Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kiffin Takes Aim

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Kiffin Takes Aim
« on: February 01, 2022, 03:44:54 PM »
BroBible put out a piece on NIL, focusing on Texas A&M, who has the #1 recruiting class.  Lane Kiffin went Steve Spurrier on that ass.  This is a snippet with the most morer important parts.

Here is how it reportedly plays out in College Station (and across the country):
A recruit is targeted for a specific recruiting class.
A “point donor” then heads the recruiting effort.
The “point donor” gathers other donors around him.
Those donors create an LLC.
The LLC sponsors the targeted recruit and pays out deals for NIL if/when he enrolls.
That recruit, upon arrival on campus, receives money from the LLC.
In turn, the recruit promotes the LLC and its “cause,” whether that be a charity or a business.

Texas A&M currently holds the No. 1 recruiting class for 2022 and sits fifth for 2023. To get to that point, the boosters reportedly spent an unfathomable amount of money on NIL deals for their recruits. The numbers that have been thrown out there are absolutely insane.

That money was there because there are so many Aggie boosters with so much money. In turn, schools like Ole Miss, which has less than one third of the enrollment of A&M, are at a disadvantage. They do not have that same money to pay out amongst recruits.

Rebels head football coach Lane Kiffin addressed that notion on Tuesday. He spoke about NIL and even joked about the small fortune that the Aggies are spending on their recruiting classes.

"We don't have the funding resources as some schools with NIL deals.  It's like dealing with a salary cap."

"I joked I didn't know if Texas A&M incurred a luxury tax with how much they paid for their signing class."

Kiffin is absolutely right in what he is saying. The game has changed and money talks. It always has and it always will, but with the new rules on NIL, it is a much bigger, completely different beast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
oldautiger,
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Kiffin Takes Aim
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 03:54:17 PM »
So yeah...aTm did what bammer has been doing since the 1920s, but with a bunch of LLCs rather than paper bags and stuffed animals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 04:15:54 PM »
So yeah...aTm did what bammer has been doing since the 1920s, but with a bunch of LLCs rather than paper bags and stuffed animals.

Problem is, it's all legal now, and the program with the most $$$ wins. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 06:02:29 PM »
Problem is, it's all legal now, and the program with the most $$$ wins.

Can we please put this toothpaste back in the tube?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 10:47:06 PM »
Can we please put this toothpaste back in the tube?

Nope. All these millennials are out there buying into the fact that college football is the new plantation. They are calling you old and claiming you would have been against the forward pass, you old coot!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Token

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 11:46:54 PM »
Create a G league for the NFL instead of rehabbing all of these other failed NFL competitor leagues.  If you want to be paid, go there. If you want a college education, go to college.  Would we see the level of talent drop off in college football? Absolutely. But it would be across the board and it would make college competitive again for all schools instead of the top 5.

There are plenty of talented kids who play highschool ball and never get the chance to play at major programs in college. It would still be enjoyable and the elite players who are going to be paid either way would still be paid.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 11:48:43 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 11:55:08 PM »
Create a G league for the NFL instead of rehabbing all of these other failed NFL competitor leagues.  If you want to be paid, go there. If you want a college education, go to college.  Would we see the level of talent drop off in college football? Absolutely. But it would be across the board and it would make college competitive again for all schools instead of the top 5.

There are plenty of talented kids who play highschool ball and never get the chance to play at major programs in college. It would still be enjoyable and the elite players who are going to be paid either way would still be paid.

It may not affect the quality that much.  In college basketball, you have so much one and done.  I hate the constant turnover.  But at the end of the day, it’s still a damn fun sport to watch.  Not just right now because my team is scorching.  They self imposed a post season ban last year, and I enjoyed the hell out of the tourney.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions