Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Observations

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Observations
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2019, 11:32:41 AM »
Why couldn’t he fudge Florida like he did us?
He's only had a year so far.  Or is it 2?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2019, 01:23:48 PM »
I'll just leave this here
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2019, 02:22:07 PM »
But we won the 4th quarter!  What more do you want?  We are close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2019, 02:41:18 PM »
I'll just leave this here
I don't know how much more I can take of this rinse and repeat cycle from Gus. Just listening to this Gus-speak turns my stomach. He has totally taken the joy out of watching Auburn football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2019, 02:49:53 PM »
I don't know how much more I can take of this rinse and repeat cycle from Gus. Just listening to this Gus-speak turns my stomach. He has totally taken the joy out of watching Auburn football.
Creed, you bandwagon baby!  And you'd better get those Oakley's on.  The future is about to get real bright up in this bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2019, 02:59:07 PM »
Creed, you bandwagon baby!  And you'd better get those Oakley's on.  The future is about to get real bright up in this bitch.
Creed got kilt by the Russian sooooo.....Seriously though, I mistakenly see some of the crap come across the AU facepage feeds. All I see is blah blah blahdy blah. I mean really, thats what I see. Only thing that matters now is of old Jimmy is gonna break off a piece of that gold brick and take care of bidnezz. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2019, 03:25:26 PM »
Creed got kilt by the Russian sooooo.....Seriously though, I mistakenly see some of the crap come across the AU facepage feeds. All I see is blah blah blahdy blah. I mean really, thats what I see. Only thing that matters now is of old Jimmy is gonna break off a piece of that gold brick and take care of bidnezz.
That piece from GF showing the declining numbers is all I need now when answering the "You barners gone let ole Gus go?" crowd.  I have it memorized and I'm just going to ask, "Would you pay $7 mil a year for that?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2019, 03:56:20 PM »
That piece from GF showing the declining numbers is all I need now when answering the "You barners gone let ole Gus go?" crowd.  I have it memorized and I'm just going to ask, "Would you pay $7 mil a year for that?"
Edd Zackery. I'd be willing to bet that there are those that rub elbows with big money that have seen these numbers too, and they don't like their future returns. 

Not just that, but when your fan base just doesn't want to even here you, as thr HC, talk anymore, sumpn wrong dude and it aint you the fan. I can't ever remember feeling like this towards Auburn football. I mean seriously, how many of us are embarrassed to make mention of who our Auburn football HC is??? I'd say a lot and thats an Auburn problem. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2019, 04:05:27 PM »
Edd Zackery. I'd be willing to bet that there are those that rub elbows with big money that have seen these numbers too, and they don't like their future returns.

Not just that, but when your fan base just doesn't want to even here you, as thr HC, talk anymore, sumpn wrong dude and it aint you the fan. I can't ever remember feeling like this towards Auburn football. I mean seriously, how many of us are embarrassed to make mention of who our Auburn football HC is??? I'd say a lot and thats an Auburn problem.
1998, 2008, 2012 and again pretty much since 2015.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2019, 04:12:50 PM »
1998, 2008, 2012 and again pretty much since 2015.
"Resignation", "Resignation", Fired, annnnnnd still at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2019, 04:29:00 PM »
Nothing matches 2012 for me.  Never have I seen a team flat out quit.  That team did. 

And the thug culture that permeated throughout that program was sickening.

I think that's also one of the things you absolutely have to give Gus credit for. That was essentially the same group in 2013 with a few pieces of the puzzle added.  He changed the whole environment and attitude.  However, the biggest question continues to be, what the hell happened?  Why the steady decline every year since?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2019, 04:30:49 PM »
Why couldn’t he fuck Florida like he did us?
Gaytors won’t let him
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2019, 05:28:46 PM »
What kills me is Bammers saying “I hope y’all never fire Gus.”

Thats exactly what I used to say about Shula....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

djsimp

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2019, 04:56:32 PM »
Im thinking Pate is pretty close on this one.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2019, 08:49:46 AM »
Hate to say, but Gus will be our head coach next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2019, 08:55:51 AM »
Hate to say, but Gus will be our head coach next year.
And the year after because next year has the built in excuse of youth and inexperience.
Losing 3 maybe 4 DL. Losing 4 DBs.
Losing 5 OL (whether they are good or not doesn't matter, that's a lot of dudes to replace at once), Losing maybe 1 RB and 2 WRs(?)
Sporadic kicker and okay punter return. Woo hoo!

Two more years. Word on the skreet is Auburn is about to install Dr. Gouge as President again and he is not a radical, rock the boat kind of dude. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2019, 09:12:03 AM »
And the year after because next year has the built in excuse of youth and inexperience.
Losing 3 maybe 4 DL. Losing 4 DBs.
Losing 5 OL (whether they are good or not doesn't matter, that's a lot of dudes to replace at once), Losing maybe 1 RB and 2 WRs(?)
Sporadic kicker and okay punter return. Woo hoo!

Two more years. Word on the skreet is Auburn is about to install Dr. Gouge as President again and he is not a radical, rock the boat kind of dude.
I like Gouge but he inherited this mess, he also never really got involved in the athletics side.  Jacobs did all that, Greene seems to be hands-off, not sure why. Leadership is our problem.  No one has a plan, and they can't get everyone on the same page.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2019, 09:23:04 AM »
Wait...how many OL are we losing after this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2019, 09:26:41 AM »
My observation?  

Gusterd reads message boards.  How often over the last few years in particular have we complained about Auburn's simplistic, elementary-level route tree?  How often have we shaken our heads in resigned amazement that we leave the middle of the field completely abandoned?  

What happened against Georgia?  More targets on slants in the middle of the field in one game than in all the other games this season combined.  

But Gus' problem?  Once he started doing that, he quit doing the other pass routes we'd been doing.  

I've also heard rumors that some of the players were privately bitching that what we ran against UGA wasn't what they'd spent the past two weeks practicing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2019, 09:31:56 AM »
Wait...how many OL are we losing after this year?
4 and if another one goes, that will make 5.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions