Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Week 5 Observations...Prepare Thy Anus

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Week 5 Observations...Prepare Thy Anus
« on: October 03, 2022, 11:47:02 AM »
***I have never seen more face palms from a Coach than I did with Bryman Hatpin Saturday night.  Has to be a record.

***Hamlin has been told he’s gone.  I’m convinced of it. 4th and 10?  Fuck it, let’s go.  4th and 15?  Fuck it harder.  Offense, stay on the field.  He knows!

***The D deserved a better fate.  They busted that ass all night.

***The Offense deserved a better fate.  Most of them anyway.  They don’t have a quarterback, and they have an offensive coordinator who is way out of his league.

***On that note, I’m not giving Havrins a break here, but he can’t do anything about Ashford throwing it to the wrong team, constantly dropping the ball, and not being able to hit a wide open receiver 10 yards in front of him on multiple occasions. 

***Again on that note, Haskins should be able to tell that a direct snap to the QB, and having him run immediately toward the sideline, is not proper usage of Ashford’s limited skill set.

***One more time on that note, I hope we don’t have to watch that much longer.

***This team has plenty of time, and plenty of NIL money to spend on a good tube of anal lube before Saturday.  No reason for any of them not to be prepared and have to endure dry entry.  But then, they are coached by Breland Hasbeen. They may not know.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Week 5 Observations...Prepare Thy Anus
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 12:28:10 PM »

***On that note, I’m not giving Havrins a break here, but he can’t do anything about Ashford throwing it to the wrong team, constantly dropping the ball, and not being able to hit a wide open receiver 10 yards in front of him on multiple occasions. 

***Again on that note, Haskins should be able to tell that a direct snap to the QB, and having him run immediately toward the sideline, is not proper usage of Ashford’s limited skill set.

When you have a dual threat, option style qb chunking it over 40 times behind a line who is as bad as we've ever seen at pass blocking? Yeah, that def lends itself to more bad decisions and picks. Coaches are not putting players in the best positions for their strengths. Its as plain as day. This OL's strength - if you wanna call it that - is run blocking. Tank and Quez are extremely good and change of pace from each other. They are each getting it single digits most games. And as I said, Ashford is chunking away. I can't wrap my head around it.

And yes, the 4th and longs going for it. I just....can't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 01:23:10 PM »
The thing about the rushing game is you have to be patient.  It's not something that takes from the first play. 

Three yards, four yards, three, two...By mid third quarter, though, you start to gash a tired defense.  If we commit to the run, we have to do it.  Make our living on the ground by getting playmakers 25-30 carries. 

There's no strategy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 02:01:46 PM »
You are all correct. Line up and run it down their throat with 8 in the box. Every coach knows that is the answer...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 02:15:43 PM »
I have asked my UGA fans (the ones I stay with when I make my yearly trek to Ft. Benning)

To please wear protection while they skull fucks next Sat. AU loses by 30+. Enough to get Harsin gone? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 02:44:09 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 02:48:48 PM »
Leota out for the season.

https://twitter.com/aldotcomTigers/status/1577005836551032835

Well fuckity fuckity fickity fuck.  I hate that.  Dude was balling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 03:08:08 PM »
Mommy, make it stop
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2022, 03:38:06 PM »
You are all correct. Line up and run it down their throat with 8 in the box. Every coach knows that is the answer...

You certainly do against an inferior Mizzou D.....when your RB leads the country in YPC and YAC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2022, 10:21:12 PM »

You’re a contrary fuck. 

This staff has no strategy.  Of course he has to throw enough to keep the defense honest. But if you commit to the run you run.  You don’t throw 40 times and give bigsby 12 carries. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2022, 12:20:38 AM »
You’re a contrary fuck. 

This staff has no strategy.  Of course he has to throw enough to keep the defense honest. But if you commit to the run you run.  You don’t throw 40 times and give bigsby 12 carries.

You do when they are straight up playing the run all the way and your line can barely block the minimum.
If we had a QB with some experience and a consistent short game, we easily beat LSU…through the air. Or at least until they back off so we can run it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2022, 07:17:18 AM »
You do when they are straight up playing the run all the way and your line can barely block the minimum.
If we had a QB with some experience and a consistent short game, we easily beat LSU…through the air. Or at least until they back off so we can run it.

I disagree.  But that’s ok. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2022, 10:19:15 AM »

And who said run it up the gut every time?

We are throwing it 40 times with an option QB, and running our stud running backs single digits. Not saying 3 yard and a cloud of dust right at their linebackers and NT, but you have to run it more. Even if it means throwing in some RPO and outside stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2022, 12:22:15 PM »
Fuck Georgia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2022, 12:22:27 PM »
And who said run it up the gut every time?

We are throwing it 40 times with an option QB, and running our stud running backs single digits. Not saying 3 yard and a cloud of dust right at their linebackers and NT, but you have to run it more. Even if it means throwing in some RPO and outside stuff.

I kind of feel bad for the line. 

"We are going to establish the run and build from that."
"No, wait. We are going to throw it 40-50 times a game and run sometimes." 

What are they supposed to do?  I don't think they're coached well.  I don't think they know what our focus should be.

-- San Jose State, where we should have mashed them up front and let the line gain confidence by wearing the defense down and letting Bigsby pad stats?  23 passes.  Bigsby got 12 carries. 
-- Mizzou was better.  Only threw 21 passes and Bigsby ran 19 times.  But Ashford ran 15. 
-- Mercer 21 passes, Bigsby ran for 147 on 16 carries.  That's what you got to do, but it was fucking Mercer.
- Penn State saw 38 passes and just nine carries for Bigsby

That's NOT figuring out your strengths and using them wisely.  Finley has a good arm but is inconsistent.  Ashford is as green as the side of a fish tank in a redneck's house.  Yeah, they need to throw some to loosen up the defense, but the fact remains that not putting the load on Bigsby's shoulders is not an effective strategy (and if I'm a RB looking at AU, I'm thinking 'fuck that noise.')

At this point we're just spinning wheels, though.  Harsin's plan - if there is one - doesn't work. On the field or off.  We can discuss what would work better, but nobody in power is going to ask for our input.  We all should agree, though, that it doesn't work.  All we can do at this point is rage into the wind and wait for what's next.  Then we can love or hate that (and I will HATE it if it's Freeze). 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions