Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Yet Another Example of Media Bias

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Yet Another Example of Media Bias
« on: December 19, 2018, 11:30:59 AM »
7-year-old migrant girl taken into Border Patrol custody dies of dehydration, exhaustion

7-year-old migrant girl taken into Border Patrol custody dies of dehydration, exhaustion

That headline makes it sound like the Border Patrol, and by proxy - Trump, killed her

When you read it, buried in the story is this detail:

According to CBP records, the girl and her father were taken into custody about 10 p.m. Dec. 6 south of Lordsburg, N.M., as part of a group of 163 people who approached U.S. agents to turn themselves in.

More than eight hours later, the child began having seizures at 6:25 a.m., CBP records show. Emergency responders, who arrived soon after, measured her body temperature at 105.7 degrees, and according to a statement from CBP, she “reportedly had not eaten or consumed water for several days.”

If a person has been deprived water for days, even when you give them water, it may not matter. 

Oh, and then there's this little bit of detail:

After a helicopter flight to Providence Children’s Hospital in El Paso, the child went into cardiac arrest and “was revived,” according to the agency. “However, the child did not recover and died at the hospital less than 24 hours after being transported,” CBP said.

So the mean old USA did EVERYTHING THEY COULD to save the kid. It's tragic, no argument. But to frame this as the fault of the BP is yet another reason why so many in this country don't trust the press. 

By the way, who do you think it picking up the tab for that life flight and live-saving hospital attempt? HINT: Not Guatemala. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Yet Another Example of Media Bias
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 12:44:47 PM »
Shocking huh? I would think any red blooded American would want to see these truths. But most fall for the fake news and their emotional propaganda. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 11:35:04 AM »
TRUMP BAD!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 11:49:16 AM »
I blame Occasionally Cortez.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 04:33:05 PM »
I blame Occasionally Cortez. 
She's on a self medicating care retreat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.