Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Fundamental Question

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
A Fundamental Question
« on: October 27, 2020, 01:29:32 PM »
Ok, so Doug Jones was never going to win re-election anyway.  The Republicans could have run Pennywise against him and Jones could have spent the $36 million or so he's spent to have his ad run LITERALLY twice every six minutes on every station in the state and he would still have lost. 

He hasn't done himself any favors with the shitty ads he's running.  His wife looks like a hostage. His "mask up" ad was patently absurd.  All the ads he runs of himself wearing a hunting vest or plaid while he's standing in front of a fucking green screen would be great parody if he wasn't serious. 

All that aside, I have a pretty basic question.  Why was Doug Jones elected?  What was his mission?  Was it :

a) To express the will of the people he represents

b) To side with the national party over his constituents

Too often Doug Jones sided with the party over his people. 

Could he have been re-elected?  I think he could have because he's essentially a non-threatening douche. Not much real ammo to use against him except his performance. There he flopped. On the things that mattered to the people of the state he was elected to represent, he ignored what we wanted.

> He voted to impeach the president based on a phony narrative pushed by a rabid cabal of Californians. Probably 75% of the state opposed the position he took.
> He voted against the confirmation of Barrett yesterday.  Again he substituted the will of his party for the will of his people.  The vast majority of people in this state supported the confirmation. 
> He voted against the confirmation of Kavanaugh.  Once again, he did what the party wanted and turned his back on the people he represented.

WE wanted Kavanaugh.  WE supported ACB.  WE didn't back the fraudulent impeachment.  Jones gave us the middle finger.  THIS is what's wrong with the political system as it currently stands.  We have a ruling elite (both sides) that are elected to represent US and then don't.  Out in Cali (and here, too) the same assclowns keep getting elected and keep shoving their own personal agendas down our throats.  How many times have we heard Pelosi, Schumer, AOC and fuckholes like that (and the fuckholes on the other side) say "the American people"   It's not their JOB to represent "the American people" or to speak for "the American people." It's their job to represent their constituent base.  That's not what's happening. 

I truly believe that he could have given himself a real chance against Tuberville (or whoever) by simply doing what WE wanted as opposed to what THEY wanted in these three instances. 

Other than his stance on abortion, if he'd just done our will and represented us in those three instances, I think he might have had a good chance at staying in the seat.  And isn't that what he was supposed to do anyway? 

Was he elected to represent himself or to represent our will on a national level?  Because if it was the latter (and hint, it was) he failed miserably. 

I'll go further.  I think Tuberville is a terrible candidate. Terrible. But he's better than that corrupt piece of shit Bradley Byrne by a long shot.  So I voted for Tubs because there just wasn't any better option other than sitting it out.  If Doug Jones (as much as his face and his wife's face sicken me) had opposed impeachment and voted for Kavanaugh and Barrett?  That would have been enough for me probably.  I would have choked down the vomit and voted for him because he's probably a better legislator.  But I can't trust the fucking weasel with my vote if he's going to defy us all on the things we want because some grizzled ghoul from California and a smarmy bitch from NY tell him to.  So I can't pull the lever for you, Doug. 

You know what, Mr. Jones?  You should have taken the $36 million you shoved down the democrat's toilet on this campaign and given equal shares to everybody in the state.  By democrat math, that's $1.8 million each.  (Real world, it's only $7.38 to every man, woman and child but it would have at least bought us all a #1 meal at Chick Fil A). 

Side note: I don't ever want to see him or his wife again.  They creep me out. 

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 01:34:28 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: A Fundamental Question
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 02:22:53 PM »
Jones was a mole.....always was. He was never was a middle of the road guy, we said this over and over...he did everything his handlers in DC and California told him to do - as we said he would. And as K said above, he's gonna pay for it.

So tell me, which one of these from December of 2017 played out? Listen to your elders kids. And you won't be fooled again.

Quote from: AUChizad 12/13/2017, 9:34:31 AM

He's as vanilla bean, run-of-the-mill Democrat as they come. I get that that's not your cup of tea, and that's fine.

There is not an equivalence with Doug Jones being equally outside the norm to the left.

OR

Quote from: Kaos
12/12/2017, 7:24:56 AM

I absolutely cannot in good conscience vote for anyone who is going to tip the scales further against a president who is advancing an agenda with which I agree almost completely.  All the things he stands for -- securing the borders, deporting those here illegally, repealing Obamacare, instituting tax reform -- are being blocked by a tantrum-throwing democratic party and a complicit national media. 

We must do better. We can't give the moron Pelosi's and despicable Schumer's of the world any additional advantage.

Quote from: GH2001
12/12/2017, 11:43:48 PM

Roy Moore is a flawed candidate. Allegations aside. He's finished badly in previous elections. He finished 4th in the governors race. 4th. He is just a bad candidate. Period.

Jones is a sack of shit who has crazy views in the other direction. He's been chummy with Hillary. He supports every far left position I hate.

Quote from: Snaggletiger
12/12/2017, 11:38:04 PM

Doug Jones?  You stand for everything I'm against.  Everything.  Line item. I'll leave it at that.  Alabama...America loses today.  No matter who won.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:24:30 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 02:42:20 PM »
But his commercial says he supports the military.
He's also for keeping health insurance for those with pre-existing conditions.  We all know Trump is against that.  Hell, Trump is chummy with all those far right hate groups too.  Wouldn't even denounce them.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 03:50:51 PM »
But his commercial says he supports the military.
He's also for keeping health insurance for those with pre-existing conditions.  We all know Trump is against that.  Hell, Trump is chummy with all those far right hate groups too.  Wouldn't even denounce them.
He said there were good people on both sides.  Racist bastage!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 03:58:44 PM »
He said there were good people on both sides.  Racist bastage!
Impeach the MF!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 04:24:41 PM »
I had a guy argue with me about Jones yesterday.  He tried to tell me that Jones must represent the view of most Alabamians because he won the majority of the votes.  I told him that anyone other than Roy Moore runs and Jones loses bigtime.  To prove my point an ex football coach with zero political experience is winning by 14 -17% in some polls and the lowest I have seen is 7%.  He argued with me that Jones was not getting smoked.  GH, Kaos or myself could run against Jones and as long as there is an R behind our names we win running away.  I told him that if he didn't think this was Scott Brown in Massachusetts with the parties reversed he was only fooling himself.   

I think Tubs is a terrible, horrible, no good candidate.  I might would have voted for ole Dougie boy had he not went along with the witch hunt against Kavanaugh.  Forget impeachment.  Everyone knew that was going down party lines.  What the Democrats did to Kavanaugh and his family was reprehensible and disgusting!  They can all go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 04:33:37 PM »
  I told him that if he didn't think this was Scott Brown in Massachusetts with the parties reversed he was only fooling himself. 

Couple of us said this too in Dec 2017. In fact it was said to Prowler DIRECTLY.

I don't think Tubs is HORRIBLE....Roy Moore is HORRIBLE. Byrne is BAD. Brooks was MEH. Tubs is just more along the lines of Mike Rodgers or Brooks - just kind of Average.....purely a rubber stamp for Trump, which is fine if you like Trump because it's the polar opposite of any opponent they would have which is a rubber stamp against Trump (Ahem, Jones). 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 04:35:20 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 04:39:31 PM »
I had a guy argue with me about Jones yesterday.  He tried to tell me that Jones must represent the view of most Alabamians because he won the majority of the votes.  I told him that anyone other than Roy Moore runs and Jones loses bigtime.  To prove my point an ex football coach with zero political experience is winning by 14 -17% in some polls and the lowest I have seen is 7%.  He argued with me that Jones was not getting smoked.  GH, Kaos or myself could run against Jones and as long as there is an R behind our names we win running away.  I told him that if he didn't think this was Scott Brown in Massachusetts with the parties reversed he was only fooling himself. 

I think Tubs is a terrible, horrible, no good candidate.  I might would have voted for ole Dougie boy had he not went along with the witch hunt against Kavanaugh.  Forget impeachment.  Everyone knew that was going down party lines.  What the Democrats did to Kavanaugh and his family was reprehensible and disgusting!  They can all go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned.
That gets at what I'm asking.  

Did Jones represent "us" or did he represent "them?"   

What should we expect/demand of our representatives?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 04:46:56 PM »

Its a pretty easy answer...at least a Tubs rubber stamp for Trump is more representative of a majority of the state that will indeed vote for Trump. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 05:20:52 PM »

Himself and them.  He was never a moderate or vanilla Democrat.  He is much further left than he would like for you to believe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 05:55:43 PM »

He thinks he is representing "us" because he spends most of his time in Birmingham and in Selma.  Those are the only people his muted ears hear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 09:33:54 PM »
He thinks he is representing "us" because he spends most of his time in Birmingham and in Selma.  Those are the only people his muted ears hear.
What about Louise?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Ogre

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, 04:04:29 PM »
So when does Tubs restart the Eye of the Tiger Club?  Has anyone received an Outlook invitation yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 04:05:50 PM »
So when does Tubs restart the Eye of the Tiger Club?  Has anyone received an Outlook invitation yet?
Whats the sender its coming from? I got one from "BBQ Gang is Back" but sent it straight to junk folder. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Ogre

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2020, 04:09:56 PM »
It was forwarded to me by David K. Ward.  He must've been on one of his mandatory breaks when he sent it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 04:11:02 PM »
I got mine on AOL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 04:13:55 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 04:15:33 PM »
It was forwarded to me by David K. Ward.  He must've been on one of his mandatory breaks when he sent it.

Drill press life
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2020, 04:37:38 PM »
I'm probably not supposed to say, but there's an opportunity to invest here.  Shares are gonna be distributed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2020, 04:39:08 PM »
I'm probably not supposed to say, but there's an opportunity to invest here.  Shares are gonna be distributed.

well, I'm not saying I do know and I aint saying I don't.....but i have a good source here. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE