Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2019 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Re: 2019 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #260 on: September 10, 2019, 09:17:43 AM »
Cubs and Brew Crew both win, picking up 1/2 game each, now 4 and 6 back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #261 on: September 10, 2019, 09:51:27 AM »
Another day, another injury.

Fuck this season.  At least I have football basketball season is near.
Look on the bright side, at least Steve-O from Jackass did well in his MLB debut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #262 on: September 10, 2019, 11:47:29 AM »
Look on the bright side, at least Steve-O from Jackass did well in his MLB debut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #263 on: September 10, 2019, 03:44:19 PM »
My Red Sox are buried.  Any crazy hopes for a miracle were drowned in a pile of pinstripes.  So let's fire Dombrowski.  Why not? Look for Mookie to bolt in the off season.  JD is probably gone.  Hope they keep Devers, but I can see a dismantling coming.  

Meanwhile the baby Braves stay hot with some of the best young talent in baseball.  Acuna is just 20, Albies barely 21. Also got Soroka, a 20-year old, on the mound.   Behind those guys, Atlanta has probably the deepest, most talented farm system in MLB.  Could be setting up for a pretty decent run over the next few years.  There's a pretty good chance Atlanta wins 100 games this season.  If so, it would be the 9th time in franchise history, third only behind Yankees 19 (nobody's catching them) and the A's 10.  Will Atlanta win the East?  Magic Eight Ball says yes.  Will the Braves lose in either the DS or CS?  Eight ball says you can rely on it.  Fun team, just not going to make the WS.  

I'm over the Cubs. They were fun when they couldn't get there. Watching them win the World Series was another item crossed off the list of things I wanted to live long enough to see.  Since, though, the entitlement has really turned me off.  Never liked the Cards or the Reds (although I did like Johnny Bench). Despise the Yankees with a Bama-like passion. Astros do not move me. Nats can suck it.  Also entitled for reasons I fail to grasp.  Can't ever get behind the Twins because of Kent Hrbeck and the Lonnie Smith baseblunder that cost me what would have been one of the greatest sports moments of my life -- and instead left me depressed in the dark for nearly two full days, physically unable to get up. Dodgers can go blow a goat.  Hate them almost as much as the Yankees but that has waned since Atlanta's no longer in the NL West.  About the only other team I've ever had much interest in was the A's and that was really more a function of my affection for the Raiders back in the day.  They sort of went together.  When they turned into the clown brothers with those meatheads McGwire and Canseco I quit them altogether.  Don't think I've paid any attention to them since.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2019, 04:04:53 PM »
About 3-4 years ago, when the they affectively dismantled the Braves, I was pissed.  They were at least competitive and had a shot at the Wild Card most years.  But, it was clear they were going the way of the Astros and others who had done the same thing.  Burn it to the ground and start over from scratch.  I think the plan is actually way ahead of schedule as I don't think anyone envisioned what Acuna, Albies etc. could do at such young ages. 

I know I'm going at least half tard here, but I think they have a legit shot at making the WS.  The reason is they're getting a solid 7 from their starters just about every single night.  I say that and they'll get shelled tonight and be down 7-0 at the end of 3.  But last night, Foltyneciewicsavich had his second straight dominant outing.  If he continues and you add that to Soroka, Keuchel, Fried and Tayron, I think we can compete. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #265 on: September 10, 2019, 04:17:38 PM »
About 3-4 years ago, when the they affectively dismantled the Braves, I was pissed.  They were at least competitive and had a shot at the Wild Card most years.  But, it was clear they were going the way of the Astros and others who had done the same thing.  Burn it to the ground and start over from scratch.  I think the plan is actually way ahead of schedule as I don't think anyone envisioned what Acuna, Albies etc. could do at such young ages.

I know I'm going at least half tard here, but I think they have a legit shot at making the WS.  The reason is they're getting a solid 7 from their starters just about every single night.  I say that and they'll get shelled tonight and be down 7-0 at the end of 3.  But last night, Foltyneciewicsavich had his second straight dominant outing.  If he continues and you add that to Soroka, Keuchel, Fried and Tayron, I think we can compete.
Yeah.  I was the same.  Thought they were throwing the baby and the bathwater out the door.  Felt bad for Freddie, who was really the only piece of the puzzle that stuck around.  Then they built that gaudy monument to excess up in the snoots and I was sort of done with it.  

Had a chance to go there last year when the Sox came to town and pretty quickly realized how smart that had actually been.  While the old Turner Field was fairly new and a pretty decent place to watch a game, SunTrust was more like home.  Everything that was going on in and around the park was infinitely better. Nobody with a gold grill and a dirty bandanna was axing me for $40 to make shore nothin happened to my ride (and who was nowhere to be found when you went back out to the car in the dark).  The shops and restaurants were all interesting.  Getting a table at one of the restaurants, even after a sellout game, wasn't hard to do.  Food was good, drinks were good, and it didn't break the bank. There were things to do outside the park as well as inside.  There's a freaking hotel right on the property and rooms weren't outrageous.  

It's a great place to watch a game and the atmosphere was super.  Bravo to the Bravos for that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #266 on: September 10, 2019, 04:42:21 PM »
If so, it would be the 9th time in franchise history, third only behind Yankees 19 (nobody's catching them) and the A's 10.
And A's had to do it in 2 different cities. 

I'm shocked the Dodgers only has 6 100 win seasons (3 in Brooklyn and 3 in LA) and the Giants only have 7(4 in NY and 3 in SF).  Cubs with 7 and Cards with 9.

Even more impressive for the Braves, they had 6 100 win seasons between 1993 and 2003. With one of those years being a strike shortened season, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2019, 04:58:46 PM »
And A's had to do it in 2 different cities. 

I'm shocked the Dodgers only has 6 100 win seasons (3 in Brooklyn and 3 in LA) and the Giants only have 7(4 in NY and 3 in SF).  Cubs with 7 and Cards with 9.

Even more impressive for the Braves, they had 6 100 win seasons between 1993 and 2003. With one of those years being a strike shortened season, too.
I think you'd find that during that stretch, we set the record for most average wins in a season while being punted from the playoffs in the 1st round.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2019, 05:19:23 PM »
I think you'd find that during that stretch, we set the record for most average wins in a season while being punted from the playoffs in the 1st round.
Yes, but unlike the Buffalo Bills, you actually won it once.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #269 on: September 10, 2019, 05:29:03 PM »
Yes, but unlike the Buffalo Bills, you actually won it once.
I find truth in your words, pale face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2019, 08:47:38 AM »
Cubs = done
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2019, 10:26:01 AM »
Rockies 2  Cards 1
Brew Crew 7  Fish 5
Fathers 4  Baby Bears 0

Cards hold a 4 game lead on Beer Boys and Cubbies

Braves 3  Ponies 1
Nats 6  Twinkies 2

Bravos up 9.5 on Trump Town with 15 to play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2019, 10:48:51 AM »
Rockies 2  Cards 1
Brew Crew 7  Fish 5
Fathers 4  Baby Bears 0

Cards hold a 4 game lead on Beer Boys and Cubbies

Braves 3  Ponies 1
Nats 6  Twinkies 2

Bravos up 9.5 on Trump Town with 15 to play.
I'm guessing Colorado doesn't allow chicken sacrifices in the locker room, because our bats are scared.

Dude, I don't know why you're worried about the Nats.  Magic number is 8.  You could go 8-7 and they would need to go 15-0, and you still get in.  Take a deep breathe, you're in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2019, 11:40:02 AM »
I'm guessing Colorado doesn't allow chicken sacrifices in the locker room, because our bats are scared.

Dude, I don't know why you're worried about the Nats.  Magic number is 8.  You could go 8-7 and they would need to go 15-0, and you still get in.  Take a deep breathe, you're in.
It's just that ever since Token posted that "Time for the Braves to crash" thing, I haven't been sleeping well.  He hasn't posted on this board since.  I firmly believe that's a sign.  And not a good one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2019, 12:45:58 PM »
It's just that ever since Token posted that "Time for the Braves to crash" thing, I haven't been sleeping well.  He hasn't posted on this board since.  I firmly believe that's a sign.  And not a good one.
If any team is going to crash, it will be the Redbirds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #275 on: September 12, 2019, 02:25:11 PM »
If any team is going to crash, it will be the Redbirds.
Here's the thing.  I'm a fan of the ATL.  You know, as in Braves, Hawks and Falcons?  You remember the Falcons, right?  The owners of the most embarrassing meltdown in Super Bowl history.  No way possible to lose that game.  It's in the bag.  Go ahead, celebrate!

Image result for Atlanta Falcon fan images

No lead is safe in the ATL and I won't be happy until and if they pop those corks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #276 on: September 16, 2019, 01:03:04 PM »
Well that was a shitty weekend of baseball.  Cubs now 2 back, Brewers now 3 back.  Magic number is 12.

Tonight, Cards vs Nats, Cubs vs Reds, and Brewers vs Padres.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #277 on: September 16, 2019, 03:30:06 PM »
Braves' Culberson out for the year:

https://www.foxsports.com/south/video/1603376707641
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

« Reply #278 on: September 16, 2019, 04:06:50 PM »
Well that was a shitty weekend of baseball.  Cubs now 2 back, Brewers now 3 back.  Magic number is 12.

Tonight, Cards vs Nats, Cubs vs Reds, and Brewers vs Padres. 
Cubs need to take care of bidnezz with the Reds but they have trouble with them for whatever reason. If Cubs want to take the division, they really need to be no more than a game behind going into the Cards series. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #279 on: September 16, 2019, 05:12:23 PM »
I dont get the fuss.  The Cards are a lock.  Its destiny.  You cant fight it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions