Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rumors about Harsin

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Rumors about Harsin
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2022, 10:53:59 AM »
The Austin Davis thing is about the easiest to explain away and I don't understand why it has some of youse up in your pantyfeels.

Dude is an NFL lifer.  We tried to hire a guy out of that world while the playoffs were still ongoing.  He likely got a better offer to stay in a league where he knew the lay of the land.  Too big a risk to make a wholesale lifestyle change.

Anyone remember Rich Bisaccia's cup of coffee on the AU staff???
Was he the one that made the decision to go with the cheap copy paper?

And for the record, which NFL team did Davis move to?  I hadn't heard anything about his next move after leaving Hullabaloo's staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2022, 11:02:26 AM »
The Austin Davis thing is about the easiest to explain away and I don't understand why it has some of youse up in your pantyfeels.

Dude is an NFL lifer.  We tried to hire a guy out of that world while the playoffs were still ongoing.  He likely got a better offer to stay in a league where he knew the lay of the land.  Too big a risk to make a wholesale lifestyle change.

What Buzz said.  Unless it's been kept a secret for some reason, he hasn't taken another job.  Plus, the Seasquawks were 7-10 with no chance of a playoff berth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2022, 11:25:23 AM »
You guys are correct.  No subsequent announcement on Davis's status.

Still think it's the weakest of the weak sauce complaints about Harsin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2022, 11:57:19 AM »
You guys are correct.  No subsequent announcement on Davis's status.

Still think it's the weakest of the weak sauce complaints about Harsin.

My former CIO always said that perception is reality.  It's just not a good look...but not any reason to start watching for pieces of the sky coming down.
Like I said, my only real point of contention revolves around the recruiting.  The rest doesn't look great, but then again neither does Snaggs nekkid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2022, 12:14:06 PM »
My former CIO always said that perception is reality.  It's just not a good look...but not any reason to start watching for pieces of the sky coming down.
Like I said, my only real point of contention revolves around the recruiting.  The rest doesn't look great, but then again neither does Snaggs nekkid.

You can kiss my ass.  Recruiting is not that bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2022, 12:28:12 PM »
My deal with former Corch Austin Texas was that it was a head scratcher for me from the start.  His total resume was that he played QB in college and the NFL up until 2019.  He was Assistant QB Corch for one year, and QB Corch for another year.  That's it.  And Byron Hardline hires him as his Offensive Coordinator, in the toughest conference in the land.  The fuck did that come from?

All I could think of was Coach Shrek hiring a DC last year who had never held that position before.  LSU sucked and Yaw Yaw got canned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2022, 12:38:41 PM »
My deal with former Corch Austin Texas was that it was a head scratcher for me from the start.  His total resume was that he played QB in college and the NFL up until 2019.  He was Assistant QB Corch for one year, and QB Corch for another year.  That's it.  And Byron Hardline hires him as his Offensive Coordinator, in the toughest conference in the land.  The fuck did that come from?

All I could think of was Coach Shrek hiring a DC last year who had never held that position before.  LSU sucked and Yaw Yaw got canned.

Fair enough.  I guess I'm tired of the recycling of coaches through the conference (See: Bobo, Mike).  New blood/ideas is what I want, man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2022, 02:35:05 PM »
Fair enough.  I guess I'm tired of the recycling of coaches through the conference (See: Bobo, Mike).  New blood/ideas is what I want, man!

I'm on board with that.  I actually didn't have a problem with Bobo at first.  Wasn't pumped about the hire, but I was happy to have someone new, who would run just about anything other than the same old, tired shit Gus kept running.  Every coach in America had figured that offense out.

But, it looked to me like everyone had figured Bobo out as well, especially in the last half of the season.  It wasn't just that we were losing.  It was more that we would start out games strong, and then every team would go, "Oh, we got this", and shut us down.  It's like we would script the first 15 plays and then, "I got nuthin".  I felt sorry for TJ in the Bama game, because they did nothing to take any pressure off him. 2 runs and a deep drop. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2022, 02:40:35 PM »

"he likely got"

Link please. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2022, 03:01:19 PM »
So, we have Eric Kiesau as our OC.  It looks like he had 1 1/2 seasons with Coach Hamptons.  In 2019, Boise averaged right at 35 ppg with 262 passing and 168 running. 

2020 was the Rona season and they only played a handful of games.  Plus, who knows if they had a full roster with players opting out etc. 

I expect our D to be solid again, so I'd take 35 a game and 430 yards per game every week in a heartbeat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2022, 03:54:45 PM »
So, we have Eric Kiesau as our OC.  It looks like he had 1 1/2 seasons with Coach Hamptons.  In 2019, Boise averaged right at 35 ppg with 262 passing and 168 running. 

2020 was the Rona season and they only played a handful of games.  Plus, who knows if they had a full roster with players opting out etc. 

I expect our D to be solid again, so I'd take 35 a game and 430 yards per game every week in a heartbeat.

You'll get 17 points and 298 yards a game and like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2022, 04:30:41 PM »
You'll get 17 points and 298 yards a game and like it.

I waaannt a hamburger.....no...a cheeseburger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2022, 11:23:13 PM »
As hard as it is to say at this point, I just can’t muster a shit. 

Handjob is bland and uninspiring.  No matter how hard some of you are licking his balls, kaos is telling you right now …. This is a nuclear disaster. 

He’s got all the personality of wallpaper paste.  All the charisma of a tree stump. 

He’s never - and I mean never- going to fit.  His wacky ass family is never going to fit. 

Keeping him now is more damaging to the program than just eating the pain for a year or two. 

And I don’t even care.  Tired of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2022, 12:05:43 AM »
All hat, no cattle again?

I’ll take one of them national championships again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2022, 09:53:08 AM »
All hat, no cattle again?

I’ll take one of them national championships again.

No hat.  No cattle. No fence. No pasture. No barn. No meat. No milk. 

Famine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2022, 02:21:21 PM »
No hat.  No cattle. No fence. No pasture. No barn. No meat. No milk. 

Famine.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much….
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2022, 05:46:00 PM »
Methinks the lady doth protest too much….

I hate being right.  But I am. 

Yeah, chizik had one big cow on loan from God.  Other than that?  I’m batting 1000.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions