Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Little Nommon Sense

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
A Little Nommon Sense
« on: October 12, 2022, 10:01:43 AM »
 :oh:

Yeah, I know it's everyone's favorite.  But, a lot of this is where I'm at.

Why has Oklahoma crashed and burned in Brent Venables’ first season as a head coach? I don’t know and don’t claim to know. Why is Nebraska a shell of what it once was? I don’t know that either. Why did Texas go into a decade-long tailspin? Got me. I don’t cover those programs. I could speculate, but what good is meaningless speculation?

However, there are those who work for national outlets – ESPN in particular – who seemingly believe that, by working there, they become experts. They are convinced Auburn boosters want to take over the program. Why? They read something somebody wrote or heard somebody say it. They talk about Auburn coaches being mistreated and being quickly fired. All they have to do is compare Auburn to other SEC schools to know that is a bunch of hooey.

The world of clicks and hits and ratings in which we live no longer values truth and research. For too many in too many places, it’s all about seeking attention. As an old newspaper hack, that makes me sad.

* Will Auburn make a move on head coach Bryan Harsin if the Tigers lose at Ole Miss on Saturday? Maybe, but it would be a mistake to assume anything.

* Here is where NIL is headed. The programs with the resources to win at a high level are going to have NIL money, thus reducing its importance on the recruiting trail. If a player can get similar money from schools offering scholarships, recruiting returns to where he feels comfortable, his relationships with coaches and all the things that have always been important to high school players making decisions about their futures.

* Just a thought: Auburn could be heading toward a second consecutive losing season. Based on what I saw last Saturday, LSU could be headed toward its third consecutive non-winning season. Why are the two viewed so differently? If its recruiting rankings, that is silly. Until those 5-stars play like 5-stars, they are nothing more than players with potential.

* Texas A&M was two yards away from winning at Alabama last Saturday, but before getting carried away, it should be pointed out that Alabama rushed for almost 300 yards but had four turnovers and missed two field goal tries.

* Anyone who doesn’t believe “fit” matters for coaches needs only to look at Bret Bielema. He was highly successful at Wisconsin. He moved to Arkansas, had some limited early success and then flamed out. Now he has Illinois in the Top 25.

* There is a reason I have not speculated on who might be Auburn’s next coach. You could talk to trustees or donors or whomever and get an impression that one coach or another is in the mix. But unless you have talked to Chris Roberts or the small (and silent) circle of people with whom he consults, you do not know. I could say this coach is the leading candidate or that coach is in the mix. It would be nothing but a blind guess, which would accomplish nothing but generating talk. Not going to do it. The time will come, but that time is not now.

* I don’t watch a lot of NFL games, but I watch enough to know the roughing the pass penalties are completely out of control. I understand owners want to protect their franchise quarterbacks, but it’s football. Maybe they ought to just put flags on their pants. I’m serious. Make it flag football for quarterbacks behind the line of scrimmage. That would be better than games being changed because quarterbacks are tackled too hard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: A Little Nommon Sense
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 10:19:42 AM »
Never end a sentence in a preposition, you dumb fuck.

Otherwise , TL;DR.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 10:28:26 AM »
All I got out of that is:

Phil doesn't know anything. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 10:33:20 AM »
All I got out of that is:

Phil doesn't know anything.

That's kind of what hes saying....or admitting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 10:59:37 AM »
That's kind of what hes saying....or admitting.

His last two columns (that I've seen) have been like that. 

Are my shoes tied?  I don't know.  I haven't seen my shoes in years.
Am I a woman?  I don't know.  The last time I saw "down there" was when I was in my 20s.  I sit down to pee, but I don't know where it's coming from.
Will Bryan Harsin be fired?  Could be.  Or maybe not.  Or possibly. Who can say? 

He knows nothing. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 11:23:19 AM »

Am I a woman?  I don't know.  The last time I saw "down there" was when I was in my 20s.  I sit down to pee, but I don't know where it's coming from.
Will Bryan Harsin be fired?  Could be.  Or maybe not.  Or possibly. Who can say? 

He knows nothing.

Yep, but more importantly, what he's saying is all the noise coming from talk shows, bloggers, experts, al dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth., espn and any other talking head out there, about who our next coach will be, who is in the top 3, who they're talking to now etc., is coming from people who know exactly nada either.

But eventually, we'll get a new coach.  It may be next week, 3 weeks from now, or after the season.  And when it happens, there will be some blogger typing in his mama's basement, saying see, I told you it was him.

Have y'all heard Tank is leaving for FUGA?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2022, 11:25:15 AM »
I'm about to cut some bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2022, 02:16:24 PM »
I never thought I’d say this but I’m ready for Lane Kiffin to be the HC at AU.

I believe that he has matured and he moves the needle faster than any of the other names, imo.

We are looking at a 2 year rebuild at the very best case scenario.

There is not much chance of us getting enough o linemen in the portal to plug and play. We’ve had multiple years of weak recruiting at that position.

Kiffin understands the importance of recruiting. He has shown that and offensive coaching talent.

He’s my first call but I have zero idea if he’d listen.

Perception is reality re booster interference and the perception is definitely there. Denying the perception doesn’t make it go away.

I believe that it exists in any program.

I know that I expect to get something in return after I send multiple 6 figure donations to the university, year in and out. I always do this anonymously because I don’t need accolades or praise.

You may have noticed “anonymous” before, when you see the gifts from Bobby Lowder, Jimmy Rane, etc. That’s me.

If we can’t land a coach on Kiffin’s level (there’s not a ton) then we may be furked.

I don’t know who the up and comers are. But that’s rolling the dice like we did with Coach Harper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2022, 03:26:12 PM »

I don’t know who the up and comers are. But that’s rolling the dice like we did with Coach Harper.

You said comers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2022, 04:23:41 PM »
I'm about to cut some bitch.

Bryce Harper would be a good place for you to start.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2022, 04:36:40 PM »
Bryce Harper would be a good place for you to start.

What I'll do, is cut his hamstring down low.  And when he goes back, when his weight goes back, he'll stay there, and push everything out to the right.  He can't follow through.  He'll quit the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2022, 04:52:53 PM »

He knows nothing.

yes...we agree. He just admits it. The others pretend to know stuff.

I don't think anyone knows what Chris Roberts has in his head. No one. PM has finally accepted that he doesn't.

You'd think Hoke was in Roberts' office getting every word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2022, 08:16:18 AM »
yes...we agree. He just admits it. The others pretend to know stuff.

I don't think anyone knows what Chris Roberts has in his head. No one. PM has finally accepted that he doesn't.

You'd think Hoke was in Roberts' office getting every word.

So he's become Mr. Hand?

I like that. 
"I don't know."
That's nice.
Will Harsin be fired this weekend?
"Gee, I don't know."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions