Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2019 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: 2019 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #340 on: September 25, 2019, 09:20:41 AM »
I think everyone knows where I stand on the Bravos.  My oldest son is all about the Bravos now and we watch a few innings together here and there.  It's all his little 9 yr old gnat sized attention span  can take.  This team is growing on me.  Lots of good young talent, plus Donaldson.  I would love for them to make a deep run in the playoffs and get some tickets for me and the boy.  So here's hoping that Snitker doesn't channel his inner Bobby Cox and get's it done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #341 on: September 25, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »
I think everyone knows where I stand on the Bravos.  My oldest son is all about the Bravos now and we watch a few innings together here and there.  It's all his little 9 yr old gnat sized attention span  can take.  This team is growing on me.  Lots of good young talent, plus Donaldson.  I would love for them to make a deep run in the playoffs and get some tickets for me and the boy.  So here's hoping that Snitker doesn't channel his inner Bobby Cox and get's it done.
We're doomed.  You just had to invoke the name of Early Exit Bobby, didn't you?

Obviously, I'm a lifer when it comes to the Braves and most sports ATL.  But yeah, I think this team would grow on most people with how they play and the fun they seem to have.  Granted, it's easy to have a lot of fun when you're winning.  But, guys like Albies and Acuna were acting like kids early last year when nothing was expected of them.

On a strategic note, I'm hoping Snit understands that one guy in particular needs to be dropped from the rotation for the playoffs.  Need to send Julio Tehran to the bullpen for long relief.  I haven't looked at the numbers, and I know he was solid in midseason, but every time I've seen him pitch down the stretch, he's getting hammered early and often...including last night.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #342 on: September 25, 2019, 09:45:02 AM »
Here's the Chief to balance things out Snaggs...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #343 on: September 25, 2019, 09:56:40 AM »
Here's the Chief to balance things out Snaggs...

Chief Slapaho
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #344 on: September 25, 2019, 10:06:50 AM »
Jar is spot on.  One game playoff facing Max Sherbert on the bump.  Do...Not...Like!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #345 on: September 25, 2019, 02:17:29 PM »
We're doomed.  You just had to invoke the name of Early Exit Bobby, didn't you?

Obviously, I'm a lifer when it comes to the Braves and most sports ATL.  But yeah, I think this team would grow on most people with how they play and the fun they seem to have.  Granted, it's easy to have a lot of fun when you're winning.  But, guys like Albies and Acuna were acting like kids early last year when nothing was expected of them.

On a strategic note, I'm hoping Snit understands that one guy in particular needs to be dropped from the rotation for the playoffs.  Need to send Julio Tehran to the bullpen for long relief.  I haven't looked at the numbers, and I know he was solid in midseason, but every time I've seen him pitch down the stretch, he's getting hammered early and often...including last night.   
Yes, yes and yes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #346 on: September 25, 2019, 07:31:11 PM »
Brewers already up 7-1 in the second.  Sheesh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #347 on: September 26, 2019, 08:46:34 AM »
The Brew Crew are definitely peaking at the right time.  Not sure it will amount to anything in the playoffs, but I wouldn't want to have to face them in a series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #348 on: September 26, 2019, 09:24:54 AM »
I hope the Braves can stop them in the NLDS.  After the Cards blow the wildcard game, I'll be left rooting for Auburn people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #349 on: September 26, 2019, 09:56:25 AM »
I hope the Braves can stop them in the NLDS.  After the Cards blow the wildcard game, I'll be left rooting for Auburn people.
We got this.  Even though Freddie Freeman, Ronald Acuna are out along with Charlie Culberson after he got his face smashed in by a fastball. 

Srsly, both Freeman and Acuna are supposed to be back. 

This is why I love this time of year.  Yep, it's more fun when your teams are doing more gooder.  Auburn is 4-0.  The Bravos in the playoffs along with the Cards.  (More fun when we can all talk shit on the board down the stretch)  But last night is a prime example.  I turned on the ESPINS and they had the Rays, who are fighting for their own spot, against the Yankmees.  They cut away to Cards/Snakes in the 9th with the Birds down 9-5 but the bases loaded and 1 out.  They drive in 2 runs to make it 9-7 and up strolls Paul Goldmember, who had hit more dingers in that ballpark than anyone in history, with 2 on and 1 out.  Okay, this is good shit right here. 

No, he didn't come through, but all I thought of is that the Central race just went down to a 1 1/2 game lead and this weekend is going to be tasty. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #350 on: September 26, 2019, 10:02:14 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #351 on: September 26, 2019, 10:07:24 AM »
this weekend is going to be tasty.
And not stressful at all.  Last weekend was almost perfect, college and pro-team wise, for me.  Cards/Saints did well.  Auburn won, but that team up the road won, so college I went .500.  Shit, even the kids sports did well (except soccer, and that's because they have a shitty coach).  This weekend, it's going to be payback.  Saints will lose to the Cowboys and WE!!! will gloat.  Cubs will take 2 of 3 vs Cards, and Buzz will gloat, and I'll have to end up pulling a Nook.

At this point, I'm just glad we don't have any Misstake fans around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #352 on: September 26, 2019, 10:27:25 AM »

No kiddn. Dude, I haven't seen an epic come-apart Cubs fail like this in some time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #353 on: September 26, 2019, 10:31:05 AM »
No kiddn. Dude, I haven't seen an epic come-apart Cubs fail like this in some time.
You see, we Falcons fans know all about come aparts. 

Image result for Atlanta Falcons fans images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #354 on: September 26, 2019, 04:01:17 PM »
Down to one game.  Goddamn Brewers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #355 on: September 26, 2019, 04:58:53 PM »
Down to one game.  Goddamn Brewers.
Next up....the 68-90 Colorado Rockies.  Good thing the Cubs have thrown in the towel.  Easy Breezy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2019, 10:28:46 AM »
Well, then, I guess there’s only one thing left to do. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #357 on: September 30, 2019, 08:59:23 AM »
Well, then, I guess there’s only one thing left to do.
Hire Joe Maddon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #358 on: September 30, 2019, 11:29:21 AM »
Hire Joe Maddon?
He will be on the job market about as long as a tomato on Kaos's sandwich when someone tells him Roh Tahd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #359 on: September 30, 2019, 11:38:03 AM »
Hire Joe Maddon?
Something tells me Cubs gonna stick with a Joe, as in Joe Girardi.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions