Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Watcher

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The Watcher
« on: January 29, 2023, 09:33:41 AM »
The Watcher

Weird series. Supposedly based on a true story with some minor modifications. 

Couple moves into house they can't afford, in an idyllic New Jersey suburb and then everything goes wrong-ish.  Weird neighbors, tunnels into the house, strange, threatening letters sent to the owners, a murderous that may or may not be true, bizarre occurrences.

Couple of problems. 

First: I know they (Hollywood) want to keep giving Jennifer Coolidge work but they need to stop. She's absolutely AWFUL. She looks like a giant wad of chewed bubblegum and is a worse actress. "Lazy, slobby whore" is about all she can do. And she's too lazy to do that. What's really sad is I know a painted up, slobby, booze-addled real estate agent whore whose face looks like it's melting, appears to be in her early 70s, is in her 50s and tries to dress like she's 25. That's who Coolidge's bloated carcass reminds me of.  I bet she smells like piss dribbles.

Second: The rest of the cast is pretty pedestrian.  Bobby Canavale is B-list. He struggles to evoke any realistic emotion. Naomi Watts looks horrible - not attractive AT ALL.  The Flashdance dude is B-level too. And there's an absolutely ATROCIOUS age-shifting CGI with him late in the series that's shameful.

I'm not done with it.  There are so many twists and turns and red herrings the whole exercise becomes tedious. It's too clever for its own good, honestly. Knowing that there's no resolution when this ends (true story, remember) makes me regret starting it. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

Re: The Watcher
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 10:31:57 PM »
The Watcher

Weird series. Supposedly based on a true story with some minor modifications. 

Couple moves into house they can't afford, in an idyllic New Jersey suburb and then everything goes wrong-ish.  Weird neighbors, tunnels into the house, strange, threatening letters sent to the owners, a murderous that may or may not be true, bizarre occurrences.

Couple of problems. 

First: I know they (Hollywood) want to keep giving Jennifer Coolidge work but they need to stop. She's absolutely AWFUL. She looks like a giant wad of chewed bubblegum and is a worse actress. "Lazy, slobby whore" is about all she can do. And she's too lazy to do that. What's really sad is I know a painted up, slobby, booze-addled real estate agent whore whose face looks like it's melting, appears to be in her early 70s, is in her 50s and tries to dress like she's 25. That's who Coolidge's bloated carcass reminds me of.  I bet she smells like piss dribbles.

Second: The rest of the cast is pretty pedestrian.  Bobby Canavale is B-list. He struggles to evoke any realistic emotion. Naomi Watts looks horrible - not attractive AT ALL.  The Flashdance dude is B-level too. And there's an absolutely ATROCIOUS age-shifting CGI with him late in the series that's shameful.

I'm not done with it.  There are so many twists and turns and red herrings the whole exercise becomes tedious. It's too clever for its own good, honestly. Knowing that there's no resolution when this ends (true story, remember) makes me regret starting it.
Watched it and can scantly recall the ending. Have much the same opinion of Coolidge in most anything she's cast and was sick of the Canavale character right after his first exchange with the neighbors. What a waste.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 06:35:34 AM »
Watched it and can scantly recall the ending. Have much the same opinion of Coolidge in most anything she's cast and was sick of the Canavale character right after his first exchange with the neighbors. What a waste.

So it was YOU!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 09:19:22 AM »
So it was YOU!
Oh no. I ran into a number of hangups trying to fake my own death.

I watched the four part Moffat series "Inside Man" and found it entertaining mostly because of the Tucci character. And Tennant cimes off very well as a fucking vicar.

"All Quiet on the Western Front" is worth the watch IMO.

"Narvik" waayy overrated. "Max Manus... (TUBI) was much better. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 08:39:07 AM »
Abort mission. Now. Not worth it. There is no end. No finale. It just stops. It sucks. Waste of time. Seriously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 02:38:40 PM »
Abort mission. Now. Not worth it. There is no end. No finale. It just stops. It sucks. Waste of time. Seriously.

I’m out.  Dead people show up and there’s zero interest in or concern over who or what was on the stretcher?  Bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions