Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rumors about Harsin

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Rumors about Harsin
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2022, 11:51:30 AM »
That was a nasty chapter in the long history of this football program. Can it work out long term? I don't know but sure seems like not because of all the factors involved. Where does it lead? Impossible to predict anymore. Facts are facts; our power structure has not been aligned since Pat Dye was there. In spite of that, success still happened because a) talent will come to Auburn; b) talented people get a lot out of those players and take advantage of opportunities.

It'll always be War Eagle for me even though it feels like we are heading into a dark cave for a bit. But every cave has an end and I do believe it will swing back our way again someday.

Someday...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2022, 02:49:28 PM »
Now that all the smoke has settled, I am disappoint in Hargraves.

No, not because of his racism.  Not because he can't keep players or coaches happy.  Not because he hates to recruit.

Because he really isn't hitting that assistant.
Her lips are too small.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2022, 03:22:03 PM »
I don’t have a lot of connections at Auburn
No shit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2022, 11:48:32 PM »
That was a nasty chapter in the long history of this football program. Can it work out long term? I don't know but sure seems like not because of all the factors involved. Where does it lead? Impossible to predict anymore. Facts are facts; our power structure has not been aligned since Pat Dye was there. In spite of that, success still happened because a) talent will come to Auburn; b) talented people get a lot out of those players and take advantage of opportunities.

It'll always be War Eagle for me even though it feels like we are heading into a dark cave for a bit. But every cave has an end and I do believe it will swing back our way again someday.

Someday...

I’m getting too old for this shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bgreene

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2022, 12:06:26 PM »
I would behoove you to check out the Assistant, Clesi Crochet, on IG. She appears to be a well rounded individual.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 12:11:11 PM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

bgreene

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2022, 12:14:53 PM »
I have a lot of respect for you Ben so I want to encourage you to never read any of this Goodman shit.

Everything the man writes is shit. He’s a fraud.

The biggest thing this loser ever did was marry Roseanne.

No matter what happens to Coach Hadley, Goodman will find a way to praise Nick Saban, talk shit about AU and call for mask mandates.
#fuckgoodman

His mom should be ashamed of having him.

First of all, let's get one thing straight, the best thing Goodman ever did, was his performance as Walter.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2022, 09:26:47 AM »
Bryman Hairpin made it through the investigation into how he treats players and coaches. He has a second chance. So, maybe he needs to tweak his personality.  But what he needs to do more is fix this shit.  This upcoming recruiting season finds Alabama with more top 100 high school players than everybody in the country, with the exception of Florida and Texas. One of the best talent pools ever in the State.  This little copy/pasta from the Montgomery Advertiser doesn't give me the feels.  Eufaula is 45 minutes from Auburn.  They have a couple of those players.  He's never been.

Longtime Thompson coach Mark Freeman said that he has never met Harsin when asked after National Signing Day. He has heard similarly from other Birmingham coaches. Harsin hadn’t been to Thompson.

It's a recurring theme: Seven of the 14 coaches who spoke with the Advertiser had not met Harsin. Whether or not that’s a serious concern varies depending on the coach. Some believe it’s unreasonable to expect Harsin to contact every in-state school so quickly. Others said the bare minimum is to have made that a top priority by now. A number of coaches were baffled that they haven't interacted with Auburn's head coach. One said Harsin's continued absence is "just insane to me." An extended COVID-19 recruiting dead period ended June 1, 2021.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2022, 09:30:01 AM »
Or maybe Brad Heimlich is insane like a fox!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2022, 10:43:19 AM »
So the Thompson coach, who is as bad a Bill Clark, whines because Hardbanger hasn’t swooned him?

Corch  Hillbarger will get there. He’s been too busy fighting off the trash half of AU for a bit now.

The coaches who have met him, really seem to like him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2022, 12:02:40 PM »
So the Thompson coach, who is as bad a Bill Clark, whines because Hardbanger hasn’t swooned him?

Corch  Hillbarger will get there. He’s been too busy fighting off the trash half of AU for a bit now.

Yeah, this is just more smear from the AL media.

I'm becoming more of a fan every day.  Dude is going to do it his way and you can gargle his balls if you don't like it.  Been a LONG time since we had anyone with that kind of moxie walking around the football facility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2022, 12:13:01 PM »

I'm becoming more of a fan every day.  Dude is going to do it his way and you can gargle his balls if you don't like it.  Been a LONG time since we had anyone with that kind of moxie walking around the football facility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2022, 02:07:41 PM »

Speaking of, you can gargle my balls again, if you want.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2022, 03:35:52 PM »

So, honest question here.  What, besides a pair of heavy, hairy balls, makes you feel that way?

I'm not calling for the guy's ouster.  I want every AU corch to kick ass.  But, other than him being a bit of a hard ass, I can't find much positive that's gone on in his first year plus.  Let's see:

He fired two of the coaches he interviewed and hired.

His DC couldn't get away from him fast enough. Took a $400K pay cut to leave.

More assistants left of their own accord.

He's currently riding a 5 game losing streak, something that's happened maybe once in how many decades?

He had an unheard of 20 players jump in the portal, many of which were from his first recruiting class.

His second recruiting class was the lowest ranked since 2009, by a good bit. In addition, he didn't sign one player on National Signing Day. In fact, in the last days leading up to NSD, Hartman was schmoozing for the cameras at the Senior Bowl instead of trying to close hard on some much needed talent.

Smear tactic or not, coaches at the biggest high school programs in the State are saying they never met the man.

He apparently pissed off enough people that the University opened a very public investigation on how he treats people.  Yeah, I get it.  Saban is an asshole too.  But, we didn't sell our souls to Satan like Bama did.

I guess you could point to him hiring Ike Hilliard.

Again, I hope Hairlip turns out to be the real deal.  I'll be pulling for him.  But, I don't see much to go on so far.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2022, 04:03:43 PM »
So, honest question here.  What, besides a pair of heavy, hairy balls, makes you feel that way?

Jesus, you read so much AL media.

He fired two of the coaches he interviewed and hired.

I've had to correct course after some shithead couldn't get on the team.

His DC couldn't get away from him fast enough. Took a $400K pay cut to leave.

That was internet-true.  Any verification?  Admittedly, if true, it's something that could be concerning but only if the head man was in the wrong.  Do we know that?  We do know that the defense got a fuckton better in the wake of Mason's departure.

More assistants left of their own accord.

We all used to praise Tuberville for wanting assistants with aspirations.  So, any particular parts of this got you butt-chapped?

He's currently riding a 5 game losing streak, something that's happened maybe once in how many decades?

After his first year and an entire culture overhaul.

He had an unheard of 20 players jump in the portal, many of which were from his first recruiting class.

Can you verify that 20 is "unheard of"?  It may be a lot, but what were the net additions?

His second recruiting class was the lowest ranked since 2009, by a good bit. In addition, he didn't sign one player on National Signing Day. In fact, in the last days leading up to NSD, Hartman was schmoozing for the cameras at the Senior Bowl instead of trying to close hard on some much needed talent.

This is the laziest/worst take of all.  Recruiting rankings are in a state of flux until anyone figures out how to account for the portal.  Fuck a ranking...show me the roster.

At every turn, when criticized by the legacy media and their Auburn shills...he says "FUCK YOU. You hired me to do a job and I'm going to do it.  Want me to leave my vacay early because you ginned up a bullshit rumor?  FUCK YOU.  You hired me to do a job and I'm going to do it.  Some hilljack HS bumpkin isn't getting his balls tugged on the reg?  FUCK YOU.  You hired me to do a job and I'm going to do it.

Respeck like Aretha demanded.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2022, 05:50:38 PM »
Too much wrong to address it all.  A few:

No, I don't read AL DOT  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. or much else Alabama media related.  I pulled up that article because it was being talked about on two talk shows today.  What was it about that piece that said high school coaches were feeling jilted because Harpins wasn't massaging their balls?  Answer, not a damn thing.  They were pointing out the fact that HE HAS NEVER ONCE EVEN TALKED TO THEM!!!  That's how this thing works.  That's how you get the top talent in your program.  If you're okay with him neglecting the life blood of any program, maybe you're the one massaging his balls. Ha!  Take that! BOOM!

So, let's talk recruiting.  I'll agree the rankings aren't all that and a bag of Wavy Lays.  In 2009, we finished 23rd according to 247.  But when you look at the guys in that class who wound up being major contributors to a Natty, like Nick Unfairley and Emory Blake, that pretty much dispels that theory.  However, we have one major need in this class.  ONE!  And one is exactly what we got. One fucking O-lineman.  If you have no O-line, you have zero chance at success.  We're fucked for the foreseeable future. 

We had 20 jump in the portal.  We had 5 jump out of the portal and land in Auburn.  Still no offensive linemen.  And again, not one signature on National Signing Day.   

I'm not butt-chapped about assistants having aspirations.  The question though, is did Austin Davis leave because he had aspirations?  You know, the 32 year old QB coach who he hired as OC, despite never having been one in his life.  He lasted 43 days.  Nice pick up, Hasbeenz.

Let's also talk losing streak.  Culture change my ass.  Several of those losses were squarely on him for making dumbass decisions that you can't deflect to anyone else. Hey, let's take Tank Bigsby out of the game and go for it on 4th and 1 in our own territory.  Hey Mike, what play do we have dialed up?  Oh, a 25 yard pass down field into triple coverage?  Mmmm...sounds good. (BTW, Tank had 166 yards that night)

Hey Ref.  Time out.  Time out.  Uh, Coach Mason, could you step over here for one second?  How are things with you?  Good?  How's the wife?  Say, listen.  I don't know if you noticed this or not, but that Rogers kid has completed 369 passes in a row. I know, right?  So, yeeeeeaaaah, I'm gonna' need you to NOT RUSH 3 ANYMORE.  How bout that?  Great.  Good to see you.  Let's get two.

You see, I asked for anything positive to hang his hat on.  All I got was excuses, and this man has hairy balls.  Respeck is earned. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2022, 07:10:32 PM »

Both of them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted funny:
GH2001,
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2022, 09:52:34 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2022, 09:16:55 AM »
I wish I could agree 100% with the basketball jinx.  I really do.  I do believe Auburn needs a no nonsense, hey fuck yo momma kind of coarch to make the big money boosters take a couple steps back.  Is Baron von Hate the answer?  At first I thought so.  Halfway through the season, I still thought so.  From halftime of the Miss State game until today, I have my doubts.

And no, it's not because he lost 1/4 of his team to the portal.  Pat Dye, Saban, Vince Dooley, et.al. have had the same kind of roster turnover before, during and after their first year.  No...it's not because he has also lost 1/4 of his coaching staff to the other portal.  Whether or not it was by his own accord, hiring Bobo, Mason, the kid from Troy and Etheridge was a good way to make some 'cruitin inroads in the SEC.  He realized really early that Corn was a mistake, so he did something about it.  We could all see that Bobo was a mistake and he did something about that the day after the season ended.  Mason was the one head scratcher.  No idea which version of the story is right, but either way perception is reality today, so it had a really bad look.  Losing Eason (now he's on my list) was the cost of doing business in big time football.  Davis?  All I can say about that is WTF?  Much like Mason, no matter which version of the truth you choose to believe, it is a bad look period.  Still, all that said, Boomer Hehateme now has a mix of guys he is comfortable with and a few Auburn guys that can recruit lights out.  Seems like a good mix for any coach not a part of the Saban home for wayward coaches.

The one thing that really scares the hell out of me is his inability to recruit in state.  He sounds like he is taking the Tuberville approach from 2005-2008.  Take 3 star kids that are hungry and try to motivate them to beat the schools with the 5 stars.  Didn't really work for Tubs and I seriously doubt it will work now.  The lack of OL recruiting is disheartening to say the least...although there are actually like 104 offensive linemen coming back this season.  The tackle spot in particular is the place he has to start building for the future with.

All in all, I am still willing to give the guy a chance (like I really have a choice). I just want it all and I want it now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2022, 09:59:26 AM »
I wish I could agree 100% with the basketball jinx.  I really do.  I do believe Auburn needs a no nonsense, hey fuck yo momma kind of coarch to make the big money boosters take a couple steps back.  Is Baron von Hate the answer?  At first I thought so.  Halfway through the season, I still thought so.  From halftime of the Miss State game until today, I have my doubts.

And no, it's not because he lost 1/4 of his team to the portal.  Pat Dye, Saban, Vince Dooley, et.al. have had the same kind of roster turnover before, during and after their first year.  No...it's not because he has also lost 1/4 of his coaching staff to the other portal.  Whether or not it was by his own accord, hiring Bobo, Mason, the kid from Troy and Etheridge was a good way to make some 'cruitin inroads in the SEC.  He realized really early that Corn was a mistake, so he did something about it.  We could all see that Bobo was a mistake and he did something about that the day after the season ended.  Mason was the one head scratcher.  No idea which version of the story is right, but either way perception is reality today, so it had a really bad look.  Losing Eason (now he's on my list) was the cost of doing business in big time football.  Davis?  All I can say about that is WTF?  Much like Mason, no matter which version of the truth you choose to believe, it is a bad look period.  Still, all that said, Boomer Hehateme now has a mix of guys he is comfortable with and a few Auburn guys that can recruit lights out.  Seems like a good mix for any coach not a part of the Saban home for wayward coaches.

The one thing that really scares the hell out of me is his inability to recruit in state.  He sounds like he is taking the Tuberville approach from 2005-2008.  Take 3 star kids that are hungry and try to motivate them to beat the schools with the 5 stars.  Didn't really work for Tubs and I seriously doubt it will work now.  The lack of OL recruiting is disheartening to say the least...although there are actually like 104 offensive linemen coming back this season.  The tackle spot in particular is the place he has to start building for the future with.

All in all, I am still willing to give the guy a chance (like I really have a choice). I just want it all and I want it now.

I heart your post. 

BTW, Lord Saybinz just hired Corn Williams as an "analyst".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2022, 10:35:16 AM »
The Austin Davis thing is about the easiest to explain away and I don't understand why it has some of youse up in your pantyfeels.

Dude is an NFL lifer.  We tried to hire a guy out of that world while the playoffs were still ongoing.  He likely got a better offer to stay in a league where he knew the lay of the land.  Too big a risk to make a wholesale lifestyle change.

Anyone remember Rich Bisaccia's cup of coffee on the AU staff???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions