Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A-Day

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: A-Day
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2023, 03:04:49 PM »
The difference is Nick Marshall never played with hesitancy. He went for it, good, bad, whatever.

RobbEEEEEEE! (TM The War Rapport) plays like he's scared to see his shadow stepped on by the defense.

Can you teach balls? Because that's what he needs more than anything.

I'm not a Robbie fan, so far.  He may convince me at some point, but right now, he's just fast.

In his defense, though, he was thrown into a horrible situation, running scared behind a makeshift band of misfits for an O-line. When Caddy took over, and went back to a more traditional, smash mouth type style, RA looked a lot more comfortable, and decisive, rushing for over 100 twice in the last 4 games.

It may all be a moo point, though.  I love steak.  U Free said he wanted to sling it around Saturday.  Obviously, the weather nixed that idea.  Probably just to see how the passing game has progressed.  But, I don't think we'll ever see a 2013 type RPO again.  Not to that extent.

Did anyone hear U make a couple of in game comments about Tee Jay.  He took off one time, and Free said, "That's not his game".  Another time Finley ran it, you could tell U was not happy from the standpoint of saying, "He didn't need to leave the pocket.  There was no need to take off."   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2023, 03:09:27 PM »
mute
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2023, 03:48:38 PM »
I'm not a Robbie fan, so far.  He may convince me at some point, but right now, he's just fast.

In his defense, though, he was thrown into a horrible situation, running scared behind a makeshift band of misfits for an O-line. When Caddy took over, and went back to a more traditional, smash mouth type style, RA looked a lot more comfortable, and decisive, rushing for over 100 twice in the last 4 games.

It may all be a moo point, though.  I love steak.  U Free said he wanted to sling it around Saturday.  Obviously, the weather nixed that idea.  Probably just to see how the passing game has progressed.  But, I don't think we'll ever see a 2013 type RPO again.  Not to that extent.

Did anyone hear U make a couple of in game comments about Tee Jay.  He took off one time, and Free said, "That's not his game".  Another time Finley ran it, you could tell U was not happy from the standpoint of saying, "He didn't need to leave the pocket.  There was no need to take off."   

You spelled Ashford’s first name wrong.

This is the kind of bullshit I’m referring to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2023, 04:03:10 PM »
The difference is Nick Marshall never played with hesitancy. He went for it, good, bad, whatever.

RobbEEEEEEE! (TM The War Rapport) plays like he's scared to see his shadow stepped on by the defense.

Can you teach balls? Because that's what he needs more than anything.

I don’t think it’s a “balls” thing. RA is fast, but he is nowhere near as quick as NM. If NM saw a DE hesitate at all, he took off. He did that because he knew very few players could outquick him. RA will get caught, a lot, in the option keep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2023, 04:12:30 PM »
I don’t think it’s a “balls” thing. RA is fast, but he is nowhere near as quick as NM. If NM saw a DE hesitate at all, he took off. He did that because he knew very few players could outquick him. RA will get caught, a lot, in the option keep.
NM also had the option to hand it off up the middle to a back that could either run a water buffalo over or catch a squirrel and the DEs knew that, so all he needed was that twitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2023, 04:20:04 PM »

NM was also a magician selling the fake at the mesh point with Tre Mason.  It wasn't as smooth with CAP the following season.

In '13, no camera man, defense, or viewer could keep up with who had the damn ball until we were 15 yards down field a lot of the time.

I was in Kyrgyzstan (in-transit back from a 7 monther in Afghani-land) for the Washington State game, watching us go back and forth against a pretty wide open Mike Leach (RIP) offense.  Based off that game, I knew it was going to be a fun season to watch.  Even so, it still exceeded any expectations we could have had coming off that 3-9 season.  I don't think we will catch lightning in a bottle like that again, but am as excited as I have ever been to watch Auburn football with the momentum they've built in 1 off-season with Caddy as the catalyst.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2023, 04:26:32 PM »
NM also had the option to hand it off up the middle to a back that could either run a water buffalo over or catch a squirrel and the DEs knew that, so all he needed was that twitch.

Is "water buffalo" code for AJ McCarron's mom?  Pretty sure TM put a hurtin' on that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2023, 05:08:52 PM »
mute

It's moo bro....like a cow's opinion. It doesn't mean anything. Ya know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2023, 05:36:11 PM »
Can you teach balls?

Of all the people on the board, why are you asking him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2023, 07:22:24 PM »
I poke fun at Snag’s and I’m sure that I take it too far, sometimes. And for that, I apologize. I don’t mean it to be mean spirited.

To your question, we joke about that a lot. I know that in actuality Snag’s knows a lot about balls, resting on his chin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2023, 07:54:57 AM »
Yeah option QBs are often in the clenches and take hard contact. That's not for Ashford. Still hoping for a capable #2 out of the portal.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2023, 10:27:06 AM »
Just a little comparison/contrast.  I don't know why, other than I was curious, and bi.

Malik Willis had 141 rushing attempts in 10 games in 2020 Liberty.  His second year, he rushed it 197 times in 13 games.

Nick Marshall ran it 172 times in 2013, and 153 times in 2014.

I put Marshall out there to kind of give an idea of how much we may see our QB running.  If Liberty had played the full 13 games in the Covid year, Willis would project to run it 183 times.  I think it's safe to say that if U Free has an athletic QB, he's going to be toting the rock quite a bit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2023, 12:15:42 PM »
Just a little comparison/contrast.  I don't know why, other than I was curious, and bi.

Malik Willis had 141 rushing attempts in 10 games in 2020 Liberty.  His second year, he rushed it 197 times in 13 games.

Nick Marshall ran it 172 times in 2013, and 153 times in 2014.

I put Marshall out there to kind of give an idea of how much we may see our QB running.  If Liberty had played the full 13 games in the Covid year, Willis would project to run it 183 times.  I think it's safe to say that if U Free has an athletic QB, he's going to be toting the rock quite a bit.

A read-up on Ashford from John Garcia.

"EVALUATED 11/02/2018
JohnGarciaJr
John Garcia Jr.
PROJECTION
4-7 Round
DAY 3
COMPARISON
Joey Gatewood
UCF KNIGHTS
Long, muscular athlete with room to grow. Powerful arm with smooth three-quarter delivery. Strength to all three levels as well as outside the numbers. Ability to play off platform effectively with multiple arm angles. Comfortable throwing in traffic or on the run. Effective runner with good instincts and verified long speed. Above average improvisational skill. Flashes touch down the field with accuracy. Can work RPO game effectively with quick trigger. Decisive as passer and runner. Intelligent prospect with grit. Competitor. Relies on plus athleticism at times and bails on structured pocket on occasion. Trusts arm in tight spots, creating high risk-high reward scenarios. One-year varsity starter (2018) with good production in highest classification in Alabama. Potential pro baseball prospect with plans to play both sports in college. Should build into true dual-threat as Power Five starter over time with solid pro potential should his focus eventually fully shift to football. Should develop into a middle-to-late round NFL draft choice.

Athletic Background
Robby Ashford is a Quarterback from Hoover, AL."

https://247sports.com/player/robby-ashford-46043143/

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2023, 03:40:34 PM »

Call him the Chris Weinke of the X.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2023, 04:20:31 PM »
If the weather had not been bad I was gonna make it.  Will be playing Grand National May 5th
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2023, 08:32:01 AM »
If the weather had not been bad I was gonna make it.  Will be playing Grand National May 5th

They didn’t outprice the common man? Very keen
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2023, 04:10:44 PM »
A-day is over.

Mods. Lock this thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Snakebite,
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2023, 09:46:04 AM »
A-day is over.

Mods. Lock this thread.

You'll get nothing and like it, Spaulding!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2023, 10:21:07 AM »
You'll get nothing and like it, Spaulding!
\
Your warning meter has just been increased Mister!
You want to push it for a suspension!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2023, 01:12:40 PM »
\
Your warning meter has just been increased Mister!
You want to push it for a suspension!

He keeps it up, and we will be forced to send a knife salesperson to his home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions