Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn Beisbols 2019

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Auburn Beisbols 2019
« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2019, 12:05:24 PM »
We're not Arkansas.  At least there's that.
We do have that going for us.....which is nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 05:50:54 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2019, 07:41:42 PM »
Walking in runs ain't getting it.

I understand that it's raining, but SHIT! ERROR!

To be continued after 9 pm. That has to suck waiting around to restart.

Can we restart from the ninth inning against MSU?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2019, 02:28:41 PM »
Fought to the end. Damn proud of them. 

2017- lost in regionals
2018- lost in supers
2019- Omaha. 

We are trending up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2019, 02:31:36 PM »
Fought to the end. Damn proud of them.

2017- lost in regionals
2018- lost in supers
2019- Omaha.

We are trending up.
Definitely proud of the job they did.

We just needed a bit more pitching. How we made it this far is a testament to the grit of the players and coaches.

That loss to MSU really hurt us. We were on such an emotional high that it just deeply affected the team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »
The future is bright for Auburn beisbols.  Bright from the real sun, not the piped in led lighting Gus is using.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2019, 02:58:37 PM »
The future is bright for Auburn beisbols.  Bright from the real sun, not the piped in led lighting Gus is using.
It saves energy, and the lights go on FAST.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2019, 06:14:30 PM »
Definitely proud of the job they did.

We just needed a bit more pitching. How we made it this far is a testament to the grit of the players and coaches.

That loss to MSU really hurt us. We were on such an emotional high that it just deeply affected the team.

We need fielding practice more than pitching.  

Lost to MSU after airmailing the third out in the bottom of the ninth.  Two options, tag or throw, to end the game and he botched them both. 

Three runs to Louisville came because the second baseman bobbled a routine grounder that would have ended the inning.  

We lost two easily winnable games because we couldn't make fundamental plays in the infield.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »
We need fielding practice more than pitching. 

Lost to MSU after airmailing the third out in the bottom of the ninth.  Two options, tag or throw, to end the game and he botched them both.

Three runs to Louisville came because the second baseman bobbled a routine grounder that would have ended the inning. 

We lost two easily winnable games because we couldn't make fundamental plays in the infield. 
Agreed.  Gabe Gross is earning his paycheck for getting the bats right, but the defense has been head-scratching of late.

That said, we stranded a lot of runners today (bases loaded in the 8th) and had a chance to win.

How much different would today have gone if they'd postponed yesterday's start after the rain started?  It didn't get any worse, they just wanted to finish the inning and that rain had a demonstrable impact on our pitching and fielding, resulting in the run differential in the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2019, 09:53:19 PM »
 that rain had a demonstrable impact on our pitching and fielding, resulting in the run differential in the game.
This,

Everyone knew the canuck was  liability at third. But his bat was what they had to have in the game.
They gambled that he would not get enough balls hit to him to affect the outcome, they lost that gamble!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2019, 11:11:19 PM »
I'm not going to bitch about a season that ends in the Series and ended up with 38 wins.  

But.... 

Judd Ward looked like me batting the last few outings.   Seven strikeouts, six left on base in two CWS games.  Was there nobody else who could have played left or hit for him late in the game?  The kid had a 3-5 day in the blowout over NC, but there were a bunch of 0-fers toward the end of the season.  Whiffing like a bitch with the bases loaded was bad, bad, bad.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2019, 10:23:03 AM »
I'm not going to bitch about a season that ends in the Series and ended up with 38 wins. 

But....

Judd Ward looked like me batting the last few outings.  Seven strikeouts, six left on base in two CWS games.  Was there nobody else who could have played left or hit for him late in the game?  The kid had a 3-5 day in the blowout over NC, but there were a bunch of 0-fers toward the end of the season.  Whiffing like a bitch with the bases loaded was bad, bad, bad. 
He struggled for sure. I think the coach expected him to snap out of it at any time. But he didn't.
It was his time to shine and he had a bad day.
But all of those kids were the ones that got you there. Its hard as a coach to pull somebody when they have been doing the job all season.
But  agree, your lead-off guy has to put the ball in play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2019, 12:46:41 PM »
Obviously, every AU fan is proud of the fact that this team beat the odds and made it to the CWS.  It's been fun walking around with the chest puffed up a little more (Mainly because of my luscious man-boobs) after a Final 4 in round ball, making the CWS and of course, another year of domination in the Equestrian Arena. 

With regard to the AU Biesbols, my only hope is that the exposure of a World Series helps in recruiting.  All indications are that the Final 4 run has continued to fuel Pearl's stellar recruiting run.  The Series needs to have the same effect for Butch because the reality is.....this team ain't all that an a bag of Lays Wavy Potato Chips.  They need players, especially ones that can hit.  And field their position.

What this team did was just enough to be one of the 3,482 teams that make a regional.  Then, they got hot in 2 straight series against 2 solid clubs.  Outside of that, they were 10 games over .500 (They were 20 games over last year)  They had a losing SEC record (Down from last year) They were 1-2 in the SEC tourney and 0-2 in the CWS.  They had barely any regulars that sniffed of .280 at the plate while every other roster in the Series was littered with .300 plus hitters.  And despite that, they were in both games until the fielding let them down.

Not going Debbie Downer on the season.  Just hoping their accomplishments at the end attracts some big time talent, similar to what Bruce is doing with the Hoops.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2019, 01:21:39 PM »
Obviously, every AU fan is proud of the fact that this team beat the odds and made it to the CWS.  It's been fun walking around with the chest puffed up a little more (Mainly because of my luscious man-boobs) after a Final 4 in round ball, making the CWS and of course, another year of domination in the Equestrian Arena.

With regard to the AU Biesbols, my only hope is that the exposure of a World Series helps in recruiting.  All indications are that the Final 4 run has continued to fuel Pearl's stellar recruiting run.  The Series needs to have the same effect for Butch because the reality is.....this team ain't all that an a bag of Lays Wavy Potato Chips.  They need players, especially ones that can hit.  And field their position.

What this team did was just enough to be one of the 3,482 teams that make a regional.  Then, they got hot in 2 straight series against 2 solid clubs.  Outside of that, they were 10 games over .500 (They were 20 games over last year)  They had a losing SEC record (Down from last year) They were 1-2 in the SEC tourney and 0-2 in the CWS.  They had barely any regulars that sniffed of .280 at the plate while every other roster in the Series was littered with .300 plus hitters.  And despite that, they were in both games until the fielding let them down.

Not going Debbie Downer on the season.  Just hoping their accomplishments at the end attracts some big time talent, similar to what Bruce is doing with the Hoops. 
What you talking about you crazy bitch?  Nate Oats done MASTERED the transfer portal for the basketballs.  All the recruits belong to Bama.  I read it on al.com.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2019, 02:31:02 PM »
What you talking about you crazy bitch?  Nate Oats done MASTERED the transfer portal for the basketballs.  All the recruits belong to Bama.  I read it on al.com. 
This guy?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2019, 11:39:56 PM »
OK. Baseball is over. Unstick this beyotch and let’s move on!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2019, 12:07:14 AM »
OK. Baseball is over. Unstick this beyotch and let’s move on!
You'll get nothing and like it, Spaulding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2019, 02:16:59 AM »
Don't know where this came from but a good little write up.

Here’s some info about the season and a look at next year.

Can’t say enough about the job Coach Thompson and his assistants did. Through all the struggles and injuries this team dealt with, it could’ve been easy for them to give in at multiple points in the season, but they didn’t. And I think that’s a testament to the HC and the trust he has in his guys and the belief his guys have in him. I know Gabe has his detractors, but I think he did a great job of getting this team to reset and adjust going into the postseason. What we saw in the postseason offensively is generally what I expected from this group all season. There’s still some work to be done there, but if we can carry these last three weeks over into all of next year, I think we’re going to be just fine.

Speaking of next year, we have the potential to return an incredible amount of contributors from this team. Will Holland and Davis Daniel will leave for their drafted teams. Elliott Anderson has an interesting decision to make. He was a third day pick, but he has some leverage right now, which he loses if he returns. Jack Owen was a third day pick, but he’s draft eligible next year and would still maintain that leverage as a Junior. I think he returns. Julien was also a third day pick, and it seems there’s mixed opinion on what he’s going to do. I’ve heard he’s coming back. Others have heard he’s going to sign. If he returns, I think he stands the most to gain. If he can replicate what he did in the postseason over a full season, I think he’s a top 5 round guy with a significant increase in signing bonus. Best case scenario, everyone returns. Most likely scenario IMO is Julien and Owen return.

Assuming the most likely, we would bring back 7 of our 8 starting position players, our DH, and all three guys that were in our starting rotation next year. Defensively, we’re probably replacing a MIF, either SS or 2B depending on what we do with Bliss next year. Brody Moore, Everett Lau, and Devin Warner look to be the guys first in line to take over the vacated spot. There are some other possibilities on the infield, but that’s a lot of guessing at this point. We also bring in a few recruits that I think could make an impact next year. Nate LaRue is a highly regarded C prospect that could platoon with Scheffler next year. Travis Odom, Mason Greer, and JUCO transfer Tyler Miller are MIF that could factor into that vacated position race. In the OF, I don’t expect anything to change for next year. Ward, Howell, and Williams seem to have things locked down.

On the pitching staff, we have so much depth and quality and experience returning. If a freshman works his way into meaningful innings, then IMO he’s done something pretty special. We have several starting options with Burns, Owen, Horn, Fitts, and Fuller all being strong possibilities. In the bullpen, Greenhill and Watson seem to be the two staples back there. We have potential in guys like Morrison and Wade and Skipper plus the JUCO addition Andrew Baker. Kyle Gray and Peyton Glavine progressed over the season and could provide that extra depth that we’ve lacked over the last few years, especially in the midweek. Some of the incoming recruits that I think could make an impact are Hayden Mullins, Ramsey David, and Mason Barnett. But we’re bringing in another large class of pitchers, mostly RHPs. So there could be a surprise or two.

Overall, we’re in great shape going into next year. There’s probably going to be some attrition because there always is, but this program is set up to build on the foundations laid by these last three teams and do something even more special next year. 240 days until Opening Day 2020!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2019, 04:01:51 PM »
Je reviens pour une autre saison

-- Edouard
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions