Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

10 Hafta Tahminleri

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
10 Hafta Tahminleri
« on: November 24, 2020, 11:07:36 AM »
Rivalry week is upon us.  Well, in this Rona-ridden year, it’s as much of a rivalry week as you’re going to get.  Of course, the Iron Bowl is always one of the greatest and most storied rivalries in all of sports.  Obviously though, the Egg Bowl is neck and neck in the rivalry category.  Who doesn’t want to watch a couple of shitty Mississippi teams battle like two Care Bears pillow fighting?  The anticipation is killing me.  As always, there are some intriguing story lines with other games in-conference and around the country.  Iowa State is actually leading the Big 12 and travel to play the Longhorns.  If the Clones’ beat Texas, is it Herman out and Urban in?  Hmmm…  Speaking of Care Bears fighting, Tennessee goes to Vandy.  The Dores are playing just as competitively as the Vols.  Would Vandy getting it’s one and only win of the season make the Cheetos Nation’s heads collectively explode?  Me thinks it would.  A game with national implications has the Fighting Irish going to play the Tarheels.  UNC’s quarterback is pretty damn skippy, and an upset wouldn’t surprise me at all. 

Mississippi State vs. Ole Miss:  Can’t say anyone saw the Bulldogs’ performance against FUGA coming.  With so many players out for MSU, it was a name your score type affair.  Came down to the wire before the Ugly Mutts got the win. I don’t think this one will be that competitive.

Ole Miss:  38

Miss. State:  17

Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt:  Vandy rolled up some stats on Go Gaytah last weekend.  Had the lead for a while.  The Vols have nothing to play for except getting a new QB some experience.  They will actually sit Guantangeronimo for this one….right?  I really want to see the torches and pitch forks come out for the Lord Saybinz disciple.

Vandy:  28

Vols:  27

Auburn vs. Alabama:  Listening to all the talking heads would make you think this one will be over 5 minutes into the first quarter.  25 point underdogs pretty much sums up the amount of respect we’re getting.  I heard one “analyst” this morning proclaiming that Tennessee absolutely dominated Auburn, but lost because they simply found a way to make enough mistakes to lose again.  I actually think we give the Mahty Tahd a run for a while…..IF…..and it’s not the if you think. IF….Tank is healthy, along with our two starting tackles, Nefarious Ham and Turnstile Jackson. I have no idea about the status of any of them; however, Gus did say they’ll look at it towards the end of the week, which will be a great week of practice, by the way.  They’re getting better and the future is bright.

Bama is a scoring machine.  Huge, experienced line and top shelf skillz players at every position.  Their D is solid but not one that attacks.  Even in a 60 point blowout, Kentucky moved the ball up and down the field early on.  I honestly don’t think our D can hang unless we get some turnovers, like last year.  If those guys mentioned earlier are healthy and MalMorris has a decent game play calling, I believe between Bo, Tank, Seth, Flash, Eli and company, we can put some nice numbers on the board.  But in the end….

Bama:  42

Auburn:  28

Feel free to post your prognostifications, but as always, stay 6 feet apart, wear a condom and thoroughly wash your hands and all surfaces with hot water and an anti-bacterial soap after handling raw chicken, per CDC guidelines.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: 10 Hafta Tahminleri
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 11:22:35 AM »
Not enough points in the Egg Bowl. Ole Miss can't stop a team of grandmas with walkers. Miss. State's offense isn't special but they should find some room. I still like Lane's boys though.
Ole Miss 41
Miss. State 31

Vols-Vandy has been changed to Vandy-Missouri. Ain't COVID scheduling grand?

Ironless Bowl
Alabama has been on an absolute tear this season. Leading the league in scoring offense and scoring defense is no small thing. Part of that is aided by the fact that the Crimson Tide hasn't been pushed by an opposing offense yet this season. Auburn's offense has a tendency to be up and down but make no mistake, the Tigers have speed and playmakers that can turn a game into a track meet quickly. Auburn's bend don't break defense will face the toughest challenge they've seen all year in the assorted playmakers Alabama deploys. Auburn's best chance in this is to repeat last year's plan of drawing Alabama into a shootout. While Alabama can certainly do this, their best bet is to pound the football with RB Najee Harris as the Tigers have surrendered more against the run this season than previous years. I do think Auburn will play their best game but that's not going to be enough against the best team in the country.

Alabama 41, Auburn 34
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 11:25:37 AM »
Not enough points in the Egg Bowl. Ole Miss can't stop a team of grandmas with walkers. Miss. State's offense isn't special but they should find some room. I still like Lane's boys though.
Ole Miss 41
Miss. State 31

Ironless Bowl
Alabama has been on an absolute tear this season. Leading the league in scoring offense and scoring defense is no small thing. Part of that is aided by the fact that the Crimson Tide hasn't been pushed by an opposing offense yet this season. Auburn's offense has a tendency to be up and down but make no mistake, the Tigers have speed and playmakers that can turn a game into a track meet quickly. Auburn's bend don't break defense will face the toughest challenge they've seen all year in the assorted playmakers Alabama deploys. Auburn's best chance in this is to repeat last year's plan of drawing Alabama into a shootout. While Alabama can certainly do this, their best bet is to pound the football with RB Najee Harris as the Tigers have surrendered more against the run this season than previous years. I do think Auburn will play their best game but that's not going to be enough against the best team in the country.

Alabama 41, Auburn 34
Well shit!  Hadn't heard that.  Never mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 11:59:40 AM »
Ole Miss 41
Miss. State 31

Ironless Bowl

Alabama 41, Auburn 34
That's a lot of confidence in Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 12:08:24 PM »
That's a lot of confidence in Gus.
Damn it, man.  The future is bright.  We had a good week of practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 12:52:39 PM »
Damn it, man.  The future is bright.  We had a good week of practice.
Are we scary close?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 12:53:43 PM »
I will be astonished if anything other than getting the shit kicked out of us happens. Keeping it in single digits would amaze me. 

If Mac catches the China virus and the crotch rot and Devonte and Naji come out of the closet and quit? Yeah, they still beat the shit out of us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 02:54:22 PM »
Alabama is 3rd in the nation in total offense. scoring right at 49 a game.  Their D gives up 19.3 a game, aided by holding UK to 3 this past Saturday.  Kentucky was down quite a few key players for that contest.

Auburn is just a hair under 29 points a game, while giving up 22.  Similar defensive stats but obviously, finding some way to stay out of a track meet is the only way to compete.  Desperately need about 3 turnovers.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 03:05:29 PM »
Alabama is 3rd in the nation in total offense. scoring right at 49 a game.  Their D gives up 19.3 a game, aided by holding UK to 3 this past Saturday.  Kentucky was down quite a few key players for that contest.

Auburn is just a hair under 29 points a game, while giving up 22.  Similar defensive stats but obviously, finding some way to stay out of a track meet is the only way to compete.  Desperately need about 3 turnovers. 
Desperately need a forfeit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 03:27:03 PM »
Here we go Covid, here we go....clap clap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 04:29:39 PM »
I believe that's what happened. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.