Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What it was, was hope

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
What it was, was hope
« on: November 13, 2022, 02:35:04 PM »
Bama fans are, of course, out in force mocking us today for “celebrating beating the worst team in the SEC like they done won a world championship.”  Of course they conveniently forget their own hearty celebration when they survived this same team with a stop at their own two in the final minutes, but that’s irrelevant.

What they don’t get is what hope feels like after you’ve stared into the dark abyss and questioned your own soul. That’s how far down the fizzle of the last few years of Gus Malzan and the off-balance oddness of Harsin had driven us.   

Harsin nearly cost us everything.  He didn’t recruit.  He didn’t appeal to fans.  He alienated players, coaches, peers, media and decision makers. His gaudy, trashy, nouveau-rich family (who handled his sudden wealth about as well as a Beverly Hillbilly) were on full and constant display, a plainly visible refute of everything the Auburn Creed claims us to be.  He and the  administration that hired him weren’t just losing football games, they were chipping away at who we are. 

That’s what last night’s celebration was about.  Not beating a moribund football team.  It was about hope… hope that things can change.

Yeah the road back is a long one.  There will be setbacks and victories along the way.  But last night was a small step. 

We know people make steps every day.   We know a bunch of other teams have beaten A&M and didn’t think much of it.  But for us, it was a step. 

When a man who has been paralyzed gets up out of the chair and takes that first step, his family celebrates.  Yeah, billions of other people around the world put one foot in front of the other that same day without thinking about it at all.  But when the man who had been stagnantign in the chair, questioning his future, takes that same small step it opens the door to the possibilities of a different future.  It represents hope.  It deserves to be celebrated. 

So, fuck them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
oldautiger,
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: What it was, was hope
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 03:16:34 PM »
If we just hire Cadillac, all of our dreams will be realized…
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 03:28:28 PM »
If we just hire Cadillac, all of our dreams will be realized…

Don’t go crazy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 04:52:47 PM »
Don’t go crazy

Why do you hate Cadillac!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2022, 08:42:11 AM »
So, fuck them.
He speaks for all of us
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 10:48:30 AM »
You may feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
jmar,
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg