Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tony Franklin on Finebaum

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Tony Franklin on Finebaum
« on: October 22, 2008, 03:18:07 PM »
Tony Franklin is going to be on the finebaum show today.  I think I will have to tune in to see what he has to say.  Could be interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Tony Franklin on Finebaum
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 03:42:50 PM »
Tony Franklin is going to be on the finebaum show today.  I think I will have to tune in to see what he has to say.  Could be interesting.
Between Finebaum's reputation to shit on Auburn at every turn and bate guests of his show to do the same, and Franklin's axe to grind, I bet plenty of pleasant things are said...
 :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »
Between Finebaum's reputation to shit on Auburn at every turn and bate guests of his show to do the same, and Franklin's axe to grind, I bet plenty of pleasant things are said...
 :taunt:

Kinda what I was thinking.  We could end up with a big black eye this afternoon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
No matter what Franklin does or doesn't say we will have a black eye from the Fineturd spin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 03:49:58 PM »
No matter what Franklin does or doesn't say we will have a black eye from the Fineturd spin.

Agreed.  His segment starts at 3 for those interested.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:50:49 PM by ssgaufan »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 04:06:18 PM »
I'm watching online, and it looks like Franklin has shaved and showered.  He must really be on his game today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 04:15:20 PM »
I'm watching online, and it looks like Franklin has shaved and showered.  He must really be on his game today.

Franklin's a turd.  End of story.  Glad he's gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 04:21:30 PM »
He's not throwing anyone under the bus. So far, he's been pretty realistic about it. Basically, when things went bad, everybody jumped ship and left him there alone. We already knew that. But he has not been ugly or vindictive so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 04:22:02 PM »
So far so good.  Finebaum is setting traps, but Franklin is avoiding them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 04:24:23 PM »
After I found out a few days ago that Franklin and Rush Probst were good friends, that is all I needed to know about Franklin. Some Turd that was at my son's practice the other day was singing the praises of Probst and just had to talk about the crap he said on the radio about his good buddy Franklin and how Auburn screwed him.

Look, I am not sure getting rid of an OC in the middle of the year was the best thing we could have done, but hearing that scumbag Probst speak about does make me lean towards the fact that it was the right thing to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 04:31:44 PM »
It's about like I figured.  This shit comes back on Tommy Tuberville.  From the point that Franklin said TT would not let him bring his assistants and then said there were problems within a week....

FAIL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 04:50:08 PM »
If Franklin wanted to bring his own assistants and was told he could not, it seemed to not keep him from taking the job and leaving those guys behind. How many coordinators ever get to bring their own assistants with them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 04:50:32 PM »
Finebaum is trying his damnedest to make this a smear campaign.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 04:52:35 PM »
If Franklin wanted to bring his own assistants and was told he could not, it seemed to not keep him from taking the job and leaving those guys behind. How many coordinators ever get to bring their own assistants with them?

None that I know of. 

Point Ranger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 04:58:27 PM »
None that I know of. 

Point Ranger.
if you are coaching at Troy and AU comes and offers you alot more cash, plus the chance to put your offense on a national stage, are you going to turn it down just because you can't bring your assistants? hell no. it would be reasonable to assume that if you are not going to bring your own assistants, the staff you will be joining will be supportive of what you are trying to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 05:01:50 PM »
Bingo.  And it's incumbent upon CTT to make sure that happens.  "I want you to coach my offense and run your system.  These good ole boys will take care of you, son."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 06:38:50 PM »
IMO, everyone was supportive until they realized that it, the TFS, couldn't work at Auburn right now, and that xCTF didn't want to deviate his offense to fit the players that we have.  When you have an Offense that's set up to run the Power running game and you only ONE Power play (Ace Formation Off Tackle Right/Left), while the other plays are the 4/5 Wide Spread-type plays...who's at fault there? CTT? Yeah, he should've been a little bit more involved, then maybe he would've realized that CTF runs the Spread 100%.  Maybe, CTT needs to be a little bit more involved with the Offense to find out what kind of players that we have on roster and what their strengths and weakness' are.  Was it CTF's fault?  Yeah, he should've been able to adjust his Offensive playcalling to the type of players that he had to work with and if he couldn't do that, he should've been up front about it to CTT and the rest of the Offensive Staff.  I think he realized that at the beginning, but as RWS stated $$$ and a National Stage talks.

So, when xCTF says that he and CTT are the only two at fault here...he ain't lying.

*As I stated before...It's hard to teach players the correct way to do everything when you're having to teach the other Offensive Staff members everything, especially if it doesn't seem to be working.*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 08:09:55 PM »
I have a different take on the interview.  Finebaum tried his damnedest to besmirch the AU program, but some of Franklin's comments did enough for me.

I know he's been fired, but how do you spin Tuberville only speaking to Franklin 4-5 times in 10 months?  How do you spin the offensive assistants interviewing Franklin more than Tuberville? 

Those are some issues that need to be resolved.  Either Tubs needs to wake up and fix the offense, or he needs to go. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 09:02:10 PM »
I have a different take on the interview.  Finebaum tried his damnedest to besmirch the AU program, but some of Franklin's comments did enough for me.

I know he's been fired, but how do you spin Tuberville only speaking to Franklin 4-5 times in 10 months?  How do you spin the offensive assistants interviewing Franklin more than Tuberville? 

Those are some issues that need to be resolved.  Either Tubs needs to wake up and fix the offense, or he needs to go. 

WORD!!!  If Franklin was even telling half the truth about what went on, Tommy Tuberville needs to step back and look at how he's handling this entire program and the people in it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 09:30:59 PM »
As I stated before, he and Rush Probst are good buddies, so take what Franklin says with a grain of salt.

He is not the first OC to be given a better job offer, so he is not the first to not be able to bring in his own staff. Others have did it and succeeded (see Al Borges' first year), so why would Franklin get a pass? His job was to make his system to work with what we had. Is CTT at fault aslo? Sure he is because he hired the guy. However, I am hearing way too much about Franklin and the issues he had as far as getting along with other staff members and the total lack of faith the players had in him to believe he was thrown under the bus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions