Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The New & Improved MLB Thread For 2023

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The New & Improved MLB Thread For 2023
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2023, 01:55:37 PM »
Cubs outfielder made the play of the year to rob the cards. Good game, Buzzy!

Play of the year more because of the timing.  Great catch, no doubt.  But to end the game? Pretty cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2023, 08:09:33 AM »
What is this hope thing in August?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2023, 08:41:23 AM »
Cubs are sucking it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2023, 08:55:52 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2023, 09:11:46 AM »

I know we have AU love for Rossy but what you thinking on a timeline before getting his walking papers? Id like for him to get it turned around but...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2023, 10:34:22 AM »
I know we have AU love for Rossy but what you thinking on a timeline before getting his walking papers? Id like for him to get it turned around but...
No playoffs this season, he may get canned.  Otherwise, maybe another year or 2.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2023, 11:32:46 AM »
Braves didn't do a lot.  They gave up a few lightly regarded prospects for some bullpen help, and a utility infielder.  I was thinking they may try and get a starter, but they seem to think Max Fried and Kyle Wright should be good to go soon.  We've been without them for pretty much the entire season, and have been plugging in multiple guys from Triple A as a 4th starter.  It's worked out so far, but I don't want to rely on that in the playoffs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2023, 01:33:56 PM »
No playoffs this season, he may get canned.  Otherwise, maybe another year or 2.

I can see that. I will say Im a bit surprised the Cubs finally made the .500 mark. There is a chance...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2023, 01:34:18 PM »
Braves didn't do a lot.  They gave up a few lightly regarded prospects for some bullpen help, and a utility infielder.  I was thinking they may try and get a starter, but they seem to think Max Fried and Kyle Wright should be good to go soon.  We've been without them for pretty much the entire season, and have been plugging in multiple guys from Triple A as a 4th starter.  It's worked out so far, but I don't want to rely on that in the playoffs.

Who cares. Braves suck...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2023, 02:13:47 PM »
I can see that. I will say Im a bit surprised the Cubs finally made the .500 mark. There is a chance...
Dammit man...now it's ruined.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2023, 03:06:26 PM »
Who cares. Braves suck...

I know I am, but what are you?

Nyaaaaa....

Braves open a can of 12-5 whoop ass on Show-Hay Oh-Tah-Knee and the Angels, to take the series in a Wednesday matinee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2023, 10:28:47 AM »
Still shocked we have a firesale and the baseball version of Harsin still has a job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2023, 11:26:17 AM »
Break up the Cubbies.  36 runs in the last two games.  Heard it was a record for them, dating back to like 1890 or something, when they weren't even the Cubs. And, oh joy, we start a 3 game set tomorrow night in Wrigley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2023, 01:49:17 PM »
Dammit man...now it's ruined.

I only spit to the right...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2023, 09:04:23 AM »
Break up the Cubbies.  36 runs in the last two games.  Heard it was a record for them, dating back to like 1890 or something, when they weren't even the Cubs. And, oh joy, we start a 3 game set tomorrow night in Wrigley.
Which I'm sure y'all will sweep
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2023, 04:34:57 PM »
Good start to the series.  The best thing is Max Fried going 6 and giving up no earned runs in his first start since way back.

I didn't realize they were playing a matinee until I saw something pop up on my phone. I was looking forward to watching it tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2023, 09:05:59 AM »
Good start to the series.  The best thing is Max Fried going 6 and giving up no earned runs in his first start since way back.

I didn't realize they were playing a matinee until I saw something pop up on my phone. I was looking forward to watching it tonight.
Much better ending to teh series.  Cubs are a game closer to the division lead than they are to the second wildcard spot.  Not sure how to feel about that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2023, 09:23:49 AM »
Becoming more apparent that pitching, especially innings 7-9 are the bugaboo for teams that can score yet can't hold a lead including Cincinnati and Philadelphia.
And since the break even the Mariners and the Cubs can score more consistently than both the AL and NL Central teams along with the Dbacks and Angels.

The Dodger's and Astro's were always going to get there although it's nice to see the score challenged Giants and run happy Rangers give 'em hell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2023, 09:30:18 AM »
Much better ending to teh series.  Cubs are a game closer to the division lead than they are to the second wildcard spot.  Not sure how to feel about that...
Your Cubbies are playing great ball. Either way I want them to make it to the playoffs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2023, 09:40:06 AM »
Know Smyly has become more of an afterthought in the minds of Cub brethren but the guy can really eat innings and generally keep them in a game, something Charlie Morton is now functioning as with the Braves.
Tonight the Met's have Senga going. When he's got that filthy slider working he's virtually unhittable and yet the series can still be taken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions