Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NFL - Rigged

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
NFL - Rigged
« on: February 14, 2022, 11:49:01 AM »
I've thought it ever since the Broncos and Panthers played in the SuperBowl.  Haven't watched it much since, honestly, because that soured me on the whole thing.

Watched some last night and am further convinced. 

The NFL game is rigged.  Maybe not completely, but there are storylines they want to promote and take steps toward making that happen when the occasion arises. 

I don't think it's like professional wrestling where the outcome is scripted from start to finish, but there comes a point in the game where the action is guided until a desired result is achieved. 

Also? The halftime show sucked.  It was nice to see ancient Dre and Snoop stagger through a little bit but the rest of it was..... well..... my grandmother knew what to call it.  You can't say that on TV, though.  Terrible.  It was terrible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: NFL - Rigged
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 12:02:32 PM »
Third best HT show ever:

1) Prince
2) MJ
3) 90s Hip Hop tribute
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 12:16:12 PM »
Best playoffs I’ve ever seen.  From the opening game, to the Super Bowl.  In fact, the SB was one of the worst games of the entire playoffs, and even that came down to the wire.

Everything after Snoop and Dre was quite uninspiring. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 12:44:04 PM »
Third best HT show ever:

1) Prince
2) MJ
3) 90s Hip Hop tribute - no

Prince, yeah. 

Michael is a pedophile.  Can't be celebrating that.

Last night was fucking TERRIBLE.  Just awful.  A bunch of koonga boonga targeted at about 8% of the population. 

I like Snoop and Dre.  That part is creative (even though they steal every single riff they use, the part that makes the songs great).   The rest was nothing but noise.  Fat Fiddy even sucked. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 12:46:10 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 01:45:31 PM »
Only saw the last couple of minutes which is the most NFL I have watched in many years. Stopped watching after the Rams went up at the end.

When did they start allowing whites to play receiver again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 01:53:40 PM »
Only saw the last couple of minutes which is the most NFL I have watched in many years. Stopped watching after the Rams went up at the end.

When did they start allowing whites to play receiver again?

I don't know, but I got to the point where if I heard one of the announcers say KOOBRA CUPP!! one more time I was going to wreck shit.  Why can't they just say his last name like they do for every other player?

I also got to be honest.  The sudden ability for that guy to be open on every single play on the final drive when they'd essentially shut him down for the prior 58 minutes?  Something ain't right.  That's part of my "NFL is rigged" thought process.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 02:07:51 PM »
A bunch of koonga boonga targeted at about 8% of the population. 

Jesus.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 02:31:37 PM »
Jesus.
I sure hope you were paying attention during his part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2022, 05:27:48 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 11:12:39 AM »
Third best HT show ever:

1) Prince
2) MJ
3) 90s Hip Hop tribute

It was a good show, but I thought Stones or Who were just as good.  Not impressed with Mary J Blige or that other rapper who I've never listened to. 

Had Dre got Cube, Ren, and Yella to get on stage with him...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2022, 11:34:19 AM »
It was a good show, but I thought Stones or Who were just as good.  Not impressed with Mary J Blige or that other rapper who I've never listened to. 

Had Dre got Cube, Ren, and Yella to get on stage with him...

I thought it was great because it wasn't just dragging out the dusty corpses of some aging rockers.

The Who show was awful.  It was painful watching the mummy who once sang "I hope I die before I get old" try to hit those old notes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2022, 11:44:35 AM »
I thought it was great because it wasn't just dragging out the dusty corpses of some aging rockers.

The Who show was awful.  It was painful watching the mummy who once sang "I hope I die before I get old" try to hit those old notes.

I'll be the first to admin that my bias for them might because of the Saints being in that game, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2022, 11:46:38 AM »
I'll be the first to admin that my bias for them might because of the Saints being in that game, though.

No shame in that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2022, 02:34:00 PM »

Dusty corpses of aging rappers is better? At least the rockers played their own musical creations.

Dre is 56 and hasn’t been relevant in decades.  The songs he pretended to play?  30 years old. 

Snoop is 50.  Eminem 50. Bilge 53 and embarrassed herself vocally and in outfit.  50 is 46, had one universally recognizable song 20 years ago. Nobody knew or gave a fuck who the tone deaf caterwauler was.  Married to a piece of shit kardashian or something. 

Once again you’re wrong in a multitude of ways.
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2022, 03:12:25 PM »
Dusty corpses of aging rappers is better?

Why not?

At least the rockers played their own musical creations.

As did the hippity hoppiters.  They cleared/paid for the samples they incorporated into their productions.

Dre is 56 and hasn’t been relevant in decades.  The songs he pretended to play?  30 years old. 

Snoop is 50.  Eminem 50. Bilge 53 and embarrassed herself vocally and in outfit.  50 is 46, had one universally recognizable song 20 years ago. Nobody knew or gave a fuck who the tone deaf caterwauler was.  Married to a piece of shit kardashian or something. 

You really want to compare the ages of the songs performed given the context in this discussion?

Just admit you're a crusty white dude who hates that the world is passing by him.  The rest of the world (less and except the previously-defined demographic) universally loved the show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2022, 04:42:50 PM »

Just admit you're a crusty white dude who hates that the world is passing by him.  The rest of the world (less and except the previously-defined demographic) universally loved the show.

Why does it always have to be about crustiness with you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2022, 05:37:47 PM »
Why not?

As did the hippity hoppiters.  They cleared/paid for the samples they incorporated into their productions.

Are you shitting me?  You're actually comparing the person who WROTE and originally PLAYED, for instance, Hotel California to some jackass who came along years later and said 'that's got a nice beat' and then paid to use it?  One is a creator. One has talent. Obviously you don't know which one.

You really want to compare the ages of the songs performed given the context in this discussion?

There's not really a whole lot of difference in a 30 year old song or a 40 year old song.  In this world, each is just as relevant. 

Fools are foolish.  Been that way forever.  Definitely not "universally loved" by any demographic whatsoever.  You're drunk.  Go home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 05:51:55 PM »
I got the show.  I thought it was well conceived.  Loved Dre and Snoop doin' their thing.  After that, I was uninterested.  Just not a fan of any of the other artists.  I honestly didn't know that was Mary J. Blige and didn't recognize what she was singing.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
WiregrassTiger,

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2022, 06:03:59 PM »
I got the show.  I thought it was well conceived.  Loved Dre and Snoop doin' their thing.  After that, I was uninterested.  Just not a fan of any of the other artists.  I honestly didn't know that was Mary J. Blige and didn't recognize what she was singing.   

I appreciated Dre and Snoop in much the same way I'd appreciate any nostalgia band that's going around.  Toto, Foreigner, Styx, Boston, Duran Duran... any of that.  It's 30-year old music that I liked when I was in my late teens and 20s.  Same for Foreigner, Styx, Boston.... Not because Dre or Snoop provided great music (they "paid" for the parts that were good) but because of the nostalgia factor. I didn't know what all they'd ripped off, just that it had a flow.   

After that?  It was just a bunch of fucking noise.  That one crip walking fool should have been muzzled. He sucked worse than that 'weekend' moron. 

Face it. The unenlightened one can talk about crusty, old or whatever but the music of our generation persists.   It's still around. It still works.  Because it' music. Not noise. 

When I was a teenager and in my 20s was I listening to bands from the 1940s and 1950s?  Nope. But my kids and their kids recognize and enjoy the music of my generation.  And even they will admit that the music of today won't have that same longevity.  As one 21-year old black kid told me just last week...... "It's kind of weird.  My kids and grandkids will probably still be listening to like Michael Jackson and Earth Wind and Fire and stuff like that, but these acts like The Weekend, Billie Eilish and Post Malone... nobody's going to remember or listen to that even ten years from now...It'll just fade away."  Whoever that untalented ass was with the white-haired dancers?  He won't be remembered in ten weeks, much less ten years.  No discernible talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 08:39:31 PM »
Why not?

You always call everyone else racist. Yet are always the first one to bring it up and take a low blow jab.

Your white guilt is strong with this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,WiregrassTiger,
No reactions
WDE