Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

7-Shu-Me No Yosoku

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
7-Shu-Me No Yosoku
« on: November 03, 2020, 04:38:42 PM »
After a stellar 4-0 slate last week, I will once again attempt to impress with some pull-it-out-my-ass predictions.  Most of the SEC is taking a blow this week, with a couple of interesting games still on the schedule.  Obviously, the Muttley/Gusty match up is the marquis contest in our league, with the Fighting Dabos also traveling to the land of Touchdown Jesus.  A lot of sub plots in both contests.  But first:

Tennessee @ Arkansas:  I felt like A&M would handle their bidnezz against the Hogs, and the pretty much did, as far as I can tell.  Honestly didn't get to watch but a few plays of that game, but assuming that's what happened with a double digit win for Aggie.  Both teams come in 2-3, but you still have to feel like Arky continues to have the momentum.  Coming off a couple of dismal years, the boys from Fayettenam remain competitive and realistically should have a winning record.  The Battling Cheetos are headed in a completely different direction, having surrendered 44, 34, and 48 in their last 3 games respectively, all losses.  I think after everything Arky has been through, coming out of this week at 3-3 would feel like Christmas morning.  I think they get it done.

Arkansas:  30

Tennessee:  21

Clemson @ Notre Dame:  Jeff Spiccoli is officially out for what is easily Clemson's biggest game of the year.  If TL was playing, I'd say they cruise to a 15-20 point win.  But that's not the case and the very orange Tigers have to go on the road with a QB named DJ Uigelalodalaheehoo, or some shit.  Highly rated out of HS and physically gifted at 6'5" 245, he got his first start this past weekend against BC.  He wasn't the problem.  Clemson's defense was, finding themselves in a deep hole at half.  Ukalele threw for about 300 and Clemson fought back to win, but it came down to stopping a last minute drive. 

Normally, you would worry about a true freshman getting his second start on the road against ND.  But we're doing the Covid thing and the countless dozens in attendance shouldn't be very intimidating.  I'll still take Clemson here solely on the basis of superior overall speed and talent.

Clemson:  35

Notre Dame:  24

Florida @ Georgia:  I picked Gusty Gaytah to beat Mizzou in a close one.  I was half right.  The reptiles handled that bidnezz and got back on track after a tough loss to A&M a few weeks ago.  The nasty Dogs beat Kentucky with nasty D this past Saturday, but could only manage a couple of scores against the Mildcats.  In addition, the skanky Bulldogs got hit hard by the injury bug, including losing star safety, Richard LeCounte, to injuries in a motorcycle crash after the game Saturday.

The Dogs have owned this series in recent years, winning the last 3.  Florida has the edge at QB, the Percy Harvey speed, and one bad ass tight end that no one can stop. Gaytah isn't all that skippy on D, but I think they'll have enough to keep Georgia in check for the most part.  I'm calling it:

Florida:  28

Georgia:  20

Feel free to participate in hearty discussion, but as always, wear a condom.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: 7-Shu-Me No Yosoku
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 04:41:27 PM »
Arkansas is going to hit a mid-season slump soon.  Their depth is for shit.

Clemson can just run Etienne at ND for 4 quarters and win handily.

Florida will continue to score in bunches and UGA will attempt to establish the run.  Game, blouses jorts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 05:01:26 PM »
I think Arky is just finally coming down to earth.  10RC will be playing for their season in this one.  I think they win by a touchdown or 2.

Clemson wins by 7-10 points

Georgia will win by 10+

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 05:32:21 PM »
I just like the Hogs in this match up.  UT is on a 3 game skid, and it's an ugly skid.  Granted, 2 of the 3 were to Bama and Georgia, but throw in the 34-7 bitch slapping by the Mildcats and it gets even uglier. 

Now that I've said that, UT will win by 20+. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 05:51:52 PM »
Oh yeah, and the PAC 12 starts up this weekend with their 6 or 7 game season.  I don't care other than it means some late, Saturday night foosballz to watch from the left coast if I am so inclined.  I know nothing about them other than Oregon (They're just so fast) is supposed to be pretty good again, even without Justin Herbert.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 08:01:25 AM »
Florida (3-1) vs. Georgia (4-1)
2:30 PM - CBS
Florida's offense is very impressive in how they manufacture a run game by committee coupled with an explosive passing game. The Gators defense is so-so and generally gets the benefit of playing with a lead. Georgia's defense is outstanding and will be the toughest test Florida's faced all season. It's trendy to sell all the stock on the Bulldogs offense. To be fair, they haven't played great, but they haven't really had to either. They can move the ball on the ground and, yes, through the air and should be able to find success against this opponent. Georgia's discipline is going to pay off in this game. Florida is prone to letting their anger get the best of them from time to time and that is going to cost them in a game when it counts. 
Georgia 25, Florida 24

Vanderbilt (0-4) @ Mississippi State (1-4)
3:00 PM - SECN

Maybe the most unwatchable game on the schedule this season featuring two teams desperate for a win. Set aside Mississippi State's throttling from Alabama (everyone is going to get that) and the one thing they have going for them is a decent defense. Vanderbilt isn't good on any side of the ball and isn't likely to figure it out this week. The Bulldogs' woes on offense are likely to continue but they still have enough to sink the Commodores. 
Mississippi State 24, Vanderbilt 13

Texas A&M (4-1) @ South Carolina (2-3)
6:00 PM - ESPN
The most boring team to watch in the SEC meets the team that never fails to come up small when it counts. Yes, I realize those phrases could describe either team here. Truth is Texas A&M is the far better team in this game even if they aren't flashy going about the way they do it. South Carolina has talent on defense but they're offense can't do anything to support them. The Aggies run game should be enough to carry them to victory in a snoozefest. 
Texas A&M 30, South Carolina 16

Tennessee (2-3) @ Arkansas (2-3)
6:30 PM - SECN
Arkansas has been on the verge of several wins only to have victory slip through their fingers like sand. The Hogs are playing inspired football in spite of not having the greatest collection of talent. Tennessee has gone backwards after starting the season with a lot of promise. The Vols offense is incredibly slow to get started and it's costing them games. Another loss in a row for Tennessee would be catastrophic but the truth is, Arkansas is playing better football right now and Sam Pittman's crew is due a "big" win even if it is over a hapless team like Tennessee. 
Arkansas 23, Tennessee 20

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 11:41:09 AM »
Doesn't UF have some kids suspended due to their fracas last week?  Anyone of import?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 12:03:50 PM »
Doesn't UF have some kids suspended due to their fracas last week?  Anyone of import?
Yeah a couple guys on defense sitting out first half.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 12:10:57 PM »
Zachary Carter is 290 pound D-lineman who is in the rotation and contributes.  Had 8 tackles and a sack against Sakerlina earlier.  Antwaun Powell is a LB/DE who holds a clipboard on the sidelines.  Like Six said, half game suspension.  Shouldn't hurt em' much. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 05:43:16 PM »
These may be some of the same players referenced earlier with injuries, but an article from yesterday says starting FUGA nose tackle, Jordan Davis, is highly questionable for Saturday, and another D-tackle, last name Rochester, is now gone for the season with an ACL.  This is definitely big with the loss of LeCounte on D for the flea-bitten mutts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions