.  Not so fast. 

Both teams were crushing it all night.  Braves were down 10-9 in the bottom of the 9th, when Orlando Arcia, who took over at SS for some guy named Danvy, or Dansley, or Damby....somebody, stroked one into the left field bleachers to send it into extras.  Bottom of the 10th, and Ozzie Albies launched one to the Chop House for a walk off, 3-run homer. 

But the best part of the night, was that the booth was manned by 3 Braves legends, along with Jeff Francouer.  Chipper Jones, John Smoltz and Tom Glavine handled the broadcast, and it was a full night of trading stories and memories.  There was no play by play calls, just Hall of Famers talking baseball.  They each traded innings where one of them would have to come up with a home run call, which was great, because there were a lot of em' hit.

Good night in the ATL

From someone who was once obsessed with all things baseball, I am trying to get back into it at my own pace as a fan.  Baseball was my life for a long time, so there was some severe burn out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 12:10:56 PM »
From someone who was once obsessed with all things baseball, I am trying to get back into it at my own pace as a fan.  Baseball was my life for a long time, so there was some severe burn out.

How far did you go?

I think most people are loving the new rules in MLB this year.  The games are much quicker. There's no stepping out of the box to adjust your gloves, grab your crotch, spit 12 times and dig out a hole for your back foot before stepping back in for the next pitch.  The pitch clock means you better be ready to go.  There's more stealing, and I've actually witnessed a few sacrifice bunts this season.  Amazing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 12:29:23 PM »
How far did you go?

I think most people are loving the new rules in MLB this year.  The games are much quicker. There's no stepping out of the box to adjust your gloves, grab your crotch, spit 12 times and dig out a hole for your back foot before stepping back in for the next pitch.  The pitch clock means you better be ready to go.  There's more stealing, and I've actually witnessed a few sacrifice bunts this season.  Amazing.

You mean to tell me that folks are playing strategic, fundamental baseball now instead of trying to outlast each other and lulling everyone to sleep?

I made it to 10th grade, and was actually pretty decent.  Could have probably played at a smaller college and gotten a free education that way.  Dumbassery took over and I got into some pretty severe trouble. Ironically, with a former AU baseball player that was once a good friend (Creede Simpson) and my parents gave me 1 of 2 options:

1. To finish out at a reform school.
2. To finish out homeschooled. 

I chose the latter.  Happy with how I turned out.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 01:02:58 PM »
How far did you go?

Some of the pitchers hate the pitch clock. But all of us fans hated their bullshitting at both the mound and the plate. It wouldn’t have been needed if they had played the game like normal players. I love the new rules.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023, 02:18:37 PM »
You mean to tell me that folks are playing strategic, fundamental baseball now instead of trying to outlast each other and lulling everyone to sleep?

I made it to 10th grade, and was actually pretty decent.  Could have probably played at a smaller college and gotten a free education that way.  Dumbassery took over and I got into some pretty severe trouble. Ironically, with a former AU baseball player that was once a good friend (Creede Simpson) and my parents gave me 1 of 2 options:

1. To finish out at a reform school.
2. To finish out homeschooled. 

I chose the latter.  Happy with how I turned out.

I liked a few of his songs.  My Own Prison and My Sacrifice are decent.

Where did you go to teh high schools?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 02:20:25 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2023, 02:28:25 PM »
I liked a few of his songs.  My Own Prison and My Sacrifice are decent.

Where did you go to teh high schools?

Any list without Higher is not a list worth reading. Auburn city schools until I didn’t.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2023, 02:33:36 PM »
Any list without Higher is not a list worth reading. Auburn city schools until I didn’t.

I played at Jeff Davis, or whatever it's going to be called now.  Invited walk on at Auburn.  Then, I was invited to walk off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2023, 03:01:28 PM »
I played at Jeff Davis, or whatever it's going to be called now.  Invited walk on at Auburn.  Then, I was invited to walk off.

What position did you play?  WT told me that you were a pretty well known catcher, but I don't think that was baseball related.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2023, 03:27:15 PM »
What position did you play?  WT told me that you were a pretty well known catcher, but I don't think that was baseball related.

Only if I've been drinking heavily.  Ironically, I was a pitcher.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2023, 04:16:26 PM »
Only if I've been drinking heavily.  Ironically, I was a pitcher.

I pitched and played the hot corner.  In hindsight, and in true Uncle Rico form, I wish I would have spent more time and energy on football. Wasn't blessed with much, but always had a rocket arm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2023, 04:37:52 PM »
I pitched and played the hot corner.  In hindsight, and in true Uncle Rico form, I wish I would have spent more time and energy on football. Wasn't blessed with much, but always had a rocket arm.

I wasn't blessed with much either. Oh.....we were talking about baseball.

Semi-funny story that I've bored people with before.  I was in Montgomery a few months back, and was headed to my sister's place, which is right by Huntingdon College's football field.  We passed the baseball field, and I told the wife that brought back some great, and not so great memories.  We played most of our home games at Huntingdon and Paterson Field.

Told her I was pitching against our biggest rival, Lee High School.  Guy hits a one hopper right back to me.  Had time to order a pizza, call my girlfriend, go drop a Saban.  I calmly turned, and threw the ball.....right down the right field line.

Coach Charles Lee calls time just after the runner got to 3rd.  He strolls ever so slowly out to the mound. All the infielders are there by now.  He gets to the mound, looks up at me, tips his hat back and says, "SHIT Hamner.  Just shit!!!"  Then he turns and walks back to the dugout.  My catcher started laughing and said, "That should about cover it." It did.

When I get to my sister's house, look at the scoreboard, and damn'd if it's not called Charles Lee Field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2023, 04:49:36 PM »
Ain’t neither one of you ever met no Martin Luther the King.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2023, 04:53:47 PM »

I did too meet Martin Luther King
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2023, 04:58:26 PM »

Had a LT. Colonel in Bagram named Luther King.  Surprisingly, he was black.  He did not like the white boy from Alabama too much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2023, 05:07:21 PM »
I wasn't blessed with much either. Oh.....we were talking about baseball.

Semi-funny story that I've bored people with before.  I was in Montgomery a few months back, and was headed to my sister's place, which is right by Huntingdon College's football field.  We passed the baseball field, and I told the wife that brought back some great, and not so great memories.  We played most of our home games at Huntingdon and Paterson Field.

Told her I was pitching against our biggest rival, Lee High School.  Guy hits a one hopper right back to me.  Had time to order a pizza, call my girlfriend, go drop a Saban.  I calmly turned, and threw the ball.....right down the right field line.

Coach Charles Lee calls time just after the runner got to 3rd.  He strolls ever so slowly out to the mound. All the infielders are there by now.  He gets to the mound, looks up at me, tips his hat back and says, "SHIT Hamner.  Just shit!!!"  Then he turns and walks back to the dugout.  My catcher started laughing and said, "That should about cover it." It did.

When I get to my sister's house, look at the scoreboard, and damn'd if it's not called Charles Lee Field.

Did the man coach tennis also!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2023, 05:10:13 PM »
Did the man coach tennis also!

Can't recall.  He damn sure coached everything else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 05:55:35 PM »
Can't recall.  He damn sure coached everything else.

have you seen a grown man naked? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2023, 11:53:21 PM »
have you seen a grown man naked?

Joey….do you like movies about gladiators?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2023, 08:22:42 AM »
Who is this hamner fag y’all keep mentioning?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE