Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The end of the road for ADAG?

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
The end of the road for ADAG?
« on: August 26, 2022, 02:25:16 PM »
Pete the dick Thamel tweeted earier:

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1563218494103384074?s=20&t=zUSG27fKnbk_-YsIjE5z0Q

I really need one of you assholes to tell me how to embed a tweet.  Can we do that here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The end of the road for ADAG?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 02:42:46 PM »
Greene's New Deal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 08:31:04 AM »
How is Thamel getting any info out of Auburn.  You know nobody would talk to him.  Except Hedwig. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 05:38:50 PM »
How is Thamel getting any info out of Auburn.  You know nobody would talk to him.  Except Hedwig.

Tried to tell Some this
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 02:38:05 PM »
I read NomNom's article and it's a fucking pantload.

Apparently, despite the resounding successes most of our sports programs are achieving (football tbd, obv), everybody hated Greene cuz he was tight with the T&E budget.

Bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 09:31:13 AM »
Per the Skreets, the only place ADAG didn't apply to in the last four years was the local Whole Foods. He wanted out the minute he got there. (Maybe had to do with how he perceived Leath once he got around him - dumpster fire.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 10:33:10 AM »
I read NomNom's article and it's a fucking pantload.

Apparently, despite the resounding successes most of our sports programs are achieving (football tbd, obv), everybody hated Greene cuz he was tight with the T&E budget.

Bullshit.

No....it was a reason. Not the whole reason. In fact it was a small part of the overall issue with him.

And its not just Phillip saying that. It was widely known. But on that topic, you CANNOT handcuff yourself into a corner in the Athletic Dept financially. You have to spend money to make money. This isn't a mom n pop hardware store. You do not tell Bruce and Butch to deal with it and cut corners This caused a ton of friction with both coaches, especially Butch. He was recently drug kicking and screaming to give Bruce an extension (Thanks to Gen Burgess and others) and to invest in facilities in both of those successful sports to be able to maintain success.

Greene is a good fundraiser and frankly a great bullshitter. Thats fine. So was Jacobs. Thats what you want in a guy that raises money. But that's also what TUF is for, not being AD. There is an operations aspect to the job. There is leading from the front, vision and being the face of athletics for the program. Greene had NONE of that. And it became apparent. He also had extremely low morale among staffers in the complex. His remote work stance was a complete failure. Demanding people be in the office every day while covid was still in full force while he sat home himself. Coming into the office when he wanted, unexplained absences, closed door policy that was known and on and on. None of these things by themselves is inherently a fireable offense but add them all together and its a collective gasp....

Auburn needs to wash itself totally clean of the Leath era which included: Greene being hired, Gus being given an extension and guaranteed 50 mill and lastly and maybe worst of all - an attempt to fire Bruce. Greene was never qualified for an SEC AD job. I think he would be a great asst AD or TUF Chair. Not his fault, I would have taken it as well.

But....He also started interviewing for other jobs not even a year into the job. He was 0 for 3 in that regard. That gave many people the impression he was a bit of a self promoter above all else and was using Auburn.. Leath was a complete tool, so there is that, but no one is chomping at the bit to hire him now. Both of those things are telling. I wish him well and I think he has a place in college athletics - just not as the head man of a major Athletic Dept at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 10:38:02 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 10:34:17 AM »
Per the Skreets, the only place ADAG didn't apply to in the last four years was the local Whole Foods. He wanted out the minute he got there. (Maybe had to do with how he perceived Leath once he got around him - dumpster fire.)

That's what my skreets (A narrow dirt road with a wash out on the left side) said.  I axed and they said, "Hell, he was looking for another job from the time they hired him."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 10:40:41 AM »
That's what my skreets (A narrow dirt road with a wash out on the left side) said.  I axed and they said, "Hell, he was looking for another job from the time they hired him."

Greene also had zero effect on the other coaches success. He kept the seat warm while they did their thing in spite of his attempted handcuffing of them. Why any creed thumping moron on social media thinks Greene gets credit for Butch, Bruce and the FOF is BEYOND common sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE