Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

UK

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
UK
« on: September 26, 2020, 03:53:02 PM »
29-13 and ky oline is VERY good. May be best we face.

Our d is pretty skippy I think.

O had average performance but there were a lots of bright spots. Seth, Tank are two. Will improve I believe.

We can beat thugs. If we will is another question entirely.

Smoke had 10 tackles!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 03:56:24 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: UK
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 05:22:06 PM »
Me thinks thou smoketh too much!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 09:49:27 AM »
Me thinks thou smoketh too much!
Yeah unfortunately he’s had a pretty bad drug problem for a while now.  We’ve tried everything including interventions.  Sometimes you just have to let him go on like that and just make sure he doesn’t hurt himself.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 12:19:23 PM »
Felt good this morning to wake up and not know, care or consider who won or lost yesterday.  

As of this moment, I am aware that Auburn won and the only clip I've seen is of Gus looking like a total asshat.  Even if I did care, fuck him. 

I don't know who Auburn plays Saturday.  I don't care.  I don't know if Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida or any of the rest won or lost.  I have no interest in finding out.   

I don't know what the baseball standings are or if they're even still playing.  I know the NBA is still on only because I get occasional clips of LePussy Chinese James whining about some imagined bullshit on the rare occasions when I check the bookfaces for work.  I think the NFL started, but I don't know who's playing. I don't know if NASCAR is still running, if the PGA is still playing, if they have soccer or tennis or cornhole.  I have not looked at an ESPN-based station since March. And I won't.  

Guess what, suckers! 

I am free. And it feels really, really good. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 01:21:39 PM »

I am free. And it feels really, really good.
I have not worn underwear in decades. Totally liberating, for certain. Hugs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 02:32:19 PM »
After shaking some rust off in the first half, we got a glimpse of most of what this team can do.  I was concerned about the lack of RB production, and sub-100 yard rushing games are concerning, but perhaps it was by design:

"...every time we were out there on the field, we did a good job of getting a few completions and starting drives off." - Bo Nix

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2020/09/bo-nix-opens-sophomore-campaign-in-impressive-fashion.html

I know Morris skews more balanced than Gus (57% run to Gus's 64%...per some graphic on the teevees yesterday), and I am pretty sure he's not going to air-raid/Leach our playbook, but we need more out of the ground game.  Perhaps it's all perspective, as we're coming from six years of 1st down dives up the middle, so Bo's quote above is outside our collective experience.  Who thinks to throw to set up the run? 

I presume that Morris leaned on his OLine's strengths (I saw a more than a couple large, well set pockets) and focused on the quick passing game.  If so, and that trend continues (which I think is likely given the strength of our next opponent), we're in for a seismic shift in our statistical profile until the OLine gels.

What's to say about the defense?  After shaking the rust off and consulting with KSteele at the half, they resumed kicking asses.

Random bits:
With a nickname like "Tank" I expected the kid to be a bit bigger.
I want JJ Pegues EVERYWHERE.  I want goalline packages with him playing the part of William Perry.
Seth Williams remains unstoppable.
I like Schwartz running routes rather than just being the jet sweep guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 08:00:40 PM »
I like Schwartz
Believe me, it was already known.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 12:40:54 AM »
Seth Williams remains unstoppable.
I like Schwartz running routes rather than just being the jet sweep guy.
It's nice to see Seth look at EVERY ball in the air as HIS!

And I think I might have enjoyed at least one jet sweep. I may have missed it while I jumped up to get another beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 10:15:25 AM »
Takeaways:

Stoops has Kentucky at as high a level talent-wise as they'll ever be.  Really good test to start the season for the War Eagles.

I had every confidence that the second half would turn out much like it did.  It became obvious by halftime that the Mildcats simply could not stretch the field.  Steele is a grizzled, old veteran and they made the right adjustments at half.  Only one good drive for the UK the entire second half.

Seth was a beast.  The 15 pound weight loss over the off season made him a different player. 

Nix was obviously far more accurate, even though he was only about 60%. Several throwaways dropped his numbers.  He was making good decisions on throws and taking off with a run, but I was saying the same thing Jordan Rodgers was saying.  He still has a bad tendency to take off, running toward the sideline, when he clearly had a pocket to step up in.

Shivers is an exciting athlete.  Give him some space and he can do some highlight reel things.  He is NOT an every down back in this league and shouldn't be our #1 RB.  5'7" 179 is fine for La. Monroe.  Not Auburn.  And DJ Williams did nothing to make me not continue to think he's anything other than slow and soft. Of the 3 backs that ran Saturday, Tank was clearly the most complete back.  No, he didn't break any long runs, but he hit the hole hard, like me, and broke tackles, getting 6-7 yards, where DJ would have fetal-Mosely'd at the line of scrimmage.

Malzahn wasn't even holding the laminated sheet of jeenyus.  Glory to God!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 10:47:55 AM »
Takeaways:

Stoops has Kentucky at as high a level talent-wise as they'll ever be.  Really good test to start the season for the War Eagles.

I had every confidence that the second half would turn out much like it did.  It became obvious by halftime that the Mildcats simply could not stretch the field.  Steele is a grizzled, old veteran and they made the right adjustments at half.  Only one good drive for the UK the entire second half.

Seth was a beast.  The 15 pound weight loss over the off season made him a different player.

Nix was obviously far more accurate, even though he was only about 60%. Several throwaways dropped his numbers.  He was making good decisions on throws and taking off with a run, but I was saying the same thing Jordan Rodgers was saying.  He still has a bad tendency to take off, running toward the sideline, when he clearly had a pocket to step up in.

Shivers is an exciting athlete.  Give him some space and he can do some highlight reel things.  He is NOT an every down back in this league and shouldn't be our #1 RB.  5'7" 179 is fine for La. Monroe.  Not Auburn.  And DJ Williams did nothing to make me not continue to think he's anything other than slow and soft. Of the 3 backs that ran Saturday, Tank was clearly the most complete back.  No, he didn't break any long runs, but he hit the hole hard, like me, and broke tackles, getting 6-7 yards, where DJ would have fetal-Mosely'd at the line of scrimmage.

Malzahn wasn't even holding the laminated sheet of jeenyus.  Glory to God!

I'm going to quit even reading these threads.  
Auburn turned its back on you.  Asking you one last time to join me in returning the favor.  

Don't believe?  Take a look at what one of our coaches promoted, knowing full well that if Coach Steele had posted a link to an event hosted by Don Jr. he would have been reprimanded and/or fired.  That's offensive to me on many levels. 

It has to stop and it WON'T until the sheep quit following along.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 10:53:26 AM »

As of this moment, I am aware that Auburn won and the only clip I've seen is of Gus looking like a total asshat.  Even if I did care, fuck him.

Hey did you know 68/8 = 8.5?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 10:58:54 AM »
Takeaways:

Nix was obviously far more accurate, even though he was only about 60%. Several throwaways dropped his numbers.  He was making good decisions on throws and taking off with a run, but I was saying the same thing Jordan Rodgers was saying.  He still has a bad tendency to take off, running toward the sideline, when he clearly had a pocket to step up in.

Shivers is an exciting athlete.  Give him some space and he can do some highlight reel things.  He is NOT an every down back in this league and shouldn't be our #1 RB.  5'7" 179 is fine for La. Monroe.  Not Auburn.  And DJ Williams did nothing to make me not continue to think he's anything other than slow and soft. Of the 3 backs that ran Saturday, Tank was clearly the most complete back.  No, he didn't break any long runs, but he hit the hole hard, like me, and broke tackles, getting 6-7 yards, where DJ would have fetal-Mosely'd at the line of scrimmage.

Malzahn wasn't even holding the laminated sheet of jeenyus.  Glory to God!

Yep.  Pretty much all of this.

Shades of the last six years, though: saw a nice slant early in the 1st...never to be seen again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 11:55:07 AM »
Yep.  Pretty much all of this.

Shades of the last six years, though: saw a nice slant early in the 1st...never to be seen again.
I thought they tried to use the middle of the field a little more.  True freshman, Z. Capers, had that slant I believe.  Unfortunately, there was one pass to a back and one completion to a TE for 2 yards. I was really expecting more from both.

Looking at the rushing numbers doesn't give me the tinglies.  91 total yards and Bo Nix was the leading rusher with 34 yards. Cam and Nick, I can understand.  Bo Nix should never be our leading rusher.  They're going to face quite a bit better defense this Saturday.      
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 12:45:38 PM »
I thought they tried to use the middle of the field a little more.  True freshman, Z. Capers, had that slant I believe.  Unfortunately, there was one pass to a back and one completion to a TE for 2 yards. I was really expecting more from both.

Looking at the rushing numbers doesn't give me the tinglies.  91 total yards and Bo Nix was the leading rusher with 34 yards. Cam and Nick, I can understand.  Bo Nix should never be our leading rusher.  They're going to face quite a bit better defense this Saturday.     
Yeah, I think our OLine is really struggling to run-block. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 12:47:51 PM »
Yeah, I think our OLine is really struggling to run-block.
^^This^^
It's a good thing Bo has at least had a year's experience and has Seth Williams, Flash and Stove to lean on.  
I want to see that 300lb monster get more involved in the running game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 12:53:41 PM »
Jaylin Simpson is SEC Freshman of the Week:

FRESHMAN
Jaylin Simpson, DB, Auburn
  • Four tackles and one TFL (-6) with one pass break up in Auburn's 29-13 win over #23 Kentucky
  • Made his first career start

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2020, 01:43:59 PM »
Mods: 
Move this to the political board
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2020, 02:07:06 PM »
Mods:
Move this to the political board
you've stooped to Wiregrass level of annoyance.  

we don't give a fuck about your self loathing and hatred of AUBURN sports.  Go FUCK yourself until the old KAOS comes screaming out of your balloon knot.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2020, 02:20:06 PM »
Jaylin Simpson is SEC Freshman of the Week:

FRESHMAN
Jaylin Simpson, DB, Auburn
  • Four tackles and one TFL (-6) with one pass break up in Auburn's 29-13 win over #23 Kentucky
  • Made his first career start
I remember seeing him early on and wondering who the heck he was.  Dat boy good.
I dare say the back 7 is going to be a force this season (MSU game aside).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2020, 02:23:11 PM »
I thought they tried to use the middle of the field a little more.  True freshman, Z. Capers, had that slant I believe.  Unfortunately, there was one pass to a back and one completion to a TE for 2 yards. I was really expecting more from both.

Looking at the rushing numbers doesn't give me the tinglies.  91 total yards and Bo Nix was the leading rusher with 34 yards. Cam and Nick, I can understand.  Bo Nix should never be our leading rusher.  They're going to face quite a bit better defense this Saturday.     
That first series, it looked like Bo was actually reading the option. Then somebody told him to stop that shit. Teams will leave him alone and stay on the back if he doesn't use the option effectively. And we can't afford to have an extra defender attacking or OL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions