Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Irony of Stupidity

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Irony of Stupidity
« on: January 13, 2022, 02:29:55 PM »
I copy/pasta'd this piece from Fox News. Honestly, sometimes, it's just best to keep your dumbass pie hole zipped up.  He's dogging an Alabama education, by using a made up word, "stigmatism", and "it ain't" and "it ain't".  Oh, and Mr. Tippytoes, I guess there ain't no I in team, right? I sure wouldn't want to be known as a team player who won national championships. 

The No. 2 overall player in the recruiting class of 2019, Kayvon Thibodeaux had his pick of nearly every school to play college football.

Thibodeaux fielded offers from the likes of Alabama, Florida State and Florida, before committing to Oregon. Thibodeaux sat down with FOX Sports’ Joel Klatt Wednesday and revealed why he didn’t go to Alabama.

"Do you know the stigmatism of Alabama education? It ain’t the West Coast," Thibodeaux said. "It ain’t Harvard."

Thibodeaux meant to say "stigma", not "stigmatism" or "astigmatism" (a common imperfection in the eye’s curvature).

The top player in the 2022 NFL Draft continued, saying head coach Nick Saban’s recruiting pitch didn’t mesh with him. The pitch, according to Thibodeaux, was that players want to play when they think they’re ready, not when Saban thinks they’re ready.

To this date, every single one of Saban’s recruiting classes at Alabama has won a National Championship. Thibodeaux said that while that’s important, he had his sights on the bigger picture.

"You know what I sat back and thought about? I sat back and said what world do I want to be a part of? I said if I go to Alabama, I’m going to win national championships, literally," Thibodeaux said. "But do I want to be a guy who’s known as a national championship winner or do I want to be a guy who’s known for being a part of the greatest organization in the world?"

In his mind, that organization is Nike, which has a stronghold on Oregon. Nike owner Phil Knight is an Oregon alumnus and donates millions each year to the university. The worldwide brand was just too much for Thibodeaux to turn down, as it is for many athletes.

Oregon Ducks defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux (5) looks on after a college football game between the Oregon Ducks and the UCLA Bruins played on October 23, 2021 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA.
Oregon Ducks defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux (5) looks on after a college football game between the Oregon Ducks and the UCLA Bruins played on October 23, 2021 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. (Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

"What people don’t realize is that football is an American sport," Thibodeaux said. "So, no matter how great Alabama is, you only play football in America, Canada and a couple other places. But a brand like Nike, I mean, for me it was like what brand associations do I want to be tied to?"

While Thibodeaux never reached the mountain top in Eugene, he did star on the Ducks’ defense for three seasons. Thibodeaux recorded 19 sacks and 35.5 tackles for loss in 30 games for the Ducks. He was a two-time First-Team All-Pro in the Pac 12 (2020-21) and an unanimous All-American (2021).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The Irony of Stupidity
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 02:43:26 PM »
I ain’t never heered of him.  I guess ain’t nobody done told him just waring a Nike shirt don’t make him no part of the oragamazation.  Alabama ain’t got no good edumacation to speak of no how but orgeron aint bizzactly Ivied Leege neither.  They ain’t nern but some scruff beard commie fuks.  An way more racis then south folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Irony of Stupidity
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 09:25:09 PM »
Greg McElroy called him out on it:

"I'd like to show him the offers, because I would be willing to bet that Harvard didn't offer him," McElroy said. "I think they probably would have taken him, but Harvard did offer me — as did Yale, as did Princeton, as did almost every Ivy League school along with Duke, Stanford, Northwestern and Vanderbilt. And I chose Alabama, so put 'er there Kayvon Thibodeaux."

If you are going to go all "elitist prick" and down people for being dumb......you might not should be dumb yourself.

Dude thinks Oregon is some beacon of Ivy League-ness now or something? Just for reference, Oregon is tied with Auburn academically, a hair below Bama, and behind both UGA and UF. Fuk this dude and his "stigmatism".

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:32:05 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE