Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Daddy Bowden

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Daddy Bowden
« on: July 21, 2021, 05:28:24 PM »
Just saw an article that said Bobby Bowden's family announced he has a terminal illness.  They didn't disclose the condition, asking for privacy.  Always liked Bowden.  Pre-Jameis Captain Crablegs Winston, FSU was kind of my second team after Auburn. Went to a lot of games in the Hassee'.  Hate it for him, but he is 91, so you can't really feel too bad for someone having that long and full a life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Daddy Bowden
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 08:17:31 PM »
Kind of like you snags. You’re almost that old too. Death could be coming soon. Your creaking back and forgetting things. You know it’s coming. And at the end of the day though you lived a long caring life full of suing the piggly wiggly and going to rasslin matches at the vfw. Some would argue that you are the luckiest man on earth. . 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 01:01:52 AM »
Just saw an article that said Bobby Bowden's family announced he has a terminal illness.  They didn't disclose the condition, asking for privacy.  Always liked Bowden.  Pre-Jameis Captain Crablegs Winston, FSU was kind of my second team after Auburn. Went to a lot of games in the Hassee'.  Hate it for him, but he is 91, so you can't really feel too bad for someone having that long and full a life.
Pancreatic cancer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 01:30:07 PM »
Bowden is a good man and top notch football coach as far as I’m concerned. Who else do you know who was offered both the Auburn and Alabama jobs?

He was smart to take neither. 

Free shoes university? Fuck yes. You don’t go from being Troy State to a perennial power. I saw it happen. I had two friends who played there. One pre and one post daddy B.

So? He wasn’t the first.

He is a legend and he has been a wonderful representative for the game. Not without fault or controversy. But the good far outweighs the bad. And I think he’s sincere about his faith.

May he ride it out easy. I’ll alway be a fan of his.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Token

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 12:03:39 AM »
Bowden always reminded me of the play stealing coach on the water boy.  Never liked him or FSU but sucks that he has to go in pain. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 12:26:40 AM »
Bowden always reminded me of the play stealing coach on the water boy.  Never liked him or FSU but sucks that he has to go in pain.
I never hated him, though.   

I thought he was dirty. I thought the cornpone and collards schtick was phony.  But he was also battling the second most corrupt criminal enterprise in the history of college football.  How anybody could compete with the cocaine cowboys of south florida and NOT be a little dirty is hard to imagine.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 08:25:03 AM »
I never hated him, though. 

I thought he was dirty. I thought the cornpone and collards schtick was phony.  But he was also battling the second most corrupt criminal enterprise in the history of college football.  How anybody could compete with the cocaine cowboys of south florida and NOT be a little dirty is hard to imagine. 
Agreed.  Thought he overplayed the aww shucks shit way too much but I always respected him and especially after I heard him on Finebum one afternoon.  

This is back when Spurrier was whipping everybody by 50 points a game and FSU had just been on the receiving end of one of those.  Baldie started trying to stir shit and goad Bowden into saying it was poor sportsmanship to run the score up and Bowden shut him down and told him it was Spurrier's job to score points and his job to keep him from doing so and he had not done his job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."