Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Just Had To

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Just Had To
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2023, 10:15:10 AM »
The biggest sports news has obviously been the Buffalo Bills' player going into cardiac arrest last night. I didn't see it live.  I normally would have been watching a game that big, but I was totally footballed out after the holidays.  Bad stuff, and had that Hank Gathers feel to it, if anyone remembers the Loyola Marymount player dying on the court.

The medical folks jumped into action, and by all accounts, did everything anyone could possibly do to save this guy's life. It looked like everything was handled the right way, from his treatment, to canceling the game.  But, in the back of my mind, I knew somebody would find some shit to gripe about.  Something, or someone to point a finger at. And right on cue...

The big "controversy", is that the announcers were saying the NFL stated the players would be given 5 minutes to warm up before resuming the game. The NFL is saying they never said that.  I can't think of more trivial shit to blow out of proportion, but it's in the news and on all the talk shows. 

Who cares?  So what if it was said?  If someone with the NFL did say it, maybe they initially didn't know the severity of the situation.  Maybe that's standard protocol after a long injury delay.  Who gives a flying fuckity fuck? But there's got to ne a bad guy in every situation.  Something to bitch about.

I would find it much more interesting if the debate was over vaccinated/unvaccinated. I'm thinking Jerry Springer level here...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Vladimir,WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2023, 10:39:00 AM »
I would find it much more interesting if the debate was over vaccinated/unvaccinated. I'm thinking Jerry Springer level here...

Jeebus save us from every MAGA idiot jumping at VAXXXXXXXXXX shadows for the rest of fucking eternity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Vladimir,
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2023, 10:44:48 AM »

The MSM is already out in full force, piling buzzword on top of buzzword in relation to this incident.

"misinformation"
"disinformation"
"debunked"
"conspiracy theories"
"unfounded"
"without evidence"
"lies"
"deceptive"
"misleading"

When they're trying that hard, all it tells me is there's the possibility of a connection.  When you see something that hasn't happened one single time in the history of the NFL -- not even when protective gear was much less effective than it is now -- and the only thing they are SURE about is it isn't a result of heart problems caused by the "vaccine"? 

Sorry. I'm skeptical. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2023, 10:45:31 AM »
Jeebus save us from every MAGA idiot jumping at VAXXXXXXXXXX shadows for the rest of fucking eternity.

^^

Exactly the response you expect from a sheep with no eyes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,Vladimir,
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2023, 11:40:00 AM »
^^

Just more random deaths happening to the jabbed. Nothing to see here.
I just pray my son was young enough to not succumb to the future ills of that poison that the military forced on him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2023, 11:46:40 AM »

The unraveling of host/anchors/talking heads would be marvelous...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2023, 11:54:13 AM »
The MSM is already out in full force, piling buzzword on top of buzzword in relation to this incident.

"misinformation"
"disinformation"
"debunked"
"conspiracy theories"
"unfounded"
"without evidence"
"lies"
"deceptive"
"misleading"

When they're trying that hard, all it tells me is there's the possibility of a connection.  When you see something that hasn't happened one single time in the history of the NFL -- not even when protective gear was much less effective than it is now -- and the only thing they are SURE about is it isn't a result of heart problems caused by the "vaccine"? 

Sorry. I'm skeptical.

This is the place we are at now, most people anyway. Can't trust these folks even with Wiregrass' wood pecker because they're totally sold out to a cause and its all about safe face/credibility at this point. I could only imagine the meltdown across the board if the vaccine were to be determined as the cause in this case. I would maybe watch the news again just to see the meltdown...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2023, 12:05:46 PM »
This is the place we are at now, most people anyway. Can't trust these folks even with Wiregrass' wood pecker because they're totally sold out to a cause and its all about safe face/credibility at this point. I could only imagine the meltdown across the board if the vaccine were to be determined as the cause in this case. I would maybe watch the news again just to see the meltdown...
Look, I realize you’ve “been away” a little while but you should remember that it’s either WiregrassTiger or WT. And capitalization matters.

Don’t come in here disrespecting my name like Token. This will not stand, man.

And I took the clot shots. I’ve since run out of pocket money, so I have been unable to get any of the weekly follow up jabs. Therefore, there is a strong possibility that I may catch a cold.

It that happens, please don’t tell Wes. I do not want him to accuse me of being a super spreader.

Do better, Simp.

Did you get any prison tats?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2023, 12:09:54 PM »
Hey, speaking of jumping. I have something you can jump those dick lickers on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
Vladimir,
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2023, 12:16:14 PM »
Did you get any prison tats?

Yes, but you have to pay to see those. I'll DM you my onlyfans ac...wait, nevermind...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Vladimir,
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2023, 12:40:15 PM »

You and I both know that if it were the case, even if there were irrefutable proof that the vaccine damaged his heart and rendered him susceptible to the suddenly prevalent 'Sudden Adult Death Syndrome', even if someone could literally tie the administration of the vaccine/boosters to changes in his heart function?  That information would never see the light of day. 

Any doctor who stated it would be hounded out of the profession and branded as a fraud.  Some medical 'expert' somewhere would be brought in to obfuscate the situation and propose a hundred different possible scenarios. The media would brand it misinformation.  It would be swept under the rug. 

Look what happened to doctors who TOLD us all that putting people on vents was killing them.  Who told us administering the medicines they were instructed to give was causing death, not preventing it.  Who told us there were better, more effective solutions even as the CDC and the government ridiculed them.  Meanwhile doctors and nurses were fucking dancing on Tik-Tok while patients died of the treatment they provided in the rooms behind them -- and they were celebrated as "heroes."  It's affected all of us.  I bet every single person here knows or knows of someone who was treated as instructed and died.  I know one personally and another tangentially.  Had they been given the options Fauci, Biden and the cabal tried to deny everyone?  I believe both are alive today.  Neither are. 

Since then, the "conspiracy theorists" have been proven right.  Those at the top lie, deny they said what they said, and accuse others of doing what they did. 

I could be wrong, but I truly believe that over time the "conspiracy theorists" will again be proven right.  This was no vaccine.  The changing narrative from "It prevents covid, to it prevents hospitalizations, to it keeps others from getting it, to it lessons the symptoms, to it doesn't prevent it or lessen the symptoms or reduce hospitalizations but it keeps covid from killing you" as they denied every previous statement they made?  That tells me everything I need to know when these SAME LYING ASSHOLES now say "it doesn't cause heart problems or any of these other things" when it's pretty obvious that something is going on. 

Did this guy have that connection? I don't know.  But it's not out of the realm of possibility and that deserves examination. 

Those of us who do question it will continue to be marginalized as "idiotic MAGA Trump supporters" by people who think like Wes (someone I respect and don't hate).  The only thing I know for absolute sure though is that in the long term, wes people who think like him will (once again) be on the wrong side of history. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2023, 01:09:37 PM »
^^

Does this includes brown eye?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2023, 01:13:33 PM »
You and I both know that if it were the case, even if there were irrefutable proof that the vaccine damaged his heart and rendered him susceptible to the suddenly prevalent 'Sudden Adult Death Syndrome', even if someone could literally tie the administration of the vaccine/boosters to changes in his heart function?  That information would never see the light of day. 

Any doctor who stated it would be hounded out of the profession and branded as a fraud.  Some medical 'expert' somewhere would be brought in to obfuscate the situation and propose a hundred different possible scenarios. The media would brand it misinformation.  It would be swept under the rug. 

Look what happened to doctors who TOLD us all that putting people on vents was killing them.  Who told us administering the medicines they were instructed to give was causing death, not preventing it.  Who told us there were better, more effective solutions even as the CDC and the government ridiculed them.  Meanwhile doctors and nurses were fucking dancing on Tik-Tok while patients died of the treatment they provided in the rooms behind them -- and they were celebrated as "heroes."  It's affected all of us.  I bet every single person here knows or knows of someone who was treated as instructed and died.  I know one personally and another tangentially.  Had they been given the options Fauci, Biden and the cabal tried to deny everyone?  I believe both are alive today.  Neither are. 

Since then, the "conspiracy theorists" have been proven right.  Those at the top lie, deny they said what they said, and accuse others of doing what they did. 

I could be wrong, but I truly believe that over time the "conspiracy theorists" will again be proven right.  This was no vaccine.  The changing narrative from "It prevents covid, to it prevents hospitalizations, to it keeps others from getting it, to it lessons the symptoms, to it doesn't prevent it or lessen the symptoms or reduce hospitalizations but it keeps covid from killing you" as they denied every previous statement they made?  That tells me everything I need to know when these SAME LYING ASSHOLES now say "it doesn't cause heart problems or any of these other things" when it's pretty obvious that something is going on. 

Did this guy have that connection? I don't know.  But it's not out of the realm of possibility and that deserves examination. 

Those of us who do question it will continue to be marginalized as "idiotic MAGA Trump supporters" by people who think like Wes (someone I respect and don't hate).  The only thing I know for absolute sure though is that in the long term, wes people who think like him will (once again) be on the wrong side of history.
Apparent MAGA idiot? Why not you just wear your mask and shut up?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2023, 04:20:09 PM »
Copy/Pasta from The National Library of Medicine.  How did we make the jump to vaccines?

Blunt impact to the chest leading to sudden death from cardiac arrest during sports activities
B J Maron 1, L C Poliac, J A Kaplan, F O Mueller
Affiliations expand
PMID: 7609749 DOI: 10.1056/NEJM199508103330602
Free article
Abstract
Background: Sudden death from cardiac arrest in a young person may occur during sports play after a blunt blow to the chest in the absence of structural cardiovascular disease or traumatic injury (cardiac concussion or commotio cordis). We studied the clinical features of this apparently uncommon but important phenomenon.

Methods: We identified cases from the registries of relevant agencies and organizations, as well as newsmedia accounts, and developed a clinical profile of 25 children and young adults, 3 to 19 years of age.

Results: Each victim collapsed with cardiac arrest immediately after an unexpected blow to the chest, which was usually inflicted by a projectile (such as a baseball or hockey puck). Incidents took place during organized competitive sports in 16 cases and in recreational settings at home, at school, or on the playground in 9. In each instance, the impact to the chest was not judged to be extraordinary for the sport involved and did not appear to have sufficient force to cause death. Twelve victims collapsed virtually instantaneously on impact, whereas 13 remained conscious and physically active for a brief time before cardiac arrest. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation was administered within about three minutes to 19 victims, but normal cardiac rhythm could be restored in only 2 (both incurred irreversible brain damage and died shortly thereafter). Seven victims (28 percent) were wearing some form of protective chest padding.

Conclusions: We speculate that most sudden deaths related to impact to the chest (not associated with traumatic injury) are due to ventricular dysrhythmia induced by an abrupt, blunt precordial blow, presumably delivered at an electrically vulnerable phase of ventricular excitability. This profile of blunt chest impact leading to cardiac arrest adds to our understanding of the range of causes of sudden death on the athletic field and may help in the development of preventive measures.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2023, 05:03:57 PM »
Copy/Pasta from The National Library of Medicine.  How did we make the jump to vaccines?

Blunt impact to the chest leading to sudden death from cardiac arrest during sports activities
B J Maron 1, L C Poliac, J A Kaplan, F O Mueller
Affiliations expand
PMID: 7609749 DOI: 10.1056/NEJM199508103330602
Free article
Abstract
Background: Sudden death from cardiac arrest in a young person may occur during sports play after a blunt blow to the chest in the absence of structural cardiovascular disease or traumatic injury (cardiac concussion or commotio cordis). We studied the clinical features of this apparently uncommon but important phenomenon.

Methods: We identified cases from the registries of relevant agencies and organizations, as well as newsmedia accounts, and developed a clinical profile of 25 children and young adults, 3 to 19 years of age.

Results: Each victim collapsed with cardiac arrest immediately after an unexpected blow to the chest, which was usually inflicted by a projectile (such as a baseball or hockey puck). Incidents took place during organized competitive sports in 16 cases and in recreational settings at home, at school, or on the playground in 9. In each instance, the impact to the chest was not judged to be extraordinary for the sport involved and did not appear to have sufficient force to cause death. Twelve victims collapsed virtually instantaneously on impact, whereas 13 remained conscious and physically active for a brief time before cardiac arrest. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation was administered within about three minutes to 19 victims, but normal cardiac rhythm could be restored in only 2 (both incurred irreversible brain damage and died shortly thereafter). Seven victims (28 percent) were wearing some form of protective chest padding.

Conclusions: We speculate that most sudden deaths related to impact to the chest (not associated with traumatic injury) are due to ventricular dysrhythmia induced by an abrupt, blunt precordial blow, presumably delivered at an electrically vulnerable phase of ventricular excitability. This profile of blunt chest impact leading to cardiac arrest adds to our understanding of the range of causes of sudden death on the athletic field and may help in the development of preventive measures.

1. Because it’s exceedingly rare
2. Because it’s not typically a football injury and has never happened in the history of the NFL
3. Because he’s outside the age range and fitness level for the typical victim
4. Because almost before he arrived at the hospital the MSM was in the fray declaring definitively that it was NOT the vaccine
5. Because collapses like this have happened with increasing frequency and there is documented medical evidence that the shot can cause blood clots and heart issues. 

Not saying it is, but ruling it out without any consideration at all raises skepticism. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2023, 05:18:17 PM »
1. Because it’s exceedingly rare
2. Because it’s not typically a football injury and has never happened in the history of the NFL
3. Because he’s outside the age range and fitness level for the typical victim
4. Because almost before he arrived at the hospital the MSM was in the fray declaring definitively that it was NOT the vaccine
5. Because collapses like this have happened with increasing frequency and there is documented medical evidence that the shot can cause blood clots and heart issues. 

Not saying it is, but ruling it out without any consideration at all raises skepticism.

I get that dude and I don't deny there have been complications from the shot with some people....but proof and logic and real science still has to prevail in every individual case. If I saw evidence the vax caused Hamlin's collapse, I would agree. But I do not.

He literally collapsed a second or two after the hit. Slow down the impact and look where Higgins shoulder and helmet are. Hamlin was hit so hard, his helmet looked like it was on Higgins shoulders - it got so far jarred fwd. It was a nasty impact even if it didnt look like it real time.

BTW - this also happened to Chris Pronger in 1998 in the NHL. Almost the exact same timeline.....puck to the chest, acts normal for a second...then collapses. CPR, AED, stabilized. Went on to play another 12 years and is in the HOF. Its also happened in baseball more than people know with line drives.

And yes its rare - as the impact has to hit the chest area at just the right time in the beat cycle - usually the perfect time between beats when the heart is most vulnerable to a physical impact. Hes the only person in recent memory this has happened to at a high level in FB. It has to be just the right impact, just the right spot, just the right amount of force and when the heart is at the right place in the cardiac cycle......

From the quote Snags referenced: " presumably delivered at an electrically vulnerable phase of ventricular excitability"

I think its totally plausible that this was an impact caused collapse and cardiac arrest.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 05:25:25 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2023, 08:53:15 PM »
I get that dude and I don't deny there have been complications from the shot with some people....but proof and logic and real science still has to prevail in every individual case. If I saw evidence the vax caused Hamlin's collapse, I would agree. But I do not.

He literally collapsed a second or two after the hit. Slow down the impact and look where Higgins shoulder and helmet are. Hamlin was hit so hard, his helmet looked like it was on Higgins shoulders - it got so far jarred fwd. It was a nasty impact even if it didnt look like it real time.

BTW - this also happened to Chris Pronger in 1998 in the NHL. Almost the exact same timeline.....puck to the chest, acts normal for a second...then collapses. CPR, AED, stabilized. Went on to play another 12 years and is in the HOF. Its also happened in baseball more than people know with line drives.

And yes its rare - as the impact has to hit the chest area at just the right time in the beat cycle - usually the perfect time between beats when the heart is most vulnerable to a physical impact. Hes the only person in recent memory this has happened to at a high level in FB. It has to be just the right impact, just the right spot, just the right amount of force and when the heart is at the right place in the cardiac cycle......

From the quote Snags referenced: " presumably delivered at an electrically vulnerable phase of ventricular excitability"

I think its totally plausible that this was an impact caused collapse and cardiac arrest.

Yes.

All of this.

And the dumbass antivaxxers were waaaaaay in front of any media reports.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2023, 09:59:04 PM »

I am sincerely curious, and am trying to understand differing points-of-view.

From a policy standpoint, do you feel like any facet of your personal life is better now than it was under the Trump administration?

My values are mostly conservative, but I am willing to concede that the quality of life greatly increased when Obama took over after the Bush administration. I am also of the opinion that the quality of life under the Trump admin. made the Obama years far less memorable than they already were. Jump to present day, and I can’t point to a single metric where life is better than the Trump years, or even the Obama years.

I get not liking Trump as a person, but removing feelings and focusing on results, we probably all had it better than we do now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

chinook

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2023, 10:44:41 PM »
I am sincerely curious, and am trying to understand differing points-of-view.

From a policy standpoint, do you feel like any facet of your personal life is better now than it was under the Trump administration?

My values are mostly conservative, but I am willing to concede that the quality of life greatly increased when Obama took over after the Bush administration.

interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2023, 11:26:18 PM »

Sure it’s plausible. It’s also unlikely.  Improbable. Highly so.  And it’s never happened in the NFL.  There’s a vast difference between getting hit with a ball or a puck traveling at over 100 mph.  The point of impact is small. With shoulder pads the impact is spread out more broadly which lessens the strike. 

Baseball players and hockey (lacrosse, whatever) also don’t typically wear the type of protective gear that football players do.  When I coached softball we had a one-armed pitcher.  AHSAA required her to wear a chest protector to avoid getting hit.  My other pitchers faced the same risk but had to rely on reflexes for protection. 

Proof?  You’ll never get proof of anything if you deny it before you’ve considered it.   

It could be commode corditis - a term no one ever heard of until the media rushed into the breach waving it like a banner and ye sheeple all started bleating it like it was a long-known and widely accepted condition. 

I knew a kid, very healthy. Early 30s. I’m acquaintance of his dad.   Got the second booster against his family’s wishes.  Because he bought the message hook line and sinker.  Dropped dead in the kitchen in front of his kids two weeks later.  DEFINITELY not the shot.  Unless it was.   

I’m not trying to sway anybody’s opinion.  But in my mind? Ruling something out because you don’t want (can’t afford for) it to be true?  That’s not science.  That’s propaganda. 

And further? Branding anyone who doesn’t blindly accept your version of events as “one a them dumbass MAGAs” is the tactic of a fascist. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 11:28:16 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,WiregrassTiger,
No reactions