Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So that's what it feels like

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
So that's what it feels like
« on: December 05, 2019, 11:37:18 PM »
So that's what it feels like to be in the protected class.

Watched the AU/Furman basketball game (a three-point Tiger win in OT). 

I saw us get help from the referees.  Biggest assist?  Just 12.1 left in overtime, Auburn up 79-75.  Furman with the ball and they attempt a long pass that ticks off Okoro's hand and goes out of bounds.  It was pretty clear at game-speed that's what happened and the replays showed it decisively.  Watched it several times as the officials huddled over the monitor.

Ooops.  It DIDN'T touch Okoro according to the referees.  Auburn ball.  Those silly Paladins just threw the ball into the stands at a critical moment in the game. 

We still nearly screwed it up.  They fouled Doughty with 11.3 left and he promptly missed both foul shots.  He missed BOTH.  Furman hurries it down the court and splashes a three with 2.3 seconds left. 

Fouled Okoro with 1.6 and he hit both free throws to seal it. 

Played pretty terribly most of the game all the way around. Lots of horrendous three-point attempts. Way too many turnovers.  But (maybe with a little help) they overcame a 14-point second half deficit and scratched out a win. 

Pretty good effort from FU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: So that's what it feels like
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 11:45:01 PM »
Agree with most of that, but there were some egregious fouls/no-calls that went in the Paladins' favor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 11:49:45 PM »
Agree with most of that, but there were some egregious fouls/no-calls that went in the Paladins' favor.
^^^This^^^

One particular referee especially...and it wasn't TV Teddy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 12:31:34 AM »
Know we had a little break and were rusty but Furman has a good team and they made us work hard for the win. Not a fun game to watch but the crowd seemed to be into it.

I hate to see us turn the ball over and then on the next possession throw up a long brick instead of working it in where we might have a second chance off a miss or at least draw a foul. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 02:15:32 AM »
Yeah. It looked like every time Wiley went up for a rebound, he got a nice little shove. 
The refs definitely were a bit errattic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 09:34:05 AM »
Again this isn't official!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 09:57:16 AM »
Ehhhh. Agree with Wes. They got their share too. I thought the ball went off akoros hand as well but I only saw the replay once. I just took andy Kennedy’s word for it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE