Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Couple of Foosballz Tidbits

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
A Couple of Foosballz Tidbits
« on: January 21, 2020, 10:37:15 AM »
Jay Hardy, the last guy Auburn had committed, signed his letter and sent it in.  On paper, this is a big one with the loss of Brown and Davidson.  Hardy is a 4 star, 6'4" 280 pound D-lineman out of Chattanooga. 

Also, former Go Gaytah QB Flippee Franks, is now an Arkansas Pig.  He's eligible to play right away as a graduate transfer.  I never though that much of Franks, but he'll definitely be an upgrade over what they've been putting on the field recently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: A Couple of Foosballz Tidbits
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 10:57:39 AM »
Jay Hardy, the last guy Auburn had committed, signed his letter and sent it in.  On paper, this is a big one with the loss of Brown and Davidson.  Hardy is a 4 star, 6'4" 280 pound D-lineman out of Chattanooga.

Also, former Go Gaytah QB Flippee Franks, is now an Arkansas Pig.  He's eligible to play right away as a graduate transfer.  I never though that much of Franks, but he'll definitely be an upgrade over what they've been putting on the field recently.
They didn’t have a talent problem.  They had a coaching problem.  

way to go Gus 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 02:38:23 PM »
They didn’t have a talent problem.  They had a coaching problem. 

way to go Gus
If they didn't have a talent problem, why bring in a new QB?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 02:49:10 PM »
If they didn't have a talent problem, why bring in a new QB?
Don't ask questions CCTAU, Chad Morris is the devil, worse coach ever we are going to lose every game this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 02:52:28 PM »
Don't ask questions CCTAU, Chad Morris is the devil, worse coach ever we are going to lose every game this year.
I get the premise. But we were screwed anyway. At least this will be a totally new and exciting screw!

OR. It works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 02:55:53 PM »
I get the premise. But we were screwed anyway. At least this will be a totally new and exciting screw!

OR. It works.
Pfffffft.......balderdash!  And poppycock!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 03:49:02 PM »

OR. It works.
I'm putting this on a shirt!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 03:59:58 PM »

OR. It works.
Wait, what?  

I mean, unicorns, aliens and Chupacabra's are one thing, but Gus having an offense that works...……. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 04:00:34 PM »
I'm putting this on a shirt!
Can I get that with the punter lined up at Y in an XL, please?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 04:39:55 PM »
They didn’t have a talent problem.  They had a coaching problem. 

way to go Gus
This should cheer you up.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/malzahn-says-chad-morris-will-run-auburns-2020-offense/

via http://cbssportsapp.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 05:07:13 PM »
Until he doesn't
Also known as game 3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2020, 05:09:26 PM »
This should cheer you up.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/malzahn-says-chad-morris-will-run-auburns-2020-offense/

via http://cbssportsapp.com
This quote:

"I am very excited that he is a part of things--I trust him 110 percent," Malzahn said. "He is going to take our offense and he is going to run with it. I am excited about that."

Here's the issue I have.  All I'm reading in that is we're going to run the same offense.  It's just that he's turning play calling over to Morris.  What's the point?  The pass catchers are going to run the same routes, 80% of which are outside the numbers.  We're still not going to use a tight end.  This offense has gotten progressively worse every single year and it's painfully obvious that SEC Corches have long since figured it out.

So now, Chad Morris running the same offense is exciting?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 05:18:15 PM »
This quote:

"I am very excited that he is a part of things--I trust him 110 percent," Malzahn said. "He is going to take our offense and he is going to run with it. I am excited about that."

Here's the issue I have.  All I'm reading in that is we're going to run the same offense.  It's just that he's turning play calling over to Morris.  What's the point?  The pass catchers are going to run the same routes, 80% of which are outside the numbers.  We're still not going to use a tight end.  This offense has gotten progressively worse every single year and it's painfully obvious that SEC Corches have long since figured it out.

So now, Chad Morris running the same offense is exciting? 
It's a work in progress,  wait till year 8
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 05:32:21 PM »
The future is bright.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 05:35:25 PM »
The future looks bright!  We'll rebound and be ready for next year!  We've got a stable program right now! The future looks very bright at Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 05:36:17 PM »
The future is bright.
Dammit, stop posting what I am going to post! It's a bad look on you to show that kind jealously to one up me! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 05:45:52 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 09:53:32 PM »
Y’all Aubs need to be happy wif what y’all got. Ain’t hardly no other coach that can beat Sabbin. I mean if tooer woulda been healthy and if we hadna tried to kick that damn one second field goal and we hadden been dinged up on defense y’all wouldna won none of them games.  But still. He done beat Sabbin.  That’s all what matters to you sorry sons a bitches ain’t it?  Beatin Sabbin?  

That’s the logic I’ve heard for months now.  It’s a variation of “know your place.”  

Gus’ giddy excitement over having his butt buddy along for the ride while NOTHING changes does not move me.  I don’t want more of the same. Chastise away but Morris is just another “I’m taking play calling duties over again and we are gonna get this fixed” sacrificial sheep.  

All the things Snag said are true.  No improvement in QB development.  No changes to the shittiest route trees in college football (once only second to Arkansas). No deviation from the mule-headed obstinacy.  No backup plan when shit doesn’t work — except for the mildcat and a flurry of convoluted trick plays designed to lose 20 yards. 

Damn. I’m still salty. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 10:11:09 PM »

Wait, I have those same glasses. Very comfortable. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions