Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pre-Dick-Shuns Week A

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Pre-Dick-Shuns Week A
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2021, 04:05:30 PM »
Finebaum had an LSU beat writer on yesterday.  When asked how he thought they'd do this year, he starts with, "They're as talented as anybody in the country...."  WTF???  No, they're not!  In 2019, they had a solid defense and a huge, experienced O-Line.  What was as talented as anyone in the country was Joe Fucking Burrow, Clyde Edwards Eclaire and that bunch of stud receivers. They have nothing like that on this squad and Ed Orgeron doesn't have Joe Fucking Brady designing plays in the passing game.

I think I'm gonna' head down to Baton Rude this October and represent while we beat that ass.
Lemme know how that goes.

Should I bring bail money or a sponge to mop your remains off of I-12?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2021, 04:38:12 PM »
Lemme know how that goes.

Should I bring bail money or a sponge to mop your remains off of I-12?
Red Stick is our bitch!!!

Wait.......what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2021, 10:08:04 PM »
UCF
Dillon Gabriel is no Nick Marshall.
The first scripted drive looked great until the 100 yard pick six.

We will see if the same ole Gus shows up.
I saw a miracle. Short crossing route to the tight end for a 20 yard touchdown.
Defense looks like a no tackling AU defense. They did get better. Big Kat looked good against a weaker opponent and Domio made some plays.

I swear I thought I was watching AU from the past. More talent but coached horribly.
Gus got lucky again.

I am so glad he is gone.

36-31 with :15 left and he had to punt it. Again cannot close a game out on offense.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 01:24:43 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Pre-richard-Shuns Week A
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2021, 06:08:30 AM »
I swear that the older you get, the more harsh and uncaring you seem. Sani would be so proud, were he still alive.
Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2021, 06:09:12 AM »

I think I'm gonna' head down to Baton Rude this October and represent while we beat that ass.
Let me tell you what you should do to their trucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2021, 10:41:29 AM »
Let me tell you what you should do to their trucks.
^How to become legendary. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2021, 07:01:28 AM »
UCF
Dillon Gabriel is no Nick Marshall.
The first scripted drive looked great until the 100 yard pick six.

We will see if the same ole Gus shows up.
I saw a miracle. Short crossing route to the tight end for a 20 yard touchdown.
Defense looks like a no tackling AU defense. They did get better. Big Kat looked good against a weaker opponent and Domio made some plays.

I swear I thought I was watching AU from the past. More talent but coached horribly.
Gus got lucky again.

I am so glad he is gone.

36-31 with :15 left and he had to punt it. Again cannot close a game out on offense.
All of that ^^ how many times did auburn win where we felt we really lost? That was the ucf game. That rollercoaster ride. That ineptness 80% of the game. That 20% “oh my god were down 21 we gotta do something fast” street ball, heave it up to anyone and hope it works bullshit. Yes I’m glad he is their problem now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2021, 11:32:19 AM »
All of that ^^ how many times did auburn win where we felt we really lost? That was the ucf game. That rollercoaster ride. That ineptness 80% of the game. That 20% “oh my god were down 21 we gotta do something fast” street ball, heave it up to anyone and hope it works bullshit. Yes I’m glad he is their problem now.
And there are Auburn fans out there congratulating Gus for a great game?
I am SO glad he is gone!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2021, 01:48:11 PM »
And there are Auburn fans out there congratulating Gus for a great game?
I am SO glad he is gone!
Awww. I’m so happy for him and Travis.  So glad they won. 

No.  Fuck you. And fuck them. I do not root for cancer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2021, 02:22:28 PM »
Where’s the beer being drank today?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2021, 11:02:28 PM »
All BS aside, yes, that was Akron. But, damn. That was impressive.

Granted, I am a brain damaged man. But, that makes me tingle. On both sides of the foosball. Just….damn. Like Hadley has been here 3 years. I’m sold. This mofo can deal, jack.

PS, Kaos, do you happen to know the Fhope vs Daphne score?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2021, 12:14:37 AM »
Bad opponent.  First game and they executed flawlessly.  Can’t ask for more.  Does it prove anything?  It does in the sense that teams have a totally different Auburn to prepare for.  Another cupcake to fine tune before heading up to Pedo Stadium.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2021, 09:47:34 PM »
Bad opponent.  First game and they executed flawlessly.  Can’t ask for more.  Does it prove anything?  It does in the sense that teams have a totally different Auburn to prepare for.  Another cupcake to fine tune before heading up to Pedo Stadium.
As godfather said yesterday, with Gus the goober that game is probably like Mercer a few years ago - 20-10 heading into the 4th with starters still in. I like what I saw. And I mean more than the cheerleader pics I sent to several of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2021, 01:50:42 PM »
Yes, the opponent was astoundingly inept.  Yes, this is the sort of game wherein Auburn should empty the bench.  That said, there were still a lot of things to like about what we saw Saturday:

1) QB1 is named Nix and that battle with Finley couldn't have been remotely close.  Finley looks the part and throws a dart, but he's slow and inaccurate for now.  Bo looked confident, calm and completely in charge.  The only thing preventing a perfect day was Kobe Hudson (on a slight overthrow that he gave no effort to catch and another pass right in his hands.)  Still 20/22, 275, 3/0 is a pretty nice outing...in a half and three minutes.

2) Bo was assisted in his solid outing by an OL that allowed 2 TFLs, 1 QB hurry and 0 sacks.  A quality day by the beef up front. 

3) The other factor in keeping Bo's jersey clean, and due in large part to item #2, was the RB play.  Tank and Worm are known entities (I submit that Shivers may be the hardest hitter on this team...no disrespect to Nos. 9 and 0), and it is bringing me some measure of relief to see Hunter & Jackson look capable with the rock.  As a group, they rushed for 10.5 ypc and 275 yards.

4) Not to be lost in the shuffle, the WR corps decided to show out a bit.  Bo spread the ball to 9 different receivers, including...and you might want to sit when you read this...FIVE PASSES TO A TIGHT END!  I mean, we might get a NOI because I'm not certain that's a legal strategy.

5) Turnovers can take the wind out of an otherwise beautiful sail, but not a single offensive player coughed up the ball yesterday.  Of concern, however, is that the defense failed to capitalize on 4 Akron fumbles and our vaunted secondary failed to produce a pick.

6) Defense...we knew they were talented, but they seem to have a different energy this year.  My armchair theory: they know that they no longer have to drag an under-performing offense across the finish line every week.  The D Line was active and deep.  This group has gone from a question mark to a strength in my book.  Snags tried to temper my enthusiasm by reminding me of the opponent, but the light seems to have suddenly come on for TD Moultry.  He was running sideline to sideline and if he loafed any, I certainly missed it.  Seemed like a far cry from the player we all knew and loathed.

7) Overall team look/energy: I gotta give 'em an A+.  Maybe it's the honeymoon phase with the new staff or just the joy of pounding a cupcake into submission, but the team looked like they were having fun and supporting each other.  Also, underrated is that fact that the team incurred 3 penalties for 25 yards...helluva a polished look for a season opener.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2021, 11:01:13 AM »
TD had 7 tackles, 3 TFL and one sack.  My beef with him has been he just plain looked slow.  Harvinz said after the game he’s “got that motor”, which to me, means he’s relentless.  I hope the light came on for the guy.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2021, 11:34:41 AM »
TD had 7 tackles, 3 TFL and one sack.  My beef with him has been he just plain looked slow.  Harvinz said after the game he’s “got that motor”, which to me, means he’s relentless.  I hope the light came on for the guy. 
He didn't look slow Saturday.  Like a different guy altogether.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2021, 02:42:58 PM »
This
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2021, 04:06:11 PM »

We have coaches now.....that are coaching. It's crazy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2021, 04:10:37 PM »
We have coaches now.....that are coaching. It's crazy.
INCONCEIVABLE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2021, 02:44:45 PM »
It's a pay article, but the quote in the tweet seems relevant:

https://twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/1435659625320390656
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions