• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: 2019 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #461 on: October 09, 2019, 02:51:12 PM »
When we asked Nook for a vote, he just said "cooter."  I'm not sure what that means.
Was he talking about that guy from The Dukes of Hazzard?  If he was that makes no damn sense at all.  Cooter, hmmmm…...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #462 on: October 09, 2019, 05:38:28 PM »
9-0 in the first inning.  Baseball God’s punishment for not playing stationary baseball in the playoffs. You can play home run derby all year but in October, you move runners over and bring them across. And if a pitcher is sitting them down, you don’t pull him because of analytics.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #463 on: October 09, 2019, 05:50:04 PM »
9-0 in the first inning.  Baseball God’s punishment for not playing stationary baseball in the playoffs. You can play home run derby all year but in October, you move runners over and bring them across. And if a pitcher is sitting them down, you don’t pull him because of analytics. 
10-0. Just ugly!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #464 on: October 09, 2019, 05:52:47 PM »
10-0 now.  Well, at least there's no need to stress over it.  

Jar/Buzz and the rest of you...I don't want to be a part of your stupid text orgy.  I hope your fingers cramp up and you catch a moderate to severe case of the goat aids.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #465 on: October 09, 2019, 05:59:29 PM »
I’ve never seen anything like this before.  Except for that Auburn/UNC game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #466 on: October 09, 2019, 06:20:12 PM »
The most runs ever scored on a team in the first inning  of the playoffs, in the history of MLB!

Yea! We made history!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 06:22:45 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #467 on: October 09, 2019, 06:50:11 PM »
Fuck the Braves.  

Out of consideration for that whining bitch who plays for St Louis they boxed up the foam tomahawks and said they would cut back the chants, music and “chop” imagery.  

This. Is. What. You. Get. When. You. Bow. To. Bullshit. Political. Correctness.  

Should have chopped in that fuckers face. Like right in it.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #468 on: October 09, 2019, 07:40:48 PM »
Fuck the Brave’s manager.

Soroka is clearly the Brave’s ace. With a cake walk into the NLDS where we saw the big names resting, why in the tomahawk chopping fuck was Soroka in a position to only pitch 1 game?  This fucking guy won on talent alone. Nothing else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #469 on: October 09, 2019, 09:32:30 PM »
Good series, guys. Triggered, Cheating Cards into the NLCS. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #470 on: October 09, 2019, 10:13:07 PM »
Good series, guys. Triggered, Cheating Cards into the NLCS.
The Cards are the Ohio State of baseball.  

Boo. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #471 on: October 10, 2019, 12:37:40 AM »
Could be worse. Could be the team with the best record in the NL as a clear favorite and have a wild card team hit a grand slam in the top of the tenth in front of your home crowd.

Fuck the dodgers and the nationals.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #472 on: October 10, 2019, 01:10:13 AM »
Could be worse. Could be the team with the best record in the NL as a clear favorite and have a wild card team hit a grand slam in the top of the tenth in front of your home crowd.

Fuck the dodgers and the nationals. 
Washington, St. Louis, Yankholes and either Rays or Assblows.  

What a shitshow.  Nobody wants to watch any World Series with any combination of those teams.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #473 on: October 10, 2019, 08:54:59 AM »
Congrats Jar.  Great series right til Game 5.  I didnt see the first inning since I was at work.  Thank God.  Now treat the Nats like the bitches they are.  Cards/Yankees.  You cant stop fate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #474 on: October 10, 2019, 09:37:00 AM »
From a baseball perspective, it sucks to be Clayton Kershaw this morning.  I stayed up and watched the whole thing last night.  In fact, way more than I did the Braves. But Kershaw comes in in relief with a 3-1 lead.  Strikes out the last batter of the inning on 3 pitches. He threw 3 more pitches in the game.  Two of those left Dodger Stadium. 

It was like my high school coach after I took a come-backer to the mound and promptly threw it over the first baseman's head and down the right field line.  He took a slow stroll out to the mound and imparted the following words of wisdom that I have carried with me through life ever since.  He said:

SHIT!!!  Just shit.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #475 on: October 10, 2019, 10:20:28 AM »
The dodgers won 106 games without using starters in relief. I just don’t understand why teams abandoned what has worked all year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #476 on: October 10, 2019, 10:24:28 AM »
Fuck the Brave’s manager.

Soroka is clearly the Brave’s ace. With a cake walk into the NLDS where we saw the big names resting, why in the tomahawk chopping fuck was Soroka in a position to only pitch 1 game?  This fucking guy won on talent alone. Nothing else.

Agree.

Snit made some horrible pitching decisions. Thought soroka should have went games 1 and 4/5. Folty wasn’t gonna pitch two gems in a row. And not against flaherty. And the decision to use Jackson in critical times (game 1) is a head scratcher.

That aside, the braves middle of the lineup was cold cold cold with RISP. I said it last week but a team like the cards will make you pay for that. You cant fuck around like that in the  playoffs with seasoned teams.

13-1 isn’t what hurts. What hurts is this game shouldn’t have even happened. They had them on the mat and let them back up. You don’t let Ali or Tyson or foreman back up.  And it’s all on them. 

I do not like snit. He’s not a playoff manager. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 10:27:11 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #477 on: October 10, 2019, 10:59:04 AM »
Agree.

Snit made some horrible pitching decisions. Thought soroka should have went games 1 and 4/5. Folty wasn’t gonna pitch two gems in a row. And not against flaherty. And the decision to use Jackson in critical times (game 1) is a head scratcher.

That aside, the braves middle of the lineup was cold cold cold with RISP. I said it last week but a team like the cards will make you pay for that. You cant fuck around like that in the  playoffs with seasoned teams.

13-1 isn’t what hurts. What hurts is this game shouldn’t have even happened. They had them on the mat and let them back up. You don’t let Ali or Tyson or foreman back up.  And it’s all on them.

I do not like snit. He’s not a playoff manager.
How many times did we say that about Cox.
I'm not sure which is worse, not making the playoffs, or getting there and shitting the bed.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #478 on: October 10, 2019, 11:00:42 AM »
How many times did we say that about Cox.
I'm not sure which is worse, not making the playoffs, or getting there and shootting the bed.   
It's much less stressful when you don't make the playoffs at all.

Signed,

Cub fans everywhere
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #479 on: October 10, 2019, 11:01:36 AM »
The dodgers won 106 games without using starters in relief. I just don’t understand why teams abandoned what has worked all year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE