Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Don't Knock This Chess Thing

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Don't Knock This Chess Thing
« on: September 15, 2022, 10:00:00 AM »
I remember many years ago, for some reason, there was a well publicized world championship match between American, Bobby Fischer, and evil Russian Commie, Boris Spassky. We don't hear a lot about the game of Chess anymore, and why should we?  Well, maybe we should after all.  copy/pasta foxynewz

The shocking defeat of one of the best chess players in the world sparked accusations of cheating and has thrown the sport into a tailspin over the last few weeks.

Magnus Carlsen, the 31-year-old chess grandmaster who was unbeaten entering the Sinquefield Cup, lost to upstart American player Hans Niemann last week, ending the top-ranked Chess player’s 53-game winning streak. After the loss, Carlsen tweeted he was withdrawing from the tournament, hosted by the St. Louis Chess Club.

"I've withdrawn from the tournament. I've always enjoyed playing in the @STLChessClub, and hope to be back in the future," he wrote, adding a link to a 2020 video from soccer manager Jose Mourinho who famously said after a match, "If I speak, I am in big trouble."

Niemann, 19, immediately faced accusations of cheating – from anything to wireless vibrating anal beads to a vibrating shoe, according to multiple reports. Tesla CEO Elon Musk even added to the controversy with a tweet of his own, suggesting something was in Niemann’s butt during the match. A professional game also suggested something like that as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Don't Knock This Chess Thing
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 10:32:56 AM »
The Spassky Bishop block??? What a move.

$1 to Screech

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 12:13:51 PM »
Niemann, 19, immediately faced accusations of cheating – from anything to wireless vibrating anal beads
Wow.  I mean, how would those help you cheat though? 
I mean, how would you use them.  Like, how would you insert the beads?  One at a time, or all at once?
So, somebody controls the beads with an app or something?  Trying to move the pawn and BAM! don't do that, stupid.
Those sound helpful and kind of fun.
Do you have a link to buy them? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 02:01:05 PM »
Wow.  I mean, how would those help you cheat though? 
I mean, how would you use them.  Like, how would you insert the beads?  One at a time, or all at once?
So, somebody controls the beads with an app or something?  Trying to move the pawn and BAM! don't do that, stupid.
Those sound helpful and kind of fun.
Do you have a link to buy them?

Jim used to...but they ran him off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE