Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Any Chance on This Guy?
« on: January 27, 2022, 10:31:56 AM »
Harsin, three assistants visit Pyburn

Bryan Matthews • AuburnSports
Senior Editor
@BMattAU
AUBURN | Bryan Harsin wanted to make sure that Jack Pyburn knew how much Auburn needed him.

He helped deliver that message by visiting Pyburn and his family Wednesday night along with defensive coordinator Jeff Schmedding, outside linebackers coach Bert Watts and linebackers coach Christian Robinson.

“It was great,” Pyburn said. “It was awesome to have all the main defensive guys there to come see me. That means a lot to me for them to want to all come and see me in the final closing days of this all.

“It was great talking to them and hanging out. We ate dinner and had a good time. It was awesome talking ball, talking life and having a good time.”

The 6-foot-4, 265-pound defensive end from Bolles in Jacksonville, Fla., said the message from Harsin and his assistants was clear.

"It was mainly how much they want me and how good I could do under their system and how well Auburn fits me," Pyburn said. "All the things that I agree on. All the things how they can make me successful and how I can be extremely successful at Auburn."

The Auburn staff also made sure Pyburn knew they expected him to come in and play right away. Auburn returns just three scholarship edge players at a position that often includes two players on the field at the same time in passing situations.

“They see me making a day-one impact,” he said.

It’s been a busy couple of weeks for Pyburn. He officially visited Auburn Jan. 14 and then Miami a couple of days later. Hurricane coaches including Mario Cristobal had an in-home visit Tuesday.

Pyburn plans to announce a decision between Auburn and Miami next Tuesday at 10 a.m. CT.

“I’m still undecided,” he said. “I’ve got a big wrestling tournament this weekend so I’m going to block everything out and focus on the tournament and then come Sunday and Monday, I’m really going to sit down with my family and go over what’s the most important to me and what’s the best decision for me moving forward.

“It’s going to come down to fit. It’s going to come down to where I see myself being the most successful and the atmosphere.”
Pyburn will compete in the Flagler Rotary wrestling tournament Friday and Saturday in Palm Coast, Fla.

“It’s my biggest tournament of the year so far for me,” Pyburn said. “Some of the top guys in the state will be there so it’s finally going to be some good competition for me.”

Pyburn finished his senior season with 109 tackles, 32.0 tackles-for-loss and 15.0 sacks.

Pyburn’s grandfather’s cousin was former Auburn football All-American and baseball All-SEC standout Jim Pyburn, who played MLB for the Baltimore Orioles from 1955-57.

Signing Day is Feb. 2.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Any Chance on This Guy?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 11:07:54 AM »
We really need a bagman in South Florida
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 11:36:55 AM »
We really need a bagman in South Florida

:miltie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 11:48:16 AM »
From word on da skreets, you know, Rivals, On3 and AUC seems to think the kid is ours.  He got that star bump on Rivals to a 4 star which means he will probably choose bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 11:57:50 AM »
Yes....weve been on him aggressively since End of Nov. At that time our staff evaluated him as a solid contributor higher than his ranking which was a 3 star, 5.5 AT the time. As of last night, he has been bumped to a 4 star, 5.8. So our guys seem to be correct on their eval of him last year. Here is hoping he will remember who wanted him when no one else did. Now that his ranking has bumped up, expect a few bigger schools to come calling here at the 11th hour, including Super Mario and the Canes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 02:31:35 PM »
Yes....weve been on him aggressively since End of Nov. At that time our staff evaluated him as a solid contributor higher than his ranking which was a 3 star, 5.5 AT the time. As of last night, he has been bumped to a 4 star, 5.8. So our guys seem to be correct on their eval of him last year. Here is hoping he will remember who wanted him when no one else did. Now that his ranking has bumped up, expect a few bigger schools to come calling here at the 11th hour, including Super Mario and the Canes.
The Canes appear to be our biggest competition for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 06:17:56 PM »
The Canes appear to be our biggest competition for him.

There would be zero appeal for me as a Cfb player to play in front of 10-15k people in a stadium that holds 80k. When the other option is jhs. That’s with my ob goggles off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 10:19:19 AM »
update here on this kid: as expected, as soon as he got his ratings bump on all the major services 2 days ago, major programs took notice. Florida is now firmly in the hunt for Pyburn and he is now taking an official visit to Gainesville this weekend. UF is the closest major school to where Pyburn is located - about 75 miles from his school to Florida's campus. They will most certainly roll out the red carpet for him and put on the ritz. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 10:21:52 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE