Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2019 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2019 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2019, 05:26:27 PM »
Welp, I've been delegated to rooting for and watching the Bravo's now day's since my 10 year old is a huge fan and the Orioles no longer have a team.

LOL.  I'm not rooting for the Bravo's, just watching them.  Me rooting for the Bravo's....:bugs::rofl:

For real, took the boys and my nephew to a Brave's game.  Sun Trust is a really nice stadium and the parking was a hell of a lot better than Fulton Co or Turner.  I enjoyed it.  Played the Nats. It was nice to see Donaldson drive in the game winner.  I seriously like Acuna, Markakis & Swanson.  Donaldson is a no brainer.  Gonna root for that guy no mater who he plays for.
I think Markakis is out for a while after getting plunked on the wrist the other night.  On another note, anyone see the Reds pitcher take on the entire Pirates dugout last night?  Kids got a set on him. However, I haven't seen more punches thrown and whiffed on in quite some time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2019, 06:02:25 PM »
I think Markakis is out for a while after getting plunked on the wrist the other night.  On another note, anyone see the Reds pitcher take on the entire Pirates dugout last night?  Kids got a set on him. However, I haven't seen more punches thrown and whiffed on in quite some time.
Yeah, I saw that.  Looked like it hurt.  Fractured wrist.  I didn't see the Pirates and Reds.  What were they fighting about.  Which one was the worst team in the NL?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2019, 09:33:56 AM »
Yeah, I saw that.  Looked like it hurt.  Fractured wrist.  I didn't see the Pirates and Reds.  What were they fighting about.  Which one was the worst team in the NL?
Apparently, the Reds and Buccos have a long running feud.  They started jawing back and forth and the Reds pitcher left the mound and charged the Pirates dugout. I mean, the dude started swinging on about 10 guys in front of the dugout.  It looked wild but the reality was that I'm not sure anyone threw a punch that landed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2019, 10:13:30 AM »

Annnnnnnd right on cue, Puig into the action.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2019, 04:06:53 PM »
Apparently, the Reds and Buccos have a long running feud.  They started jawing back and forth and the Reds pitcher left the mound and charged the Pirates dugout. I mean, the dude started swinging on about 10 guys in front of the dugout.  It looked wild but the reality was that I'm not sure anyone threw a punch that landed.

A guy in Pittsburgh told me they consider it an uncivil rivalry. I guess I also didn’t realize how close they were even though Cleveland is closer - different league and all. Makes sense.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:08:37 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2019, 04:48:06 PM »
I'm actually pumped about what the Bravos did.  Their line up is going to hit more often than not so I'm not worried about that.   Starting pitching really got a boost from Dallas Keuchel.  Dude is solid.  I would like to have seen them get another quality starter but it is what it is and they wound up really targeting the Achilles heel of this team, the bullpen.

Mark Melancon (SF)  4-2  3.50 ERA  183 career saves

Chris Cold Play Martin (Texas)  3.08 ERA  4 saves.  Most impressive stat:  43/4 strike out to walk ratio.  MUCH NEEDED!

Shane Greene (Det) 1.18 ERA  22 saves.

All of them look solid and all are better than the schleps we have down there now. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2019, 07:13:25 AM »
Good series, Buzz. Central may go down to the wire. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2019, 10:02:01 AM »
:rofl::rofl: BWAAAHAHAHAHA......you're killin' me, Smalls.

Birds/Yanks
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:39:23 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2019, 08:50:18 PM »
:rofl::rofl: BWAAAHAHAHAHA......you're killin' me, Smalls.

Birds/Yanks
Up your butt, Jobu. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2019, 08:15:43 AM »
To the bird on a wire
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2019, 03:28:04 PM »
Well.....I was all fired up about the relief pitchers the Braves signed.  Shane Mr. All Star Greene, has pitched twice and gotten his shit pushed in both times. 

I miss Luke Jackson.

Holy hell, what am I saying? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2019, 10:24:53 AM »
Well.....I was all fired up about the relief pitchers the Braves signed.  Shane Mr. All Star Greene, has pitched twice and gotten his shit pushed in both times.

I miss Luke Jackson.

Holy hell, what am I saying?
He's definitely crapped all over the bed.  Hits and runs in every inning he's pitched except for the 1/3 of an inning last night.  Even then he inherited one runner and allowed it to score.  

Not a good start for the supposed stopper. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2019, 10:46:25 PM »
Ok.  It’s official. 

Fuck Shame Greene.  Send his ass packing.  

Helped ruin a seven scoreless inning starting effort by vomiting up hit after hit.  Was instrumental in turning a 6-2 ninth inning lead into a 7-6 loss.  

I’ve seen enough of this bag of dick ass. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2019, 11:20:04 AM »
BREAKING NEWS:

Newly acquired relief pitcher, Shane Greene, pitched a scoreless inning.  Film at 11:00.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #215 on: August 15, 2019, 11:59:36 AM »
BREAKING NEWS:

Newly acquired relief pitcher, Shane Greene, pitched a scoreless inning.  Film at 11:00.
Its gotta start somewhere...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #216 on: August 15, 2019, 12:38:53 PM »
Its gotta start somewhere...
No doubt.  But honestly, I'm trying to figure out how this guy had a 1.18 ERA and made the All Star team.  I don't see anything special about his stuff.  Average fast ball at best and a decent slider. 

We need to take this last game against the Mets because the dreaded Dodgers come to town tomorrow for 3.  We've been their bitch for quite a while now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #217 on: August 19, 2019, 11:28:30 AM »
Less than 40 games to go in the season.  Cheatin' Cards and the Cubbies (Loved those Cubbies jerseys) are locked at the top of the NL Central.  Just a matter of time before the Cardinals start to pull away so they can fulfill their destiny to face the Yankees in the WS, (Birds in 5)

Braves amazingly took 2 of 3 from the Dodgers after being their bitch for 2 years.  They needed to take the series because the Nats have apparently discovered that chicks dig the long ball.  Don't need to face them right now.

Naturally, I have some serious man-love for Ronald Acuna, Jr.  Unbelievable talent to be so young.  But, I hope yesterday was a wake up call.  Actually, I have no problem with some extra celebrating and putting more overall fun in the game.  Bat flips?  Hell yes, launch that sucker 30 feet.  But when you stand there and admire what #1, wasn't a home run. #2 should have been a double and could have been a triple if he'd been running, and #C, you only get a single out of it. 

Sitcho ass down.

Taking 2 of 3 from the Dodgers obviously sent them in to a tail spin.  They only lead the division by 18.5 games now.  Damn they good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #218 on: August 19, 2019, 11:34:53 AM »
I'm starting to think that even the Cards can't take the Dodgers down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #219 on: August 19, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »
I'm starting to think that even the Cards can't take the Dodgers down.
Seriously tho, looking like a Dodgers/Astros rematch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions