Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TJ Finley

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: TJ Finley
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2021, 03:22:35 PM »
hopefully this will be the end of Captain Bo Nix.  or maybe a court marshal. 

i don't disagree Nix retracted under Gus...history as sent ripples through the program to show Gus' ability to fuck shit up. 

my unknown is Nix really all that for a Power 5 conference. 
He bona fide

He's Patrick Fucking Nix' boy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2021, 05:05:20 PM »
I'm not ready to give up on Bo.  He was vastly underserved by the prior regime. 

That said, if he's the clipboard holder after some actual competition, then so be it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2021, 05:37:01 PM »

That said, if he's the clipboard holder after some actual competition, then so be it.
Love ya, Boo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2021, 10:24:02 AM »

If he’s not starting he’s going to break the transporter lever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2021, 08:25:19 PM »
I'm gonna disagree. 

The kid's got a huge, massive, explosive arm and one of the sweetest ball releases I've seen in a while.  His mechanics are at least as good as Nix and when I saw him play, he was willing to do the one thing Nix seems incapable of doing -- using the pocket. 

I don't know where his head is, but Finley's got significant potential.  I'm not sure what LSU was doing with him after he got thrown into the fire.  Their game plan didn't seem to play into his strengths.  Played in five games, completed 57% of his passes for just shy of 1000 yards.  Five TD, five picks.  QBR 118.  Pretty close to the same performance you got from Nix on average.

Consider that he was an 18 year old, tossed into the mix when the starter went down and it wasn't the trainwreck you probably think you remember.  Somewhere on this board is my take on his first start.  He cut South Carolina apart, leading LSU to 52 points.  You remember the Gameroosters?  Nix was awesome against them throwing three interceptions in a loss. 

I'd be glad to have him on board.  Maybe he pushes Nix, because honestly he's sitting there knowing that he can throw the football straight into the ground on 24 consecutive plays and then take an 82-yard backward scramble loss and he's still in the game.  There's nobody off the bench to challenge him. 

Kaos.  Again. 

Y’all better recognize
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2021, 09:28:03 PM »
Kaos.  Again. 

Y’all better recognize

What did he do that didn’t look like just a taller Nix?
A QB cannot play with that same intensity for four quarters. After a quarter of running for his life, he’ll look just like Bo.
He did a great job on that last drive, but the other drives give you an idea of what he is.
Let them fight it out during practice. Play the hot one and pull his ass quick if the job is not getting done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2021, 11:56:56 PM »
What did he do that didn’t look like just a taller Nix?
A QB cannot play with that same intensity for four quarters. After a quarter of running for his life, he’ll look just like Bo.
He did a great job on that last drive, but the other drives give you an idea of what he is.
Let them fight it out during practice. Play the hot one and pull his ass quick if the job is not getting done.

I disagree.  Completely. 

Gus ruined Bo.  What is fucked can't be unfucked. 

The other drives?  He had AU moving and headed in to score way before but somebody other than him fumbled.

I don't dislike Nix.  Some of this is not his fault.  If he'd stayed in the game we'd be sitting here looking at the most humiliating loss in Auburn football history.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2021, 11:59:24 PM »
Finley missed as many easy ass throws in his short time as Nix did the whole game.  But having said that, Nix is what he is.  He’s wildly inaccurate and nothing is going to fix that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2021, 12:34:28 AM »
Finley missed as many easy ass throws in his short time as Nix did the whole game.  But having said that, Nix is what he is.  He’s wildly inaccurate and nothing is going to fix that.

He was yanked off the bench, where he'd been sitting around re-braiding his hair, and thrown into a game that was, at the time he entered, a lost cause. 

It took him a few minutes to settle down.  Did he miss some?  Yeah.  He missed some.  But it took a while to get control of things.   Once he settled in, he also made a handful of throws Nix can't make.  He throws right now like his shoulder is ruined.  He's shotputting the ball. Nothing on it. 

I'm not a Nix hater.  But I said when Finley signed/switched he had a lot of raw talent. I said he could challenge Nix. I said he'd step up in the pocket and make plays. 

Said it once, will say it again.  Nix plays all four quarters?  We're sitting here tonight bleeding from the mouth, trying to make sense of the most humiliating loss in the history of the program. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2021, 12:18:56 PM »
 :oh: "We all know what has to happen." LOL. The kid took care of bidness.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2021, 02:50:35 PM »
I'm not sure what happened, but the entire offense was out of synch with Nix in.  Receivers couldn't catch shit, Tank looks half the man he used to be...Hunter and Shenker seem to be the only consistent bright spots.

That said, K is right, after he shook off the surprise entry into a losing effort, Finley looked in command.  He tends to throw too hard sometimes, but he was still hitting our mostly stone-handed WR corps right in their drop-mitts.

The most frustrating guy on the team is Kobe Fucking Hudson.  Flashes of brilliance marred by complete dipshitted dumbfuckery most of the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2021, 12:41:58 PM »
I'm not sure what happened, but the entire offense was out of synch with Nix in.  Receivers couldn't catch shoot, Tank looks half the man he used to be...Hunter and Shenker seem to be the only consistent bright spots.

That said, K is right, after he shook off the surprise entry into a losing effort, Finley looked in command.  He tends to throw too hard sometimes, but he was still hitting our mostly stone-handed WR corps right in their drop-mitts.

The most frustrating guy on the team is Kobe fudgeing Hudson.  Flashes of brilliance marred by complete dipshootted dumbfudgeery most of the time.

Apparently, it was all the WR Coach's fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2021, 12:58:30 PM »

Its a lot of it yes.

Not just in game but philosophical and development. Were not at practices and seeing the things the Head Guy is seeing. I know this.....the guy replacing him has done nothing but produce high powered offenses and was a Broyles Award finalist last year. He's replacing a lifelong Sun Belt/Conf USA coach whose unit produced hardly anything this year and he's made zero improvement on the recruiting trail from Kodi Burns. There was also a ton of disagreement over who should be on the field vs who should be on the bench. 

Every position on the field now gets graded - and our WR corps is the worst by that measurable standard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
CCTAU,
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2021, 01:58:47 PM »
I can't say his name without craving a 99 cent Chicken Italian.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
AUTailgatingRules,Ogre,
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2021, 02:40:48 PM »
I remember that time against Georgia State that the WR coach decided to coach the Defensive line too!  To Coarch Corn! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
AUJarhead,
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2021, 03:45:38 PM »
Its a lot of it yes.

Not just in game but philosophical and development. Were not at practices and seeing the things the Head Guy is seeing. I know this.....the guy replacing him has done nothing but produce high powered offenses and was a Broyles Award finalist last year. He's replacing a lifelong Sun Belt/Conf USA coach whose unit produced hardly anything this year and he's made zero improvement on the recruiting trail from Kodi Burns. There was also a ton of disagreement over who should be on the field vs who should be on the bench. 

Every position on the field now gets graded - and our WR corps is the worst by that measurable standard.

Harsin has a pretty long leash in my book.  At least 3 years...barring some Chad Morris/Arky collapse.  He gets the benefit of the doubt.  When he starts canning his guys, then he's buying time and will be suspect.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Buzz Killington,
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2021, 03:46:20 PM »
I can't say his name without craving a 99 cent Chicken Italian.

$0.79 during my stint on the Plains.  Pre-Glenn/Dean location.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2021, 04:04:41 PM »
Harsin has a pretty long leash in my book.  At least 3 years...barring some Chad Morris/Arky collapse.  He gets the benefit of the doubt.  When he starts canning his guys, then he's buying time and will be suspect.

Its why most think there is more to it than simply "coach wasn't performing". By that measure - yes you are right - many aren't performing. But how any of them "not performing" are not on board with the general direction and consensus of the rest of the staff/team?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2021, 04:37:44 PM »
Its why most think there is more to it than simply "coach wasn't performing". By that measure - yes you are right - many aren't performing. But how any of them "not performing" are not on board with the general direction and consensus of the rest of the staff/team?

I'm confused.  Was CW one of "his" guys?

...and if they're not "on board" then why the fuck did they show up on campus?  A little early for a mutiny and I've seen nothing to indicate one is warranted (ie - practice fights, general police blotter activity...).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2021, 04:59:24 PM »
I'm confused.  Was CW one of "his" guys?

...and if they're not "on board" then why the fudge did they show up on campus?  A little early for a mutiny and I've seen nothing to indicate one is warranted (ie - practice fights, general police blotter activity...).
CW was not one of "his" guys.  Werd on the skreet was that some folks on the inside were high on his ability to 'cruit.  There's a reason Harsin had his former OC in an administrative role and had him "working alongside" Williams throughout the spring and fall camps.  This weekend was the perfect opportunity to put the wheels in motion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.