Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bye Week Needs and Wishes

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Bye Week Needs and Wishes
« on: October 07, 2019, 07:37:31 AM »
It's the bye week and the team will use this time to heal up, work on some lagging fundamentals, and get their mindset right before returning to SEC play. Now Arkansas is mostly terrible and poses little threat to a team as talented as ours. However, Tennessee was the same kind of team last year and we all know how that went. 

I think we need to simplify some of the protection audibles so when we are in a loud stadium again, the QB isn't eating clock telling each lineman the changes. Hand singles or something. That's one thing we could fix.

So, what do you think the team needs to focus on most in this bye week? They can't change who they are nor implement some whole cloth scheme changes. What are the little things they can tweak to limit issues and set up more successful opportunities for the rest of the season? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Bye Week Needs and Wishes
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 09:37:20 AM »
Needs:  To replace the OL.  I think there are 5.

Wishes:  To replace the head coarch.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 10:20:33 AM »
Needs: A better game plan
Wishes: A better game plan
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 10:30:23 AM »
Needs:  Play every offensive lineman since all are going to be replaced with reserves/redshirt freshmen anyway.  
Next season is a full scale rebuild anyway so you can either start from scratch or get them some experience now. 

Wishes:  Gus goes duck hunting with Tubs. Something about a large tree but then it gets fuzzy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 10:33:18 AM »
Needs:  Play every offensive lineman since all are going to be replaced with reserves/redshirt freshmen anyway. 
Next season is a full scale rebuild anyway so you can either start from scratch or get them some experience now.

Wishes:  Gus goes duck hunting with Tubs. Something about a large tree but then it gets fuzzy.
Is Dick Cheney in this dream anywhere?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 10:40:15 AM »
Is Dick Cheney in this dream anywhere?
I did wake up to what was like a shotgun blast but there were search parties in my dream. Probably just your run of the mill Bigfoot abduction or some cult in Arkansas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 10:48:55 AM »
I'm so up in the air on my feelings about Gus right now.  I had a toe on the bus from every game from his press conferences, interviews and game planning this was a guy that looked like he finally rounded the corner.  He's working out, he's excited about coaching looks like he is turning over a new leaf.  Then Saturday happened, and we had the return of what we all know and hate.

$1 to Jumbo and Buzz I believe who said that this is what we are going to have to live with Gus.  We are going to have head-scratcher games.

Everyone has said there is no one else out there. I don't believe that to be true, however, I am also scared to death of what our "smart" BOTs would bring in next.  I suppose I would rather live with Gus then turn into: Miami, UT, FSU. 

Also $1 to WE!!! for being the one saying that also as Auburn Fans (and this aint read the creed BS) but we have got to stop going back and forth over 1 loss, as in we need to fire Gus because of this bad game against Gaytor.  I know it isn't one bad game it's the same BS gameplan we have seen. I don't know, I wish he would figure this shit out!

So fucking frustrating...that game was winnable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 10:50:11 AM »
Needs:  To replace the OL.  I think there are 5.

Wishes:  To replace the head coarch.
Need: Like Button

Wish: Competent technical support on this website.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 10:50:53 AM »
Need: Like Button

Wish: Competent technical support on this website.
#like
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 11:01:50 AM »
Wishes:
1) NCAA announces a full scale investigation into rampant corruption in Tuscaloosa.  A video of Saban and Emmert tag teaming a crippled llama emerges.  
2) Cam becomes Cam and not Madea. But that seems more likely to happen somewhere else than Carolina now.  
3) Gus learns something for the first time in his life.  
4) Gus jettisons his entire offensive coaching staff, demotes himself to OC and hires a CEO to manage the business of the team.  Tuberville perhaps.  
5) Jay Jacobs chokes on gator penis. 
6) Dan Mullen is fired after he punches his wife for giving birth to black twin girls she names Felipia and Frankine.  
7) Dabo announces he identifies as a turtle’s dick and will undergo species reassignment surgery. 
8) Georgia keeps living in 1980 for 50 more years
9) Video of Pelosi, Schumer, AOC, Schiff, Waters, Swallowswell, Omar, Tlaib, Warren and Nadler is discovered. In that video they are wearing purple hoods and dancing around a fire as they sacrifice goats and babies. 
10) Braves sign Mookie Betts if he can’t stay in Boston.  

Needs: 
Vodka and Advil. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 11:03:28 AM »
Wishes:
1) NCAA announces a full scale investigation into rampant corruption in Tuscaloosa.  A video of Saban and Emmert tag teaming a crippled llama emerges. 
2) Cam becomes Cam and not Madea. But that seems more likely to happen somewhere else than Carolina now. 
3) Gus learns something for the first time in his life. 
4) Gus jettisons his entire offensive coaching staff, demotes himself to OC and hires a CEO to manage the business of the team.  Tuberville perhaps. 
5) Jay Jacobs chokes on gator penis.
6) Dan Mullen is fired after he punches his wife for giving birth to black twin girls she names Felipia and Frankine. 
7) Dabo announces he identifies as a turtle’s richard and will undergo species reassignment surgery.
8) Georgia keeps living in 1980 for 50 more years
9) Video of Pelosi, Schumer, AOC, Schiff, Waters, Swallowswell, Omar, Tlaib, Warren and Nadler is discovered. In that video they are wearing purple hoods and dancing around a fire as they sacrifice goats and babies.
10) Braves sign Mookie Betts if he can’t stay in Boston. 

Needs:
Vodka and Advil.
L.  I.  K.  E.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 11:17:15 AM »
Needs:
Vodka and Advil.

This was full on Friday and I'm the only one drinking the bourbon.....It doesn't help!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 11:26:48 AM »
On the bright side, we have a competitive basketball program.
Also told we have people in fancy outfits riding pretty ponies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 11:28:24 AM »
Also told we have people in fancy outfits riding pretty ponies.
Yes, this is true.  They also coach on the offensive side of the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 01:31:00 PM »
I'm so up in the air on my feelings about Gus right now.  I had a toe on the bus from every game from his press conferences, interviews and game planning this was a guy that looked like he finally rounded the corner.  He's working out, he's excited about coaching looks like he is turning over a new leaf.  Then Saturday happened, and we had the return of what we all know and hate.

$1 to Jumbo and Buzz I believe who said that this is what we are going to have to live with Gus.  We are going to have head-scratcher games.

Everyone has said there is no one else out there. I don't believe that to be true, however, I am also scared to death of what our "smart" BOTs would bring in next.  I suppose I would rather live with Gus then turn into: Miami, UT, FSU. 

Also $1 to WE!!! for being the one saying that also as Auburn Fans (and this aint read the creed BS) but we have got to stop going back and forth over 1 loss, as in we need to fire Gus because of this bad game against Gaytor.  I know it isn't one bad game it's the same BS gameplan we have seen. I don't know, I wish he would figure this shoot out!

So fudgeing frustrating...that game was winnable.
I reiterate what I said in another thread. The ceiling for this team has not changed from what realistic expectations defined in the preseason. I concur with the notion that we as a fan base need to stop feeding into the media narrative that we fire everybody for nothing around the sports program. I do think this is just life with Gus in the Saban era of the SEC. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 04:10:46 PM »
I reiterate what I said in another thread. The ceiling for this team has not changed from what realistic expectations defined in the preseason. I concur with the notion that we as a fan base need to stop feeding into the media narrative that we fire everybody for nothing around the sports program. I do think this is just life with Gus in the Saban era of the SEC.
But it’s no longer “the Saban era”.  It’s the Ed, Dan, Kirby, Saban era.  Despite the talent we are sliding into that middle tier.  

Ahead of Arkansas, the state of Mississippi, Vandy and KY but just not at that upper level.  

Maybe that’s ok.  I don’t know any longer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 04:35:30 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2019, 04:41:16 PM »

Was that the exact point he realized he just might be negotiating his buyout this season?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2019, 05:36:14 PM »
Was that the exact point he realized he just might be negotiating his buyout this season?
That would be all of our wishes only the BOT couldn't be counted on to replace him with anyone having a consecutive string of top 25 finishes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2019, 06:13:02 PM »

Auburn marketing department responds to online petition. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions