Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Great Night At The Chop House

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Great Night At The Chop House
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2023, 09:42:02 AM »
Putting this here because I can.  And because only 3 people check the baseball forum.

Last night was one of the best nights of Braves baseball I can remember.  Going for a game 3 sweep of the hated Mets.  It was expected to be a 3-2 type game with Spenser Strider and Justin Verlander on the bump.  Not so fast. 

Both teams were crushing it all night.  Braves were down 10-9 in the bottom of the 9th, when Orlando Arcia, who took over at SS for some guy named Danvy, or Dansley, or Damby....somebody, stroked one into the left field bleachers to send it into extras.  Bottom of the 10th, and Ozzie Albies launched one to the Chop House for a walk off, 3-run homer. 

But the best part of the night, was that the booth was manned by 3 Braves legends, along with Jeff Francouer.  Chipper Jones, John Smoltz and Tom Glavine handled the broadcast, and it was a full night of trading stories and memories.  There was no play by play calls, just Hall of Famers talking baseball.  They each traded innings where one of them would have to come up with a home run call, which was great, because there were a lot of em' hit.

Good night in the ATL

Why wasn’t chipper playing?  Is he hurt?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Great Night At The Chop House
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2023, 10:27:23 AM »
Is Mariano Rivera still pitching?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg