Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

World Series. Who you going with?

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
World Series. Who you going with?
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:52:57 PM »
Who are you going to take in the WS?  Phillies vs Rays, never thought I'd see these two teams battling it out in the WS.  Oh well, hell must be really cold right now, and I'll take the Devil-less Rays in six.  NL always seems to choke, kinda like the Cubs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
Re: World Series. Who you going with?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »
Rays in six is what I say as well.

Not because I'm copying you, but because the Phillies bats are hot enough right now to keep them in the mix, but the Rays just have more talent and a more obvious hunger to win.  So they'll keep it close, but only 6 games close, if that makes sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 07:29:35 PM »
I've got the Rays in five, only because the two of you picked them in six. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 02:34:55 AM »
The Rays in 4 :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 09:18:29 AM »
The Cubs in 4...no, wait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 09:24:08 PM »
Phillies in 6
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 08:49:41 AM »
Rays in 5.  Not because I know shit about either team but they have Gabe Gross. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

chinook

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 03:38:46 PM »
i'm a little torn about this series.  i think the advantage goes to the rays as they are fast, deeper at pitching, utilize the dh and tropicana field.  on the otherhand, the phillies are desperate for a championship, have better fan support and a little more seasoned.

i'll take the phillies in 7.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 11:28:36 AM »
Rays in 5.  Not because I know shit about either team but they have Gabe Gross. 

Good point.  It's funny seeing him play baseball now and remembering how he dismantled our high school football team when I was attending Enterprise High School when he was quarterback at Northview High School out of Dothan.  We could never handle his skillz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 02:22:35 AM »
Good point.  It's funny seeing him play baseball now and remembering how he dismantled our high school football team when I was attending Enterprise High School when he was quarterback at Northview High School out of Dothan.  We could never handle his skillz.

Remember the time he was pitching against us and he called JM a n-word from the mound?  That's when I started hating Gabe Gross.  I hated him when he was Auburn's QB, and I hate him now. 

I don't hate him as much as I hate Whoopie Goldberg, but he's running a close 2nd. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
Remember the time he was pitching against us and he called JM a n-word from the mound?  That's when I started hating Gabe Gross.  I hated him when he was Auburn's QB, and I hate him now. 

I don't hate him as much as I hate Whoopie Goldberg, but he's running a close 2nd. 

Man, I completely forgot about that.  I did remember him as an ultra-cocky asshole, but what a douche for doing that.  Now I'm feeling better about the Phillies taking this thing...hopefully they can take it in front of the home crowd tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 09:32:42 PM »
I'm a National League guy, but it's been hard to not cheer on the Rays being that I watched a bunch of them come through and play in Montgomery as Biscuits.   Longoria, Upton, Navarro, Kazmir, and a few others....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 09:58:48 PM »
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 10:03:10 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 12:16:44 AM »
Phillies win!
BRAD.  FUCKING.  LIDGE.

:flag:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 09:11:24 AM »
BRAD.  FUCKING.  LIDGE.

:flag:

I wondered when you where going to say something about him...considering you cussed him all last year!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2008, 11:44:18 AM »
Congrats to PCT for the closest estimate of who would win when.  Congrats to the Phils for winning their city a championship...it's been a long time coming.  They dominated the Rays in one of the weirder series I can remember...in fact, I'd say since the earthquake struck San Francisco there hasn't been a series this strange with the postponement and all.

And...it's only right that the Phillies won, since they swept the Braves this year 9-0.  So it's not that the Braves suck....it's just that the Phillies are that good!  Right?  Right?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Ahh, fuck it, the Braves do suck, and it even looks like next year will be worse for them as the GM has already stated that he won't be making many changes to the roster before the 2009 season kicks off.   :&
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »
Congrats to PCT for the closest estimate of who would win when.  Congrats to the Phils for winning their city a championship...it's been a long time coming.  They dominated the Rays in one of the weirder series I can remember...in fact, I'd say since the earthquake struck San Francisco there hasn't been a series this strange with the postponement and all.

And...it's only right that the Phillies won, since they swept the Braves this year 9-0.  So it's not that the Braves suck....it's just that the Phillies are that good!  Right?  Right?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Ahh, fuck it, the Braves do suck, and it even looks like next year will be worse for them as the GM has already stated that he won't be making many changes to the roster before the 2009 season kicks off.   :&

Hell, he might as well make it official and bring back the powder-blue uniforms.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 05:47:23 PM »
Dale Murphy 4-eva.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2008, 09:58:41 AM »
i've always been a bob horner fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 10:00:49 AM »
Chris Chambliss was the man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.