Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TJ Finley

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: TJ Finley
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2021, 09:25:29 AM »
You know you want it.
You guys should take this off line. This is sickening to me. I don’t care if it is legal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2021, 02:45:46 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2021, 02:50:50 PM »
In case you missed it, TJ Finley committed to the University of Auburn this morning.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/tj-finley-transfer-former-lsu-starting-quarterback-reveals-auburn-as-destination-ahead-of-2021-season/
I'm ambivalaquent about it.  As I said before, I would never turn down a physical freak like this guy.  But, it tells me that Co Hargrinz doesn't think that much of Mr. Nix.  It also means you can be 100% certain that one of the other QB's will now enter the Transfunctioner.  Hopefully not Dematrius Davis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2021, 03:02:20 PM »
This is interesting if only for the competition. This is gonna be a long year, folks. Might as well buckle in and hope they use the lube this time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2021, 03:11:45 PM »
This is interesting if only for the competition. This is gonna be a long year, folks. Might as well buckle in and hope they use the lube this time.
Probably, but the schedule is about as good as we could hope for.  With so many additions on the D through the Transfunctioner, I'm getting a little more optimistic every day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2021, 04:21:03 PM »
I'm ambivalaquent about it.  As I said before, I would never turn down a physical freak like this guy.  But, it tells me that Co Hargrinz doesn't think that much of Mr. Nix.  It also means you can be 100% certain that one of the other QB's will now enter the Transfunctioner.  Hopefully not Dematrius Davis.
I don't think it was a move for this season at all honestly.  There was a huge gap between Nix and Davis that The Malron never could fill.  I think this gives Coach Hamsammich 2 possibilities for next season as starters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2021, 04:21:33 PM »
I'm going to have to say no, you're wrong.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2021, 04:36:48 PM »
I'm stoked about this D, something I had zero warm, moist fuzzies about only a few months ago.

First off, Co Pitman put the beef on these guys, and the big uglies in the trenches who got pushed around last season, should be able to do some pushing back.  And when you add guys like Lee Hunter (6'5" 321 Freshman), Marcus Harris (6'3" 288 Transfer from KU) and Tony Fair (6'3" 330 Transfer from UAB)....along with Andrew Leota (6'4" 250 Transfer from NW) it looks like we'll be able to rotate a bunch of quality foosball players across the front.

Our linebackers are as good as any in the country, bar none.  Don't know how much depth we have, but ZMac, Pappoe and now, Chandler Wooten, will light bitches up.

DB is where things get real.  I thought we would be pretty good back there with a lot of experience returning in Smoke, Roger McCreary, Nehemiah Pritchett (25 tackles), Jaylin Simpson etc.  But now, you add Dreshun Miller (WVU), Donovan Kaufman (Vandy) and Bydarrius Knighten (3 year starter at SE Missouri State), all three of which are bad asses, you'll have guys fighting for playing time.  From what I just read, Kaufman may start at corner right away.

The piece I read also said that other than maybe the LB from Texas A&M, (Forgot his name) Harvinz is most likely done on D.  It said look to add one name from the portal for each room.  QB just got checked off. Look for one RB, WR and O-Lineman to finish off the roster for 2021.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2021, 04:40:50 PM »
I don't think it was a move for this season at all honestly.  There was a huge gap between Nix and Davis that The Malron never could fill.  I think this gives Coach Hamsammich 2 possibilities for next season as starters.
I like the way you think much better than the way I think.  Except for the runner on second to start extra innings.  I don't like the way you think there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2021, 11:28:33 PM »
I agree. I don’t thin TJ will start next season. But I do think if things go south or Nix gets hurt, we will actually still be competitive. I could see him start some next year and then be the man after that. then again, Nix my have one of those stubbier games and corch harbinger might be quick with the hook 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2021, 07:52:35 AM »
I'm going to have to say no, you're wrong. 

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 08:06:38 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2021, 10:39:09 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2021, 10:43:00 AM »
No.  It's simple mechanics.

Mechanics won't mean jack if the o line is as bad as it was at times last year. Auburn made Finley look like Clint Moseley. We all know Bo Nix's one move when the pocket collapses (or he thinks it's collapsing) - roll right and fling it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 10:45:15 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2021, 10:52:28 AM »
I like the way you think much better than the way I think.  Except for the runner on second to start extra innings.  I don't like the way you think there.
It's tough being a 10%er
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2021, 12:54:38 PM »
Mechanics won't mean jack if the o line is as bad as it was at times last year. Auburn made Finley look like Clint Moseley. We all know Bo Nix's one move when the pocket collapses (or he thinks it's collapsing) - roll right and fling it.
I'll admit it was bad.  

It was also frustrating as FUCK (the limited amount I watched) to see Nix spin and roll out when he could very easily have taken a step forward and used that second or two to give our receivers a chance to break coverage. 

Oh, who am I kidding on that?  Our receivers got even less quality coaching than Nix.  The routes were abysmal and ridiculously sloppy.  A ten-yard route could be eight, eleven, six, or fifteen yards.  There was some quality talent there, but it was so poorly taught that it had no chance. 

That still doesn't excuse Nix for flatly refusing to play quarterback and step up into the pocket, set his feet and throw.  For all Finley's assumed faults, I at least saw him do that. He was, in high school, getting better coaching than Gus provided Nix.  When Finley chose (or had to) to run, it wasn't eighteen yards back and in a big ass circle.  He went forward.... Because he'd stepped up and the pursuit was behind him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2021, 02:43:26 PM »
It's not a Nix thing.  It's a Gus thing.  He did exactly what he was coached to do.  Remember, Stidham did the exact same thing.  

If that's too engrained in his psyche and he pulls that shit this year, sit him and play the big kid from the Bayou.

My only two problems where Nix is concerned are 1.) he's just not very accurate at all.  Don't know how to fix it, and B.) He refuses to eat it when it does break down.  He's far more apt to sling an underhand pass 20 feet up in the air while parallel to the ground than just take the damn sack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2021, 06:35:00 AM »
B.) He refuses to eat it when it does break down.  He's far more apt to sling an underhand pass 20 feet up in the air while parallel to the ground than just take the damn sack.
What I hear you saying is that you would like young sweaty men on the ground eating it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2021, 06:55:53 AM »
It's not a Nix thing.  It's a Gus thing.  He did exactly what he was coached to do.  Remember, Stidham did the exact same thing. 

If that's too engrained in his psyche and he pulls that shit this year, sit him and play the big kid from the Bayou.

My only two problems where Nix is concerned are 1.) he's just not very accurate at all.  Don't know how to fix it, and B.) He refuses to eat it when it does break down.  He's far more apt to sling an underhand pass 20 feet up in the air while parallel to the ground than just take the damn sack.
That^^. Mostly.

im no huge fam of what nix is right now. I watched him in the 6A title game on a cold day in December of 2018 at jhs before the 7A game. He looked the part of a sure fire thing as much as I’ve seen in person. Maybe not Trevor Lawrence or Tim Tebow type hype but he was good. His mechanics were good. Decision making was good. He has absolutely regressed under two years of gustard.

with Finley - I’m willing to give him The same benefit of the doubt. K mentioned earlier in this thread the cons he had on his side with that gutted team. I also still have a bad taste for ensminger.

id like to give both nix and finley a fresh start with harsin and Bobo - who I think of much higher collectively than Gus and Ensminger. And their re-development May not happen overnight.

But the great thing here is coming out of high school we know they were super talented with the tools. They will push each other. If nothing else, I like that aspect of this move.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 06:58:17 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2021, 08:47:30 AM »
id like to give both nix and finley a fresh start with harsin and Bobo - who I think of much higher collectively than Gus and Ensminger. And their re-development May not happen overnight.
Bobo knows how to get the most out of quarterbacks.  Neither Gus nor Ensminger realize there are more routes than the bubble screen or the go route.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2021, 01:20:51 PM »
hopefully this will be the end of Captain Bo Nix.  or maybe a court marshal.   

i don't disagree Nix retracted under Gus...history as sent ripples through the program to show Gus' ability to fuck shit up.  

my unknown is Nix really all that for a Power 5 conference.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions