Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Wrong is wrong

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Wrong is wrong
« on: February 01, 2019, 11:58:48 PM »
I don't agree with Virginia Governor Ralph Northam's position on much of anything.  

But I disagree more with the current attempt to crucify him for a yearbook photo from 1984.  It is ridiculous to apply the super-sensitive standards of today to something that happened 35 years ago.  That's just plain wrong.  

We are in full "burn the witches" mode today.  Disagree with someone?  Screw making a valid argument against their position.  Find something to damage them personally, doesn't matter if it happened 40 or 50 years ago and can't be proven.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: Wrong is wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 07:03:17 PM »
I don't agree with Virginia Governor Ralph Northam's position on much of anything. 

But I disagree more with the current attempt to crucify him for a yearbook photo from 1984.  It is ridiculous to apply the super-sensitive standards of today to something that happened 35 years ago.  That's just plain wrong. 

We are in full "burn the witches" mode today.  Disagree with someone?  Screw making a valid argument against their position.  Find something to damage them personally, doesn't matter if it happened 40 or 50 years ago and can't be proven. 
Ditto
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 11:18:54 AM »
But it is nice to see those shitty standards applied equally for once!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 09:09:38 AM »

Fuck him. 

Like cct said, if standard is gonna be jacked up, he may as well get it applied to him as well. Plus he’s a fucking liar. Seriously. Fuck him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 10:18:39 AM »
I just figured they were going for the 8,259,323rd trimester bill with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 12:01:53 PM »
Fuck him.

Like cct said, if standard is gonna be jacked up, he may as well get it applied to him as well. Plus he’s a fucking liar. Seriously. Fuck him.
I don’t care what happens to him.  

I just don’t think it’s right to apply today’s pussified, perpetually outraged standards to things that happened decades ago. 

We have to erase Jefferson, who was brilliant and one of the prime reasons this country exists still today, from history — or at least impugn him — because “that cracker believed in slavery!” 

It’s just wrong.  For anyone.  Him, Kavanaugh, anybody. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »
I don’t care what happens to him. 

I just don’t think it’s right to apply today’s pussified, perpetually outraged standards to things that happened decades ago.

We have to erase Jefferson, who was brilliant and one of the prime reasons this country exists still today, from history — or at least impugn him — because “that cracker believed in slavery!”

It’s just wrong.  For anyone.  Him, Kavanaugh, anybody.

I think it’s sweet karma when dems step in the same pile of shit they put out for others to step in. In fact it’s friggin awesome. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 10:09:33 AM »
To K's point, Liam Neeson is going through the same thing right now.  He was asked in an interview how he channeled his emotions to do all these roles where he's kicking ass on screen. He alluded to a time some 40 years ago when a family member was brutally raped by a black man.  He said he went down into black communities 4-5 times looking to unleash his rage.  Here is a quote from Neeson. foxy

I'm not racist," he insisted. "This was nearly 40 years ago. I was brought up in Northern Ireland ... there was a war going on, and I had acquaintances who were involved in the troubles, in the bigotry … I grew up surrounded by that. I was part of it."

That's about as honest as you can get.  A lifetime ago.  A totally different time and one in which he admits to being caught up in the bigotry and racism. Wasn't much different for me and others anywhere close to my old ass in age. I've told this before, but my grandad was the town doctor in scenic Camp Hill, Alabama, just outside Auburn.  His office was built on to their house and he had a white waiting room and a colored waiting room.  Things have changed 1,000% since those days.  People change as well, but the bottom line is, that's just the way things were.

But anyway, Neeson is taking shit for something happened before most of you on this board were even born.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 11:49:07 AM »
Good. Neeson is a liberal peice of shit. Let him rot also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 12:26:36 PM »
Good. Neeson is a liberal peice of shit. Let him rot also.
Just because he's a huge advocate of gun control while making millions doing action movies where he's blowing away countless people with guns.....

You're so picky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »
I said it would be glorious when they started eating their own.  I was right...sort of.

The problem is that now the standard is set.  There's not a man over 40 that will be able to live up to the new "standard" and that is by design.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 06:16:15 PM »
Just because he's a huge advocate of gun control while making millions doing action movies where he's blowing away countless people with guns.....

You're so picky.

I’m with cct on this one. It’s so fitting they fall into the same liberal pc trap they helped progress during their careers. Fuck em. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 11:25:53 PM »
I’m with cct on this one. It’s so fitting they fall into the same liberal pc trap they helped progress during their careers. Fuck em.
Sarcasm.  Missed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 09:10:42 AM »
Sarcasm.  Missed.
No. It wasn’t. It was just ignored. Now, had it been actually funny.....

im seriously gleeful watching this hypocritical mfer squirm. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 03:45:04 PM »
To K's point, Liam Neeson is going through the same thing right now.  He was asked in an interview how he channeled his emotions to do all these roles where he's kicking ass on screen. He alluded to a time some 40 years ago when a family member was brutally raped by a black man.  He said he went down into black communities 4-5 times looking to unleash his rage.  Here is a quote from Neeson. foxy

I'm not racist," he insisted. "This was nearly 40 years ago. I was brought up in Northern Ireland ... there was a war going on, and I had acquaintances who were involved in the troubles, in the bigotry … I grew up surrounded by that. I was part of it."

That's about as honest as you can get.  A lifetime ago.  A totally different time and one in which he admits to being caught up in the bigotry and racism. Wasn't much different for me and others anywhere close to my old ass in age. I've told this before, but my grandad was the town doctor in scenic Camp Hill, Alabama, just outside Auburn.  His office was built on to their house and he had a white waiting room and a colored waiting room.  Things have changed 1,000% since those days.  People change as well, but the bottom line is, that's just the way things were.

But anyway, Neeson is taking shit for something happened before most of you on this board were even born. 
Did your granddaddy trade out with any women in the colored waiting room if they didn’t have the cash?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 04:09:22 PM »
Did your granddaddy trade out with any women in the colored waiting room if they didn’t have the cash?
Probably only after a sponge bath...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 03:57:55 PM »
Image result for Joy Behar black face images

Nothing to see here.  Move along.  Just The View's, Joy Behar, doing her own black face thing. No media frenzy.  No calls to resign.  Why?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 04:00:08 PM »
Image result for Governor Northam blackface images

Nothing to see here.  Move on.  The Democratic Gov was just doin' his thang.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 04:12:02 PM »
Image result for Justin Fairfax accuser images

Nothing to see here.  Move along, folks.  No reason to believe a Stanford educated woman's accusation that the Democratic Lt. Gov forced her to swallow his sausage.  I mean, we need due process here, right?  No need to jump to conclusions and believe her just because she's a woman.  Amirite?  Wait, let's ask Brett.

For what it's worth, I'm with K in the basic premise of this thread.  I find it ridiculous, luda-kris even, to hold people accountable for goofy shit they did in a prior life.  Not that rape is goofy.  But the hypocrisy is astounding.  Kavanaugh was absolutely crucified and the entire liberal world proudly proclaimed that there was no doubt Ballsy Ford was telling the truth....without one shred of evidence.  It's time we start believing women.  Isn't that what they said?  And yet, here's a woman who presumably would be as credible and believable as anyone.  She has dates, times, locations etc.  But the liberal politicians and media are taking a wait and see....let's let due process work approach to all of this.

Where are ya' Spartacus?  Hey Feinstein, what do you think about it? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »
They are busy looking up synonyms for the word wall
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions