Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bye Week Needs and Wishes

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Bye Week Needs and Wishes
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2019, 10:13:29 AM »
To be honest, if you told me we'd be 5-1 at this point after playing Oregon, Texas A&M and Florida, all away from home, I would have jumped all over that.  The obvious problem though, is this team, and Gus, gave us a taste of what they could and should be. Just disheartening to watch that proverbial egg being laid at Go Gaytah.

Wes summed it up nicely in saying the D played good enough to win, but still had their WTF moments.  After that, it was a total team disaster, from play calling, to line play, to horrible QB play, all the way to special teams.

BTW, can we give somebody besides Suckoff a shot at teh punts?  Has he even come close to pinning anyone deep this year?

As for a possible corching change, I truly want us to win out and wind up with a season for the ages.  But if we lay that same egg against LSU, Fuck Georgia and Bama, I want them to do what I wanted them to 3-4 years ago.  To those that say we can't attract a big name coach here, I call bullshit.  We play in the best conference in America.  We have great facilities, fans etc.  And we can pay $7 plus million a year with $18 skwazillion dollar buyouts.  You betcher ass we can.

But, the long history of our PTB, says we'd go get Scott Loeffler or Rhett Lashlee.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2019, 11:16:09 AM »
To be honest, if you told me we'd be 5-1 at this point after playing Oregon, Texas A&M and Florida, all away from home, I would have jumped all over that.  The obvious problem though, is this team, and Gus, gave us a taste of what they could and should be. Just disheartening to watch that proverbial egg being laid at Go Gaytah.

Wes summed it up nicely in saying the D played good enough to win, but still had their WTF moments.  After that, it was a total team disaster, from play calling, to line play, to horrible QB play, all the way to special teams.

BTW, can we give somebody besides Suckoff a shot at teh punts?  Has he even come close to pinning anyone deep this year?

As for a possible corching change, I truly want us to win out and wind up with a season for the ages.  But if we lay that same egg against LSU, Fuck Georgia and Bama, I want them to do what I wanted them to 3-4 years ago.  To those that say we can't attract a big name coach here, I call bullshit.  We play in the best conference in America.  We have great facilities, fans etc.  And we can pay $7 plus million a year with $18 skwazillion dollar buyouts.  You betcher ass we can.

But, the long history of our PTB, says we'd go get Scott Loeffler or Rhett Lashlee. 
Can't help but agree with you and wes. I will say though, this loss to the Gatahs sent me in total blaaahh mode. I had just gotten both feet on the 1st step of the Gus bus but now I'm recovering from road rash. I went all up under the tire and everything. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2019, 12:31:09 PM »
Can't help but agree with you and wes. I will say though, this loss to the Gatahs sent me in total blaaahh mode. I had just gotten both feet on the 1st step of the Gus bus but now I'm recovering from road rash. I went all up under the tire and everything.
From a game planning/play calling perspective, I'll echo some of the comments on here and in texts with a few of you pervs:

Our running game kicked in for the first time in the 2nd half of the Tulane game.  The buck sweep calls got the back outside the box with a convoy.  This past Saturday looked like the LSU game from 2 years ago.  Time after time after time, straight up the gut.  Why?

Neither Trask or Nix are very good QB's at this point in their short careers.  I have high hopes for Bo, but right now, he's got a lot to see, experience and learn.  Mullen game planned for Trask.  They could not run on us so they had to keep it in the air, and Mullen gave him short throws of 7-10 yards against the best match ups for them.  If you recall, Gary Danielson said several times that there are zero throws down the field.  Until late in the game, I only recall two of those type throws for Nix, both to Salad Canola.  One complete for our only first down in the first half.  The other was behind him, but he was open.  We had been using the middle of the field with great success.  What changed?

What's the definition of insanity?  Doing the same thing over and...well, you get the point.  If they've stuffed the same play on 3rd and short 3 times, you have a 6'5" QB on the sidelines who can pretty much fall forward for a yard 90% of the time.  Remember a guy named Cam? 

I know this sounds trivial, but did the first play of the game look familiar to anyone?  Remember the first play of the Texas A&M game a few years ago when DE Myles Garrett went unblocked and made the QB his bitch?  They ran the exact same play Saturday and the problem was that for some reason, they pulled the guard to come all the way across the line to block the end.  Can someone sneak into Malzahn's office and rip that ill-conceived abortion from his play book?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2019, 01:55:18 PM »

Wes summed it up nicely in saying the D played good enough to win, but still had their WTF moments.  After that, it was a total team disaster, from play calling, to line play, to horrible QB play, all the way to special teams.

BTW, can we give somebody besides Suckoff a shot at teh punts?  Has he even come close to pinning anyone deep this year?

As for a possible corching change, I truly want us to win out and wind up with a season for the ages.  But if we lay that same egg against LSU, fudge Georgia and Bama, I want them to do what I wanted them to 3-4 years ago.  To those that say we can't attract a big name coach here, I call bullshoot.  We play in the best conference in America.  We have great facilities, fans etc.  And we can pay $7 plus million a year with $18 skwazillion dollar buyouts.  You betcher ass we can.

So...you're saying Chip Lindsey won't be available?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2019, 02:46:13 PM »
So...you're saying Chip Lindsey won't be available?
I see where you're going with this Buzz.

If Lindsey answers the call we might get to keep Coarch Kodi so we can preserve our stellar air attack. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2019, 02:57:07 PM »

If Lindsey answers the call we might get to keep Coarch Kodi so we can preserve our stellar air attack.
God bless Kodi.  Loves Auburn. 

Now name another Power 5 school where he would be co-offensive coordinator. 

One of Gus’ biggest failures.  Other than Steele, Garner and maybe Travis his staff is a wasteland. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 03:18:55 PM »

If Lindsey answers the call we might get to keep Coarch Kodi so we can preserve our stellar air attack.
Why stop there, when we could just make him coach?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 08:47:12 PM »
Updated wish: Move Joey Gatewood to tailback
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2019, 09:31:27 PM »
Brilliant! Pay the man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2019, 10:20:02 PM »
Now, now. Auburn can't force him to coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2019, 10:45:15 PM »
You know it might not be too far fetched considering at it's core our offense is based on the single wing...no quarterback.
My reasons for various combinations in the backfield angle more toward the preservation of Nix given he has so little protection.
And thinking ahead this staff already has plans for next year's offensive line which will be made up of current reserves and redshirt freshmen not ready to play this season. I guess they call it grooming, maybe coddling I don't know.
Unless we land a couple of Braden Smith's this isn't going to improve much.
It's partly why Cam Newton left early and probably why we didn't get Russell Wilson...imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2019, 11:07:39 AM »
Joiner is just about as big as Gatewood and is a true RB. He should be a likely candidate.
So that means he will get zero carries this next game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2019, 11:49:16 AM »
Joiner is just about as big as Gatewood and is a true RB. He should be a likely candidate.
LOUD NOISES!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2019, 12:39:40 PM »
The thought of going to Fayettenam with Kam Martin and Shaun Shivers splitting the carries makes me...

Image result for Nausea images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2019, 04:53:17 PM »
The thought of going to Fayettenam with Kam Martin and Shaun Shivers splitting the carries makes me...

Image result for Nausea images
Think of duck hunting where Arkansas pulls out some 220 lb. freshman blur that lights us up for over 200 yards and we come home with our tail between our legs with obviously a better team but...no plan, unprepared, no adjustments, no fucking answers.

For related postings see: 
2018 Tennessee. 
Pruett gets signature win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2019, 05:00:30 PM »
Think of duck hunting where Arkansas pulls out some 220 lb. freshman blur that lights us up for over 200 yards and we come home with our tail between our legs with obviously a better team but...no plan, unprepared, no adjustments, no fucking answers.

For related postings see:
2018 Tennessee.
Pruett gets signature win.
And, Gus gets a huge raise and contract extension.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2019, 05:38:23 PM »
And, Gus gets a huge raise and contract extension.
Yeah I'm old. It might have been a 200 lb. blur for 220 yards but you get the gist.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 05:59:01 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2019, 05:43:22 PM »

Will there be a picks thread? Bye and bye, Snags. Bye and bye. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2019, 05:47:31 PM »
Yeah I'm old. It might have bee a 200 lb. blur for 220 yards but you get the gist.
I'm too old too, but you get the sarcasm intended. It's the idiocy of Gus' tenure with respect to his contract.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2019, 05:57:41 PM »
I want to see Joiner. Might not be the answer but we have to figure out a way to run the ball and give our elite receiving corps some space.
DJ Williams needs a chance too.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions